View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Just caught this earlier today. I think you need to beat all the arenas and buy everything in the museum to be able to open the splicer tear in front of the Songbird model. Guess this is a nice treat to whet anticipation for Burial at Sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRelentlessx View Post
You don't need to beat all arenas just buy everything in the museum, I unlocked everything just by earning enough cash from a few runs of the ops zeal
Yeah, you need to have all of the arenas completed to get the Splicer tear to appear. I did the same thing as xRelentlessx, just played through the first two arenas, bought everything in the museum and then quit without saving to keep all of my money to buy weapon and Vigor upgrades. I'm still undecided if I'm going to try and complete all of the Blue Ribbon challenges. I'm probably just going to knock out the basic stuff and call it quits, I have too many other games to play to fool around with these challenges right now but I'll see how I feel when I'm done with the last two arenas.

I will say that the game feels about perfect difficulty-wise on the hard setting, once you have some upgrades that is. It's stupid when you start this DLC, rolling in with zero defenses against enemies on hard is not a lot of fun. It's doable but like everyone has said, it gets better as you build up your character. Looking back I wish I would have started the campaign on hard from the beginning.