View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Honestly I think that the game's biggest problem is with the manual. Without the guide that CosmonautCowboy mentioned, most people won't understand Cool Combos and the myriad of hidden moves and inputs. The practice mode is actually very good, but it still doesn't explain what the bars mean and make no sense unless you're a fighting game fan and understand frame data. There's a surprising amount of depth to the game, but unfortunately you have to go looking on the internet to find it.

Ultimately this doesn't change the lackluster presentation and the beat-'em-up-quality story, but I don't think that matters as much when the gameplay feels right. I'll keep singing this series' praises, even if I'm the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
It's just a basic spectacle fighter with the novelty of lightly dressed female characters, although I am impressed that a bikini can offer the same kind of protection Chuck Greene and Frank West have.
You know what? I actually like that the game's lore explains the characters' ridiculous outfits. These are superpowered women who gain strength when blood makes contact with their skin...So why not wear a bikini? More skin showing means more blood makes contact, and they become more powerful as a result.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote