View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #19
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Written in the Clouds

Completed Lighthouse. (Secret)

Yeah...starting up Bioshock Infinite. Normally this would be a time where I would say I'd spend countless hours playing through it. Trust me, I realize this is probably a fantastic game just like the two before it and so far it's really beautiful but...I'm just not in a gaming mood. Bad right? I don't understand my personality, I'm still in a very lost place myself right now...so even though I own all of these fantastic games (some of which I've never touched, like Dishonored)...I just don't feel like playing them.

Part of me worries I may be losing my interest in games. But I've been here before, plenty...then I pick up, heavy. I guess I'm stuck in a downtime at the moment...maybe the GSL will kick my ass in gear. But I don't want to rush Bioshock or Dishonored...ah well, the team's agreed to be casual so I'll relax a bit and not rush through like I did with the July Subscriber Tournament.
Don't fret man...I've had that feeling before and actually I feel that way right now. I've beaten all my games and want to work on a couple new ones before GTA, but I'm not really in much of a gaming mood lately.

Not only that, but I find myself getting bored of games VERY quickly, even if it's something I was looking forward to for a long time. Part of that is because I care too much about completing my games down to every achievement. I really hope this attitude or "feeling" doesn't carry on too long after the new consoles are out.

As you said yourself though, don't rush through either of those two games. Dishonored is a gem and BioShock is truly beautiful.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote