View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #338
Hishoa

Red face

welp, i'm bored and I figured I'd be a needless nit-pick -- hope you don't mind, BiggD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, Grand Theft Auto V is here and it is certainly the most phenomenal games [should be singular] that the year has to offer. Set in the state of San Andreas, GTA V follows the story of three very different men as they pursue the criminal underworld in pursuit of man’s greatest goal [the word pursue followed by pursuit seems a little redundant, if not wordy. Might want to revise it.]: lots and lots of money. The game is presented in an open-world [reads better as "open world", the hyphen isn't suitable in this context], which can be freely roamed at your own pace. Unlike previous titles, the entirety of San Andreas (Los Santos and Blaine County) is open from the start, so you can choose to explore the world before taking on the Single Player missions, side activities, and everything else San Andreas has to offer. Achievement wise, your time will be split pretty evenly between the Single Player portion of the game, and the Multiplayer portion of the game: GTA Online. Please take note however, that GTA Online does not launch until October 1st. Overall, you’ll need to dedicate 100+ hours towards GTA V in order to see the game complete. I know for a fact that each and every hour you invest into this game will be worth it. Be prepared for one of the greatest gaming experiences ever and remember, have fun!

Story

Like any open-world [this, for example, is the proper use of a hyphen!] Single Player title, there is no suggested or recommend order in how you should go about your playthrough. Keep in mind however, [comma unneccesarily breaks up this sentence; it reads better without it] that you will need to complete the main storyline, obtain 70 Gold Medals between the story missions and side missions, earn a Gold Medal in a few hobbies and pastimes, [the other comma's are appropriate, however there doesn't need to be a comma before the connective "and"] and uncover the entire map. While there’s so much to do in the world, things might get a little overwhelming, so play at a comfortable pace and make sure to spread out your time between all three characters and all the different missions and activities.

GTA Online

COMING OCTOBER 1ST – STANDBY FOR INFORMATION IN TWO WEEKS!

Miscellaneous

There are several achievements that are not directly tied to the story and side missions. Tasks such as surviving three minutes on a 3-Star Wanted level chase, fully modifying both a weapon and vehicle, making profit in the stock market, delivering a bounty target alive, and spending $200 million between all three characters are just the premise of these miscellaneous achievements. You will also need to take into consideration that there are a handful of collectibles in this game in the forms of space ship parts, letter scraps, toxic waste, stunt jumps and aerial challenges. Remember that all these side achievements can be obtained at anytime.

WARNING: On the last story mission, you will be playing as Franklin. The doorbell will ring and Devin will ask you to do something. CHOOSE OPTION "C" or else you can miss the following achievements: Career Criminal, TP Industries Arms Race, Multi-Disciplined, Waste Management, Red Mist, Kifflom!, Three Man Army, Altruist Acolyte, & Wanted: Alive or Alive.

Mop Up

If you have missed any Single Player or Online achievements during your time on Grand Theft Auto V, hop back into either portion of the game for a clean up of whatever it is you may have missed. Chances are you will need to hunt down some more collectibles, work on your Gold Medals for Single Player, Platinum Awards for GTA Online, or even continue your journey towards that epic Level 100. At any rate, make sure you swipe the remainder of these achievements before putting this game back on the shelf…although we all know that won’t happen for a long time!

Conclusion

This game is bound to leave anyone dumbstruck. From the moment the game is booted up, everything Grand Theft Auto V has to offer is beyond video game standards as we know it. With one of the most memorable and beautiful crafted open-worlds, characters, missions, and soundtrack, GTA V is literally a perfect game for any gamer. The achievements may take a very long time to complete, but let’s put our OCD aside for a minute and appreciate the gem that Rockstar has given us before the next generation of consoles arrive in November. GTA V will forever be known as one of – if not THE – most entertaining video games of this current generation.
other than the corrections, all looks good! upon reading this however, seems you're hyping the shit out of this game that i'm afraid i'll let myself down once i get to play it.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote