View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #92
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
you say "huge" but what was your actual profit

i did that and yes the stock % went up but i only made like 12k investment which unlocked the achievement

same for when i dropped the guy off at the airport and he told me to invest in Tinkle and it only went up 20% not to mention the stock shares were already expensive to begin with, which is the main issue.

if the Lifeinfader stock ever rose significantly from its negative 500%(scripted) and you were able to get a heads up on that, then the Madoff insider-trading stuff that they're trying to mimick would actually be taking place, not 10-20% on stocks that already have double/triple digit priced shares
82% more than you put in is huge profit. It doesn't matter how much you put in to it, because you're going to end up with 82% more.

Obviously utilizing it when you have a lot of money is better, as you will almost double what you had. If you're only putting $12,000 in, you aren't getting the full benefit. You'd only get about $21,840 back, which is easy enough to make anyway. If you invest $2,000,000, you could get about $3,640,000 back. That extra $1,640,000 is a lot harder to make in the game.

You need to invest a lot of money in to it to reap the benefits. Completing the story will give you a lot of money, so it's perhaps best to leave these missions open until then.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote