View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #205
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkX View Post
First off let me just say, great guide BiggD! Also, too all the haters out there, if you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut as you are not contributing anything. Getting off my soap box.

Now, regarding the "Fame or Shame" mission (and you may want to update the name of that mission in your guide BiggD, as it is "or" and not "of", but not a big deal). I spent easily over an hour trying to get the "Bearing Down" requirement. Turns out that you MUST keep the trailer hooked up AND keep close to Lazlow. I kept dropping the trailer right at the start of each replay because I already had "All Hooked Up" and just couldn't get the "Bearing Down" part... turns out that you won't get "Bearing Down" if you don't have the trailer. Kept the trailer on and then I got it the very next replay.

Mission 21: Fame or Shame (Triggered by either Michael or Trevor)
Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow throughout the chase
All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer
Sorry but that's not true, you just mustn't have been close enough on the previous tries, my first time playing this mission I unhooked the trailer immediately when Trevor told me to because I didn't know the gold requirements and the only check I received was Bearing Down.

You do have to stay fairly close to him while the trailer is attached to get All Hooked Up, if he get's too far away from you the trailer will be automatically detached so you can catch up.

I have noticed that the 'Stay Close' requirements from mission to mission are pretty flexible. I didn't fail any, even ones where I was sure I was too far away but I can't get it at all on 'Papparazzo The Meltdown' even though I did one run where I was literally level with the police car the entire time.