View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
15. Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider is the best reboot I've ever played. Crystal Dynamics updated the character of Lara Croft without totally redesigning her and alienating the fans of the previous games. The visuals are some of the best I've ever seen on current consoles and i do feel the gameplay and the story are top notch. It's only fault is the tacked on, boring, barren multiplayer, but you can easily rate this game before ever touching the shitty multiplayer.

14. Fallout 3

Fallout 3 is definitely a great game. Let me start off when the problems: the gameplay. It gets the job done, but it isn't anything special. There's a lack of unique and diverse weapons, the animations are very stiff, and the exploration is a drag because you get lost so easily... BUT, it also does a great job of making you feel like your in an atomic apocalypse and the feeling of despair. It has a great story and an array of interesting characters. A must own for fans of role playing games. Plus, blowing people's heads off in slow motion is so damn entertaining. One last thing is to be said: War... War never changes.

13. Borderlands 2

I found this game to be a complete blast when playing one of the best coops ever. It oozes with humor, style, and personality. From the atrocity that was Borderlands 1, we have an excellent, stylish, hilarious, memorable, and fascinating first person shooter. If you love games that sport weapon collecting, this is the game for you.

12. Dishonored

Coming in for SECOND best stealth game of the generation we have Dishonored, a new IP (which I'm always happy to see) by the new and talented Arkane Studios. You are Corvo Attano, a bodyguard who has recently been framed for the assassination of the empress and the kidnapping of her daughter (and is sentenced to be executed), and he goes out on a life changing adventure. I really did love how you could influence the outcome of the fantastic, memorable, thematic, well-paced story by your actions. Killing everyone and being reckless, ruthless, and sadistic will result in a more bleak ending with more rats and Weepers (people who've lost a battle with the dangerous outbreak of the plague), while killing very few people (and even no one at all) and being an invisible predator will result in a happier ending. The only problem is that the single player is dangerously short only about 5-6 hours (although it's much longer if you're doing a non detected, non lethal run). And with 2 excellent DLC packs, The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches that show the "villain", Daud's, side of the story. I really love this game and I highly recommend it to fans of the stealth genre, like myself.

11.Fallout: New Vegas

I love this game so much. New Vegas is an improvement over Fallout 3 in nearly every way. It improves on the gameplay, the atmosphere, the story (in some aspects), and the side activities. The only thing that took me out of it was hardcore mode and those really fucking annoying invisible walls on top of every rock and mountain. But, when all is said and done, I thoroughly enjoy this game and can recommend it to any gamers looking for a good adventure.

10. Batman: Arkham Asylum

When this game was first announced, many put it off as another failed superhero game. Then it released and shocked many, including myself. It'll always hold a special place in my gaming heart since it was the first 360 game I played. Excellent, flowing, brutal, satisfying combat, interesting characters and story, and stunning visuals are what make it stand tall and proud in my top 10.

9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I have a question for you: do you enjoy a game where you have to think and keep your eyes peeled for the multiple paths to victory? If so, this is the game for you. It's got a very strong, dark, and engaging story, interesting characters, and excellent stealth gameplay easily make it the best stealth game of the generation.

8. Battlefield 3

Before I get criticized, I must start by saying I never played any other BFs besides this and 4 (which is a massive, broken pile of sh*t). Battlefield 3 admittedly has a terrible campaign with a weak story and an unfulfilling ending, but it's multiplayer raised the bar for military FPSs. The maps are dynamic and interesting, the sound design is perfect, and the visuals are among the best. Heading off into the multiplayer will make you forget the lackluster single player, which is a good thing to say the least.

7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Infinity Ward definitely did something special with MW2. It had a very excellent single player and a very strong multiplayer. I dumped so many hours in the never tiring multiplayer and had a blast playing through the campaign on Veteran. I was however not a fan of the special ops mode but I'm glad they tried something new. I'll always remember this game as a great experience that shouldn't be missed by fans of first person shooters.

6. Halo 3

I'm no hardcore Halo fan by any means. I got this game for the Free Games with Gold program that Microsoft has been doing. The single player is good but the locations are honestly a bit boring and the enemies have extreme pinpoint accuracy, which makes it feel cheap as f**k at times. But the second I got into a Lone Wolf matchmaking lobby (Free For All) I was blown away and I can't believe I was missing out on it for so long. I never had a frustrating moment in it and the maps were the best out of the ones I played.

5. Assassin's Creed II

I've always been a huge fan of Assassin's Creed franchise. When I bought Assassin's Creed II, I was really interested in the story and the character of Ezio Auditore. The sound design is very solid with music that feels like the Rennasaince (spelling?), the voice acting is great, and the weapons sound awesome. The only problem comes in with the clunky stealth mechanics that don't really make much sense to me but it's a must own nonetheless.

4. Batman: Arkham City

Right before getting this game for Christmas in 2011 I popped in Batman: Arkham Asylum to run through it again to get back in the game (pun intended). Batman: Arkham City expanded on everything that made Arkham Asylum great, it improves on the predator rooms and combat. The visuals are very sexy and the voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard. The game does a fantastic job of making you feel like Batman with all your gadgets and gizmos to upgrade and make Batman more badass. This game is a must own for Batman fans, and even if you aren't a fan of Batman, I think this game is still worth checking out.

3. Red Dead Redemption

I've always been a fan of the old west. The setting has a,ways interested me a lot more than the modern city, so I definitely had extra motivation to play through this game. I was blown away by a very engaging and thematic story, interesting characters, great and intense gameplay, and a damn satisfying resolution. The game nails the old west with its music, the way characters dress and talk, what type of weapons are there, and the "rules" and customs of the old west. There's also a fully fleshed out and fun multiplayer. This isn't some tacked on feature, it's an interesting concept. It feels like an MMO. Overall, this game has outstanding value and is worth every penny of its full retail price purchase.

2. Dark Souls

Prepare to die! The game Dark Souls has a reputation of being a hardcore RPG. The boss fights are difficult, but if you persevere, the satisfaction you get from landing the killing blow on them is so great. It never gets old. The only thing that holds this game back is the small world. But other than that, there's not a lot to dislike here. While I can't recommend this game to everyone, as it is immensely frustrating at times, I do believe this is the PERFECT game for you if you love a good challenge.

1. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While the combat in Skyrim isn't as tough or intense as Dark Souls, it does a damn good job of immersing you in the mythos. The stories the game has to tell are all interesting, unique, and thematic. There is so much to do here it's insane. Every time you pop the disc in, you'll discover something new. When you play this game, you won't want to do anything else for weeks. A must own for any and all gamers.

Most recent completion -
Velvet Assassin

Last edited by Slaughter.; 01-10-2014 at 04:35 AM.