View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #32
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge88isfun View Post
Yeah but that kinda gets lost behind all the other points I made lol.
If it wasn't one of the best dialogue pieces in the game, I'd fully agree. That doesn't take away he's a magnificent character. It was very smart for Rockstar to do the 3 Protag approach and use two characters that are very similar to previous characters and a complete new one. Even though due to the choice factor, it's Franklins story about wanting to make "something of himself", they manage to even it out as a 3 part story with each character. Michaels family fall and rise, Franklin trying to leave the thug life for a more successful run and Trevor trying to tie loose ends with Michael and their past. Not overly complicated but still a big set of strings for a project that played out more than acceptably.

I feel, though, this is going to be one of those Lightning Strike games in that we're never going to see something this promising for a while. However, Red Dead's story AND (Marstons) ending, which is probably the best to date, set a new bar for characterization in a R* game and story-telling.

Maybe GTA6 or the next sub-iteration won't be as fulfilling but I think they're onto something with the direction GTAV's campaign went.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote