Kinect Labs Not Loading Solution

IEvil IMonkey

:woop: After all the trouble of this not loading up for people I found a solution on a forum which worked straight away for me and others on that forum...

Basically turn on ALL the kinect options via the dash settings section :woop:

My Mic and Voice options were OFF and as soon as I turned them ON and loaded labs again it fired straight up... hope this helps others now :Bounce:

It just takes a minute to load up because it is gathering data from your console pertaining to your kinect setting.

This is the fix for people who tried loading labs only for it to crash after the kinect launch screens and kick you back to the dashboard!

I found this fix after I downloaded and deleted the LABS APP about 5 times as it never loaded...

Turning on these settings means the APP should now go to the LABS HUB AREA without crashing back to dashboard :Bounce:

This is the fix for people who tried loading labs only for it to crash after the kinect launch screens and kick you back to the dashboard!

I found this fix after I downloaded and deleted the LABS APP about 5 times as it never loaded...

Turning on these settings means the APP should now go to the LABS HUB AREA without crashing back to dashboard :Bounce:

NIce find, you should also post this in the Kinect Fun Labs Forums rather that just Kinect ME

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so i downloaded fun labs today and found out that after the title update it freezes at the blue sky screen. i was able to play googly eyes and kinect me after deleting the title update (2 out of 6 lab apps solved). i even found out that you can play them online still by only signing into live after you start the app. it will request an update for googly eyes or kinect me specifically and just reset that app so you don't have to go back to the blue screen. to get avatar kinect and sparkler to work it was as simple as launching them from the quick launch. (4 out of 6 minus 240 ms points for sparkler) now people have been saying that you can run bobble head and build a buddy from quick launch as well, but i don't have those games listed. from what i understand you have to run kinect labs while online and it will retrieve them, but the title update now prevents that. so for the people that missed the boat with the bobbles and buddies, my solution would be to copy the files from content/0000000000000000/58480813/00000002 (for bobble head) and content/0000000000000000/58480812/00000002 (for build a buddy). but someone else who already has these games would need to provide the files... any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

kinect fun labs is crashing on me now and didn't before since I was playing kinect me on it about a month and a half ago. It freezes at the sky screen for me to now and I can't even exit out of it it's like the whole system freezes and I have to turn off my system and back on just to be able to get it work again.