Ubisoft overestimate MP player base

Hurricane Of 87

My mistake on the 4 that say it's problem, I hadn't exactly gone back through the thread to doublecheck and thus had forgotten the 1 that had posted once on the first page whom hasn't been involved in the conversation. Equally, it's now only 4 with you included: you, bbss (who acknowledged that he isn't exactly that experienced in order to make a good judgement), Skillet and Quid Squid.

More than 2 say that the scoring is fine. Myself, Verifyed Rasta, cjdavies, ViNyLek, Scnew so it would appear your maths is as bad as mine.

3 people to 5. That sir, is not a majority.

I missed Verified Rastsa. cjdavies has never played this game, he is getting it for Christmas and while he has said that he has played other AC games I have found that the multiplayer has moved to more rush type players than actually taking the time for the good bonuses. ViNyLek clearly stated that he has games all the time(I believe it was 1 in 5) that he gets beaten by rushers but he moves past it. This neither a good or a bad thing so I didn't include him. Unless he comes back on and confirms either way.

So that is three that say rushers barely impact the game if at all.

Myself, Skillet, bbss, Quid Squid and SHawk996 all think that rushers can and do ruin the game for many other people on a reliable basis.

Your numbers are right(unless I missed someone else) but they are in the wrong order.

As far as not saying that rushers don't impact you made it clear the with the score bonuses the way they are the only reason you should ever lose to rushers is because you didn't have a firm enough grasp of the game.

Everyone else who has argued the fact that with the scoring system it is possible to get many more kills than you and that the kill for the runners is not always 100 points. It depends on what they are doing while running after you such as jumping from a higher elevation to take you out. If you manage to get 4 kills at 600 that puts you at 2400 if they get 12 kills they can easily beat that score without trying very hard.

Edited by Lord Arkhan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone else who has argued the fact that with the scoring system it is possible to get many more kills than you and that the kill for the runners is not always 100 points. It depends on what they are doing while running after you such as jumping from a higher elevation to take you out. If you manage to get 4 kills at 600 that puts you at 2400 if they get 12 kills they can easily beat that score without trying very hard.

Okay i'ma ignore everything else because that discussion was somewhat pointless and petty to focus on the bold bit:

That comparison of points for a rusher and someone who plays 'right' is all wrong in my opinion, because you don't just get points for kills, you get points for defending.

A rusher is not going to get a lot of defence points, because he is obvious. If you are being stealthy you are going to get defence points. Those defence points add up to more accolades which tends to result in yet more points from getting the varieties. 4 kills tends to work out at a minimum of 3000 points, but often above 4000.

A Lure and a Stun are worth a combined 300 points, that's 2 Reckless kills (not including other bonuses that are worth 50 points such as Poacher or Saved). A Hidden or Chase Breaker escape is worth 200 points I do believe (not too sure to be honest, I tend to stun pursuers).

I disagree, if you know what your doing you can easily dominate the runners. I've had many a game where other players would have 10~ kills and I beat them with 3 total kills. Kill streaks are amazing for getting points.

They are indeed, I spend the most time in a noob lobby getting stuns and ranking up the streak because they are running and revealing they are my purser.

All this talk about the MP, makes me want to go out and get the game and play the MP now. Must have patience and get it next month, but I do have Revelations and I have a 48 hour Gold card somewhere but want to make sure the server is ok to connect to the game first, not wasting a 48 hour card. Plus could do with the practice been a while, I think since May!

Edited by cjdavies

I'd say the biggest factor in the lack of people playing MP is the game's timing. I spent the first week it was out playing the campaign, and then Halo 4 came out and I've been playing it since. The MP in AC3 is pretty fun, but it'll never compete with a MP titan like Halo (and now Blops2).

If they had released earlier, or even a month or so after these other major MP titles, they'd have much better mp success imo. Because of the release date, I literally just got around to firing up mp today, and I love AC multiplayer.

Multiplayer is fine.

It just feels a bit awkward at first and there's a slight learning curve that pretty much demenads the player does the tutorials first.

Luckily for me I played plenty of the multiplayer on the previous game so the MP on this is nothing I'm struggling with.

Another vote for the MP being fine here.

Maybe a little late, but I hate MP as well. I play it solely to get the Achievements.

And I'm actually good at MP. In Brotherhood, I won over 50% of my matches. In Revelations, it was a little trickier, but I still won 21% of my matches. I have not played MP in 3 yet, but I'm not concerned.

I got most of my points on defense because runners are idiots and easy to stun. Heck, I got that Revelations Achievement for 3 stuns without dying through normal game play. I didn't need to boost it. That said, runners still win way too much because they are constantly stealing my kills.

And nothing pisses me off more than my target being a runner or one of those idiots who loves to stay on rooftops. Because while I'm stuck having to chase after those fools but still find some way to get more than 100 points, I get nailed by the stealth guy with poison for like 1500 points.

I do agree that they should award far fewer points for the base kill and far more points for the stealth and other bonuses. There is no way 3 open kills should equal 1 incognito kill when the later takes a lot more art.

In sum, MP still sucks.

Let's play a game some time. You constantly run, and I'll do what I do, and we'll see who wins.

Nah, because I'd be closing in for the kill, then you'd pop out of the bushes screaming "Snootch to the motherf$%&in' nootch!" and I'd die laughing. :)

Nah, because I'd be closing in for the kill, then you'd pop out of the bushes screaming "Snootch to the motherf$%&in' nootch!" and I'd die laughing. :)

... I kind of want to play with my headset on now (usually a bad idea in non-team games) just to yell that as I aerial assassinate someone.

... I kind of want to play with my headset on now (usually a bad idea in non-team games) just to yell that as I aerial assassinate someone.

I find it funny when people use headsets in Deatmatch, group of friends talking, and then one looking for me and then comes around the corner "There you are Davies" I then know they are my purser, I stun them and they are wondering how lol

Maybe a little late, but I hate MP as well. I play it solely to get the Achievements.

And I'm actually good at MP. In Brotherhood, I won over 50% of my matches. In Revelations, it was a little trickier, but I still won 21% of my matches. I have not played MP in 3 yet, but I'm not concerned.

I got most of my points on defense because runners are idiots and easy to stun. Heck, I got that Revelations Achievement for 3 stuns without dying through normal game play. I didn't need to boost it. That said, runners still win way too much because they are constantly stealing my kills.

And nothing pisses me off more than my target being a runner or one of those idiots who loves to stay on rooftops. Because while I'm stuck having to chase after those fools but still find some way to get more than 100 points, I get nailed by the stealth guy with poison for like 1500 points.

I do agree that they should award far fewer points for the base kill and far more points for the stealth and other bonuses. There is no way 3 open kills should equal 1 incognito kill when the later takes a lot more art.

In sum, MP still sucks.

Whoa! Steady on there.... 3 stuns in a row without boosting?! Christ, you must be good.

That was sarcasm, an seriously, if you think getting 3 stuns in a row is some kind of achievement you are in actual fact not very good at the multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...

MP is ok. Brotherhood to me was the best. Runners are frustrating, i play slow and sometimes go to the bathroom come back get 3 kills win match. My gripe comes from whos your target. if ur in 7th place u shouldnt be getiing 1st or 2nd place, you should get 5th or lower. Usually u get 1st place and they have 2-4 pursures hard to stealth kill that guy as hes running around avoiding people. So to me its hard to go from 7th 8th to the top. I average 4 kills a match and win 30% of the time. I dont try just happens. Stunning and Lures are the way to play kills just a good bonus. I also believe if ur pursuer shows up red arrow u should have the upper hand on the stun then after stun get a free kill for a mercy kill bonus of 100. :)

Whoa! Steady on there.... 3 stuns in a row without boosting?! Christ, you must be good.

That was sarcasm, an seriously, if you think getting 3 stuns in a row is some kind of achievement you are in actual fact not very good at the multiplayer.

Maybe for someone like you or I. My point was that someone who is good at multiplayer would have no trouble doing this. But I can't tell you the number of people I boosted with who could not get this achievement without boosting.