Achievement Guide

the_b1ues

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if its been posted, but, just to make things clear for some people. Once you go to the South Territory, it is possible to go back to the North Territory and get a few of the achievements.

"Wanderer" 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg - Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory

"Wages of Conflict" 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg - Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration

Notice, you CAN go back and get the diamond cases, but if you DID NOT do all of the Cellular Tower missions in the North Territory, then you are boned! I hope this helps anyone that was wondering.

Is Cellular Tower missions in the North Territory the only things i can miss?

Or is there anything else i should also do before leaving to the other place?

Just a couple things that I thought it might be useful to know:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/592/+CZsWQ==.jpgWages of Conflict 10

If you Have Collected all the diamond Cases, Completed all the tower missions, and are starting the final Subversion mission, under stats for Diamonds found you will have 870 (eight hundred and seventy)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/592/UPk4VgU=.jpgPlaying both sides... 20

and

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/592/UPjYrpY=.jpg...against the middle 20

Are Part of the Story line and are Unavoidable.

I dont understand the buddy rescue achievement, there are 3 locations for the buddies, bt where are they?

where is the slaughter house and the others?

a bit more detailed explanation would be nice.

The center north Map Contains 4 locations. Lumber, Slaughter house, fresh Fish , and cock fights. 1 of these locations will be the Base for the guy who saves you at the start (this is why there are 4 red diamonds, they represent the Diamond you find in the tutorial, which could be at any one of the 4 locations) The three other locations all Hold a buddy, One you rescue during the tutorial, the other two you have to find on your own. on the Middle north map section in the north just west of the nothern middle most safehouse is a crashed plane with 1 more buddy. I believe the other 2 just show up at mikes.

In the south there are 2 buddies to find 1 in the brewery (bottom middle map in small building to the ne of the area map) and 1 in Sediko (top middle map ne area of the area map - once in the building, you need to get up a ladder that looks like a wooden log) 2 buddies are within the first mission, one on the boat, 1 at the docs, and the last is given to you at the bar.

Is there no subvert mission for the last one in the north where you kill a faction leader?

My buddies never called me before I got there so I was wondering if I should save and keep playing or not......

There is no Subversion mission for the Faction leader kills.

If you look in stats you should see Buddy missions #/12 this is the number of Subversion missions you have done, and the total number of possible subversion missions (6 in the north, 6 in the south)

Quick Q:

A buddy of mine just died at the end of a mission, but I did successfully subvert the mission.

If you subverted the mission successfully (check in stats under buddy missions) then your buddies death doesnt matter at all and wont effect any achievements

I got one diamond left now, it's the one fairly southwest on the southwest part of the South map, right over the text for W-something Village, it's on a slight hill on a snipertower with a ladder laying on the ground right under. I can't get up there, any ideas?

There is a Hangglider in the Village to the south (marked as a vehicle on your map if you have scouted out vehicles). Make sure to kill everyone off first or they will shoot you down. (also if you miss the landing zone your hanglider can apparently be used as a ramp if you push it into position.

5. You can only do underground missions when you are close to running out of pills....you only get close to running out of pills when you do story related missions....so if you wanna get diamonds, tapes and other things not related to story dont worry....malaria wont bother you!!

This isn't true. I've been wandering around getting diamonds and just normal fighting and Malaria has been coming over me at random times.

As far as I know, your pill container CANT empty (though it is empty if you successfully flee the town at the start of the game), though I did the underground missions as soon as I could just incase, so maybe it does. hoever It will never become empty if you dont do main missions, I know that much for a fact :)

For the second time I missed the 'Cold Blooded' achievement... I'm sure that I subverted every mission I could! But in the end i still miss 1 buddy mission. :(

Someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong?

There are 6 to subvert in the south, 3 for each faction 5 of them involve getting a phone call after leaving the factions headquarters, the last one (the blowing up the pipeline mission) Involves getting a phone call After you pick up the dynomite. If your getting all those calls, maybe your not following the instructions your given properly...

If I had to guess I would say your problem would be the Destroy the radio station Subversion mission. There is a box in the way so you cant threaten the DJ and shooting the box to get rid of it just causes him to attack (and you buddy will call you and say they are going dark - IE you fail) I had to jump over the table and approach him from the other side to get the threaten to work.

That or its a glitch... check your stats, if you have 12/12 Buddy missions then you should have the achievement.

Edited by SpinelesS
typo

Does difficulty count for the achievements? Can all be done at easy??

Difficulty doesnt count, you can play the whole game on easy and get all the single player achievements, although when finishing a subversion mission and going to protect your buddy on easy your buddy is less likely to become wounded enough to give you the heal or mercy kill achievements.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the last mission in the North just before going to the lumber camp to meet the guy who tells you about the bar/church mission. I have 5 out of the 6 buddies and have gotten the one at the plane crash. I have no save before this mission. The slaughter house is the only place that I haven't rescued a buddy from but when I went there during this mission, the door was locked but there was no one inside when I opened it. Is it still possible for me to save this last guy, seen as this main mission runs all the way through to the south area without a break?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Can someone please tell me where i can find the Crashed Plane?

I have some other questions, hope that someone can answer those aswell :).

North Territory

Buddy 1. Story Related

Buddy 2. Mission 2 (Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House)

Buddy 3. Mission 8 UFFL Main Mission.

Buddy 4. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House

Buddy 5. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House

Buddy 6. Near the Crashed Plane at the top of the North Territory.

Q1: So i will find the first 3 buddies by just doing the main missions, and Buddy 6 at the crashed plane. For Buddy 4 and 5 i have to go to for example Lumber Yard and then i will find there a lot of enemies who i have to kill, and then i can rescue that buddy?

Q2: And when you have al those buddies at Mike's Bar, you can do side missions (or is it called Buddy Missions?) for them. But do you get a achievement for this of not?

Because at the guide i find this:

Some Extra Tips that might help.

1. Buddies go missing for no reason(story related)

2. Buddies can all live and all die it doesn't matter for the achievements as long as you once during the game find all of them, and of course subvert 12 missions 6 south 6 north

Q3: So it says i have to subvert 12 missions in total, but i do have to subvert al the main missions for the "Ruthless" and "Cold Blooded" achievement isn't it?

Q4: At the Statistics i can also find Buddy Missions: #/12 Does this means i have to go my best buddy @ Mike's Bar and do 6 missions for her in the North and 6 in the South? Or has this anything to do with subverting main missions, where in fact i complete missions aswell for my best buddy.

Q5: So the only things i need to be aware of before going to the South area is that i 1) Save all buddy's 2) Do al the Cellular tower missions and 3) Hit all weapon convoys?

So i can find the Save Houses, Audio Logs and Diamonds from the North when i am in the South?

Sorry for the many questions, but i hope that someone can help me please. I'm also sorry for my English.

Hey,

Can someone please tell me where i can find the Crashed Plane?

I have some other questions, hope that someone can answer those aswell :).

North Territory

Buddy 1. Story Related

Buddy 2. Mission 2 (Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House)

Buddy 3. Mission 8 UFFL Main Mission.

Buddy 4. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House

Buddy 5. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House

Buddy 6. Near the Crashed Plane at the top of the North Territory.

Q1: So i will find the first 3 buddies by just doing the main missions, and Buddy 6 at the crashed plane. For Buddy 4 and 5 i have to go to for example Lumber Yard and then i will find there a lot of enemies who i have to kill, and then i can rescue that buddy?

Q2: And when you have al those buddies at Mike's Bar, you can do side missions (or is it called Buddy Missions?) for them. But do you get a achievement for this of not?

Because at the guide i find this:

Some Extra Tips that might help.

1. Buddies go missing for no reason(story related)

2. Buddies can all live and all die it doesn't matter for the achievements as long as you once during the game find all of them, and of course subvert 12 missions 6 south 6 north

Q3: So it says i have to subvert 12 missions in total, but i do have to subvert al the main missions for the "Ruthless" and "Cold Blooded" achievement isn't it?

Q4: At the Statistics i can also find Buddy Missions: #/12 Does this means i have to go my best buddy @ Mike's Bar and do 6 missions for her in the North and 6 in the South? Or has this anything to do with subverting main missions, where in fact i complete missions aswell for my best buddy.

Q5: So the only things i need to be aware of before going to the South area is that i 1) Save all buddy's 2) Do al the Cellular tower missions and 3) Hit all weapon convoys?

So i can find the Save Houses, Audio Logs and Diamonds from the North when i am in the South?

Sorry for the many questions, but i hope that someone can help me please. I'm also sorry for my English.

I can help answer your first question. It really depends on the character you pick when you first start the game as to which buddy's you'll find throughout the missions and also those needing your help. To find the one located near the plane crash, look at the map below.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/jason_ingles/x360a/farcry2north-middle_edited.jpg

I hope that helps. I stumbled across her by accident while diamond hunting. She is near a campfire wounded. She'll tell you to get a first-aid kit from her backpack (one is located near her backpack). Once you've healed her, she'll say that you can find her at the clinic. Hope this helps.

I wish I could help more but I just recently started going back and playing the game myself. The additions to this guide need to be added to the main site and get things updated. The one currently on there isn't very helpful.

Edit:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/592/UPhybkU=.jpgPulitzer material 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Turn over all of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist

It might be helpful to note that there are actually 9 tapes in the North, one is automatically given to you. The numbering is a bit off and can mislead a few people causing confusion. This should be added to the guide for future reference.

North

1 00. Infamy

2 01. Smuggling

3 02. Circulation

4 03. Economics

5 04. Home

6 05. Rat-Catcher

7 06. Career Counseling

8 07. Stability

9 08. The Humanist

South

10 09. Stealing Boots

11 10. Gluten-Free

12 11. Necessary Evil

13 12. Lion's Share

14 13. Unrecognizable

15 14. Gutshot

16 15. No Sense

17 16. Numbers

Due to a patch that was released for the Save glitch in Far Cry 2, it causes the Jackal Tapes to not appear in the menu after you've collected Stealing Boots. Once you've collected all tapes in the North and then travel South, the only tape you will hear is 09. Stealing Boots. If you check under the Jackal Tapes section of the menu, you won't see any tapes past this point. Not to worry though! The game still keeps track of all the tapes you've collected. Make sure you mark the tapes off in the South as you collect them. Once you're sure you've collected all the tapes, either head to the Marina bar in the South or back to Mike's bar in the North. The journalist will be waiting for you at either location.

Edited by Ingles

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on the last mission in the North just before going to the lumber camp to meet the guy who tells you about the bar/church mission. I have 5 out of the 6 buddies and have gotten the one at the plane crash. I have no save before this mission. The slaughter house is the only place that I haven't rescued a buddy from but when I went there during this mission, the door was locked but there was no one inside when I opened it. Is it still possible for me to save this last guy, seen as this main mission runs all the way through to the south area without a break?

I don't think so! I think you can not add buddies AFTER you start this mission!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A question to experienced achievement hunters... I want to get all the points from Far Cry 2 and realise it could take a long time... considering how many players are on multiplayer, is it going to be particularly hard finding people to play with and to get the achievements?

Let's put it this way:

On the multiplayer you will find ranked matches being played but not many at the same time, teamstacking i.e - Mostly ppl over rank 15 on 1 side w/ mostly ppl under rank 10 on the other which translates as seasoned veterans w/ good guns & upgrades V greenhorns w/ suckage weapons & no upgrades.

If you're in the latter it's gonna be tough to get the all weapons upgrades achievement & level 30 achievement.

Another thing, some times when you play the host is a tool, he will sit there for 10 minutes before even starting a match when everyone wants to play. yeah you will probably spend more time in the lobby w/ ppl voting on constant team shuffling & map changing than actually playing the match.

Hosts that will ban you just because they can.

It's a real headache, your best bet is to get some ppl to boost w/ & start there, get your weapons upgraded like this then hit up ranked as you'll be on a level playing field w/ the high rankers once you have the accuracy & ammo upgrades on your most used weapons & well do the same on the weapons you'll never use as some weapons just plain suck.

BTW, finding a room w/ ppl that you wanna boost w/ is easy as pie.

P.S - If you want to boost, send a message to my account on xbox.com or whatever.

Thanks man, I've been searching everywhere for the following lines

There are 112 cases in the North Island

4 cases in the Desert

105 cases in South Island

and you saved me having to count up the lists in guides to get em :)

Plus, of course, the number of Jackal Tapes

North

1 00. Infamy

2 01. Smuggling

3 02. Circulation

4 03. Economics

5 04. Home

6 05. Rat-Catcher

7 06. Career Counseling

8 07. Stability

9 08. The Humanist

South

10 09. Stealing Boots

11 10. Gluten-Free

12 11. Necessary Evil

13 12. Lion's Share

14 13. Unrecognizable

15 14. Gutshot

16 15. No Sense

17 16. Numbers

These lists make it so easy to check how I'm doing towards the achievements before moving on with main missions!

You'd think there would be tons of simple checklists somewhere online wouldn't you!?! :p For those of us that didn't want a full walkthru but didn't want to miss any steps and have to replay for an achievement!

Thank you again :)

Let's put it this way:

On the multiplayer you will find ranked matches being played but not many at the same time, teamstacking i.e - Mostly ppl over rank 15 on 1 side w/ mostly ppl under rank 10 on the other which translates as seasoned veterans w/ good guns & upgrades V greenhorns w/ suckage weapons & no upgrades.

If you're in the latter it's gonna be tough to get the all weapons upgrades achievement & level 30 achievement.

Another thing, some times when you play the host is a tool, he will sit there for 10 minutes before even starting a match when everyone wants to play. yeah you will probably spend more time in the lobby w/ ppl voting on constant team shuffling & map changing than actually playing the match.

Hosts that will ban you just because they can.

It's a real headache, your best bet is to get some ppl to boost w/ & start there, get your weapons upgraded like this then hit up ranked as you'll be on a level playing field w/ the high rankers once you have the accuracy & ammo upgrades on your most used weapons & well do the same on the weapons you'll never use as some weapons just plain suck.

Yeah, that's my experience with the multiplayer, but despite the criticisms, I just can't let go of this game, I'm addicted. I'll go for the multiplayer achievements and just hope there will be people playing it long enough for me to get everything without having to wait 30 minutes for each match. Just sucks that so many hosts insist on getting 16 people in order to start.

• 1 month later...

i been playing online last couple days, i have noticed that teams are fairly evened out, (TD) it just allocates the next player that joins to the team a, then next person to team b and keeps doing that until both teams have same number of players.

it seems slow to gain points and i doubt ill keep at it to get to rank 30, im on rank 6, (and was up to half way through rank 4 when i originally stopped playing). and often the game ends as it says "server no longer available" or something similar.

but still quite enjoyable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so I'm out looking for the diamonds and I've come across one the is in the private property area on top of a garage or some small building and it will not let me open it so if anyone could help me with this if there is some special way to open this particular case.

• 3 weeks later...