Achievement Discussion

jgahagan

Looks a little more challenging in my opinion. Also more time consuming, having to deal out 10,000 damage for a variety of weapons. But then again, 10,000 might not be as much as it sounds if you're dealing out a few hundred to kill someone.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is an "unarmed weapon"? I mean they have energy weapons, guns, explosives, melee weapons, etc. But this is another category we need to deal out 10,000 damage points for. I'm unclear what they are.

Yeah dude thats provided you are playing on hardcore. Umm... Unarmed weapon is i think your fists or something like that...i just installed it and am about to play will let you kno when i find out.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not.^^

Imagine having to play through the game at least 4+ times siding with different groups!

Can't imagine you can make this choice close to the end of the game...

Otherwise it could as another extreme be related to quests allowing you to either wipe out or side with a group both times receiving the same Achievement... which would be rather easy.

ugh dude thats why you save it when you are at the point when you choose, and just work on the different sides, if done like a fallout champ it shouldnt be too difficult

I don't care how long 100% this game DLC included.... it will be done!!!! :D

exactly my thoughts. and yeah I'm not looking forward to 10,000 damage with my fists, I didn't kill one thing in FO3 with unarmed weapons. Im just hoping a kill is 100 damage so you only have to kill 100 'things' to get it.

My favorite change from Fallout 3 is that they took away / condensed the 9 achievements in which you had to reach the same level with 3 different karma ratings (good/bad/neutral).

Because of those achievements, you were basically required to keep a good karma all the time, because it was easiest to go from good to neutral to bad quickly by killing NPCs at the time of leveling up.

Now, since they took karma out of the picture for achievements, you can be just as good or as bad as you want to be.

I hate when game achievements force you to play a certain moral way, then play the other way to get another achievement. I want to enjoy the game making moral choices how I want, not how the developers want me to.

The game was well-worth two full play-throughs; the only useless ones were the "Neutral" ones IMO.

Since this game is more or less a huge expansion for Fallout 3, I'm seriously glad they included Hardcore mode. It makes sense, since Obsidian consists of many of the ORIGINAL Fallout developers, so they're including some of the original "survival"-type gameplay as an option... ...giving a hefty cheevo as a reward for playing "old-skool-style".

Heh, in the first game, the only unarmed weapons were the brass and spiked knuckles, IIRC. Power gloves were in the energy weapons category. Fallout 2 had an excellent side-game/quest sequence similar to an arena series, where you had to basically train and box your way to a title. I'm hoping they have something like that here too.

...but MOST importantly, let's hope that none of the snow-globes are made unavailable by site-destroying quests!!! (I'm looking at you, Raven Rock base and Sheriff's house...) I don't like having a guide in-hand while I play RPGs; I'd rather go back to a late save and pick up missed collection quest items.

I'm so glad this doesn't have karma requirements tied in with the leveling achievements (or any karma achievements, at all), as well as "Complete Game on xxx Difficulty"!

Yeah, you have to do Hardcore for 100G, but I was planning to do Hardcore Normal, anyway. Now that I hear XP is the same across all difficulties, I might as well just do Hardcore Very Easy.

The list doesn't look too daunting; only thing which threw me were all the 10K related chevos...some kinda OCD issue the achievement developers had with that number. I'm hoping that won't require too much grinding above and beyond what the game requires (such as the 'genocide' type achievements of recent action/horror games).

I guess using shooters for tougher armed enemies and switching to melee for things like rats, roaches, voles, wolves etc. as you go along would be a good idea.

Will the hardcore mode on FNV be as difficult as the Hard difficulty on Oblivion ?

If so it will be a pain to get all the achievs'...:(

Hardcore is not related to difficulty. It's actually fun - all those food and drink items, doctors and everything else that you might not even bother using in original F3 become important. Stimpacks healing over time may make combat a tiny bit harder, but so far I did not notice any complications with that

Hardcore is not related to difficulty. It's actually fun - all those food and drink items, doctors and everything else that you might not even bother using in original F3 become important. Stimpacks healing over time may make combat a tiny bit harder, but so far I did not notice any complications with that

I practically played Fallout 3 like it was Hardcore mode anyway so I'm looking forward to the challenge, I might be in for a shock though! I just hope there's a crap-tonne of Stealth Boys laying about!

Is there a guide for the Globetrotter achievement? I had 4 globes, and sold them to Mr. House 2k caps each. Another 6000 caps would be nice to have ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266985

Just in case, someone else needs it (:

Edited by KriugerisLT

Are all the mission achievements mission based? I've been doin alot of the side missions and haven't recieved any achievements and i'm used to Fallout 3 where every mission no matter side or main was an achievement.

Does it even pay to do the side quests, being that they're not worth anything?

And also, just to clarify, if your playing Hardcore, does the difficulty reflect upon it? Like Is Hardcore "very easy" such a thing?

I did a rush play through with hardcore mode on, finished the game, but didn't get the achievement. :(

I did somehow skip/bypass some of the main quests though.

What difficult setting were you on? You made sure to have hardcore on before you left the Doc's house right? I haven't tried it out myself but perhaps you do need to complete every mission? But at the same time I dunno why, I got The went that away achievement just by walking into the Vegas strip so perhaps it's a different factor?

This game even on easy is harder than FO3 on Hard mode.

You shoot baddies and they don't go down.

Even with armor piercing ammo.

They need to patch this stuff immediately!!!! :mad:

Are you guys really having difficult with the combat? Sheesh I was hoping that the DLC's would've been harder. Albeit I am playing on Normal but I like to play on normal. I completely obliterate everything I see. The only enemy that gave me any trouble (even when I was a lower level) were the deathclaws.

How do you unlock the quest "How could you even care"? It may not be that exact name but something close to it. It has something to do with the brotherhood of steel because every time i blow that place up it says quest failed??

I believe that has to do with Veronica, while your traveling with her during these missions she will say she feels she needs to go home and try and sort stuff out and then the quest will activate

For those of you that played Fallout 3 you will remember the prewar books were worth XP points when you turned them in to a certain character as was the scrap metal.

Does the same hold true for New Vegas? I'm only about 2 hrs into the game and find this stuff everywhere so I'm collecting and putting them away with the hopes that they are worth XP/caps down the road.

OK i found out the real names of the quests im failing when I do this.

"Eyesight to the blind" and "I could make you care"

Is that one still a veronica quest because i have her as a companion but she didn't give me any quest???:mad:

Will failing these quests prohibit me from getting any achievements because if they dont I'M NOT DOING THEM! haha