Gun VS Red Dead Redemption

mortug

• 3 weeks later...

mortug,

Comparing a game that is 5years old to a new game then coming to the conclusion that the new game is better is STUPID!!!.

Thats like comparing fifa05 to fifa10 and saying o look FIFA10 is well better!!! as its got better graphics and more teams...

End of the day RDR took so much out of GUN that its laughable, If GUN got remade now RDR would be dead

Edited by M!ke

• 3 weeks later...

RDR is an easy win, Graphics are better, Storyline is better and Longer, Free roam is an actual aspect of the Game as in Gun it isnt, Multiplayer wins, Everything is generally better, but you could expect this from a game which has been released in 2010

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
mortug,

Comparing a game that is 5years old to a new game then coming to the conclusion that the new game is better is STUPID!!!.

Thats like comparing fifa05 to fifa10 and saying o look FIFA10 is well better!!! as its got better graphics and more teams...

End of the day RDR took so much out of GUN that its laughable, If GUN got remade now RDR would be dead

well said!!

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with saying that comparing an older game to a newer game is retarded/stupid/<insert random insult> as they are obviously in the same genre. I see it as a completely legitimate comparision, and bashing on OP because he wants a discussion on the topic is, in my opinion, an act of meaningless schoolyard bullying.

I haven't really played RDR, though I did play Gun and loved every single second of it. From what I've read of RDR, and seen while friends plays it, it should easily emerge on top in most comparisions. While in this matter as a whole new equals better, that does not automatically apply to every aspect of the game. It's quite possible OP wanted a debate of which aspects were better in GUN contra RDR.

Just my 2 cents..

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

They both might be the same kind of game in a way but IMHO the age gap shows when comparing them. I wouldn't say Gun was a bad game, it just wasn't a great game either and in comparison RDR is just better. RDR just has way more content, freedom, features as well as higher fidelity graphics and full multiplayer modes. That said I'm not really keen on either game.

I have the first Call of Juarez and when it came out, I thought it was very unique and have kept it. And I had CoJ: BiB and thought it should have been co-op but I didn't keep it long.

As for RDR, it's an amazing game in story and graphics. BUT...they lost me when they added zombies to it and I passed on that DLC. Still the main game ISPs worth the cost.

Gun...never played it. Never wanted to.

Gun...never played it. Never wanted to.

You're missing out on a great game then.

Both Red Dead Redemption and Gun were great western games, but of course Red Dead Redemption is better since alot more time and effort was put into it, not to mention Gun is 5 years older. If you really want to make comparisons, compare Gun to Redemption's predecessor, Red Dead Revolver, and see which one is better. That would be Gun by 1000 miles by the way ;).