Exploding squigs are ridiculous

How do you get rushed by them if you know the sound? They're not extremely fast, unless they just drop down literally on top of you, you should(if you heard them) have time to switch your strategy up to running away instead of running and gunning.

It just seems like there are far worthier enemies to be bent out of shape about.

Yeah the only think I die from is these guys although my problem is not as severe as yours. If you don't listen to actual gameplay, like me :D (Death metal FTW?) then just make sure you know what enemies are where and move around a lot. It doesn't hurt to keep a fury in the pocket, the invincibility and health recharge is always good and you shouldn't really use it for anything else in harder difficulties at least.

Pretty tough to die while in Fury mode unless you activate it when you're almost dead anyways.

I only use Fury for 3 things.

To kill a real powerful enemy.

To heal myself.

Emergency crowd clearing.

I normally don't have to use Fury too often though. As long as you take a good mix of weapons you can handle anything the game throws at you.

• 5 weeks later...

Even right next to you, you should be able to withstand at least 1 squig. Rolling away can reduce damage since the attack is based on proximity to the squig.

In the campaign, use your grenades since you get a large stock of them. In the exterminatus, listen for their growling and turn around to sweep your surroundings every 20 seconds or so if you're in a section of the map that can be flanked.

And yet you'll never beat Chaos Exterminatus with just assault types.

It means that you have to be more aware. Squigs are the death of those who lack battlefield awareness, they kill those with tunnel vision. If you are being killed by squigs, then you need to start becoming more aware of your surroundings.

Still a matter of lacking situational awareness. You should always be looking behind you every few moments when you know squigs are involved, it should be an automatic procedure. Even when there are enemies directly in front of you, if they aren't immediately endangering your life you still have time to shoot a look behind you when you know squigs are in the wave.

Edited by Miles Prower F6

• 3 weeks later...

Amen. :mad:

A fellow can kills nobs in handfuls while paying attention to their girfriend once he learns how. :uzi: Nothing will save him from squigs. :(

I usually go tactical for the melta-dive, and when the squigs show up so thick that I can't blast 'em with plasma gun/bolt pistol I open a melta hole and run-roll-run-roll-etc. in laps around the arena until the squigs have passed. This sometimes even works to preserve my life... :confused: