BF3 AM Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Xenolith666

The in-game description for the scanning bolt assignment appears to be misleading. One of the requirements is 'one designated assist', but the requirement seems to actually be 100 points from designated assists.

I got a designated assist for 70 points, it didn't complete the requirement but the progress bar for the assignment went up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is this impossible with randoms? I can sit there in my SOFLAM designating targets all day long, but no sod ever uses guided weaponry to take em out. Reminds me of that achievement on Brink where you have to spot a mine for a teammate to disarm. Just doesn't bloody happen.

If you have Armored Kill go play Tank Superiority on any of the maps and set up a SOFLAM near-ish to the flag and just keep using the SOFLAM on the tanks and eventually one of your teammates will kill the tank. Plus, you can go for the ten designations also.

Edit: Also, ten hours is kind of the high end for completion in my opinion.

I went to Scavenger and ran around just picking up weapons [sorry people. Took me two matches].

Extreme Hoarder unlocked

Then I went for Handyman. I ran around with the sniper first to knock out the scan bolt and the long range bolt + xbox scoped, then got the explosive bolt since I had got five grenade kills while playing Recon. Then I used Assault so I could get the underslug grenade kills + headshot distance for xbox scoped. Then I finished up the explosive bolt by getting five C4 kills. Then spent a match getting the headshot distance for carbines [this could take longer. I managed to get about 15 headshots this game]. Also got Pocket full of death during this playing TDM Nosharh Canals.

Handyman/Pocket full of death unlocked

Went after Bite your finger next. Had problems with it unlocking for me. This took me about 15 minutes to get because I kept joining different servers trying to get it to unlock.

Bite your finger unlocked

I got lucky for Home made javelin but did it twice in the same game.

Went to Op. Firestorm for this one. Got lucky because there was a transport Heli sitting on top of one of the buildings so I climbed up the building and blew it up.

Second time there was a tank on the hill by there base. Was playing as Engi so I could use AT Mines. Placed two by the tank, shot the tank and blew it up.

Home made javelin unlocked

Took me about 3 - 5 hours playing two different days.

Edited by Dog Face

me to i unlock everything and no achievement any idea why??

did you get this sorted out Shadow? for Seven he had gone to bed, and when he got on BF3 the next day the achievement was all of a sudden there.

so as a possible fix, make sure all assignments are done correctly, otherwise, shut down the xbox and come back to it later. I never experienced a problem, and this is only the 2nd instance of this 'glitch' happening

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Battlefield 3 / DLC: Aftermath Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!