Controller Throwingly Hard

puressenceuk

Seriously this game is not for the casual or faint hearted gamer. Only on the third level and given up for the night after dying about 30 times in a row on the bit with the first walker and heat rays.

The difficulty is not helped by the god awful controls which are totally unforgiving - one pixel out on jumps and you're toast. The character has two speeds - walking at 0.01mph and running at 0.02mph.

I absolutely love the atmosphere generated by the game, and want to go further but right now I can't be bothered.:mad:

The controls arent that bad they just feel a bit clunky and constrictive maybe. The game is indeed hard and i have yet to get past the part in question. After already dying twice on the first level from those electric wires i can tell this game is going to be no breeze when it comes to beating the game in one sitting without dying.

I agree its stupidly hard what on earth were the producers thinking as most XBLA buyers want easy GS as well as a fun experience not to be constantly replaying the same section until by chance they can see the way forward.

10/10 for gfx/atmosphere its stunning & the best looking most atmospheric XBLA title to date but 3/10 for playability. 1/10 for achievements as most players will never ever even get 100GS let alone 200GS. 90GS for beating the game without dying once is beyond the reach of 99.9% of XBLA players its beyond stupid considering how many timing puzzles there are in this!

After 3 hours I have not got a single achievement either which is annoying me. Word will get out it will not sell well they need to patch it ASAP to include more checkpoints basically after every timing puzzle & reduce the achievements requirements to make them much easier.

I agree its stupidly hard what on earth were the producers thinking as most XBLA buyers want easy GS as well as a fun experience not to be constantly replaying the same section until by chance they can see the way forward.

10/10 for gfx/atmosphere its stunning & the best looking most atmospheric XBLA title to date but 3/10 for playability. 1/10 for achievements as most players will never ever even get 100GS let alone 200GS. 90GS for beating the game without dying once is beyond the reach of 99.9% of XBLA players its beyond stupid considering how many timing puzzles there are in this!

After 3 hours I have not got a single achievement either which is annoying me. Word will get out it will not sell well they need to patch it ASAP to include more checkpoints basically after every timing puzzle & reduce the achievements requirements to make them much easier.

lol I beg to differ, many buyers of Xbla buyers actually like the challenge that some bring.

At least these achievements, sound like achievements.

Granted I haven't tried the game, but putting it down because you wanted 200g in an hour is silly.

If you want that go buy Daytona.

lol I beg to differ, many buyers of Xbla buyers actually like the challenge that some bring.

At least these achievements, sound like achievements.

Granted I haven't tried the game, but putting it down because you wanted 200g in an hour is silly.

If you want that go buy Daytona.

I did not want an easy 200GS in an hour from this I wanted an achievement criteria which was doable without spending 100's of hours on this. They failed & even acknowledge this with the message are you the 1 in 148,000 gamers who will earn all achievements. Which is a pretty dumb statement to make in your just launched XBLA game as people do expect to be able to get most achvs on an 800MSP XBLA casual game.

There are plenty of arcade games where some of the achievements are very hard, and most players haven't got them.

If anything retail games are for the casuals, and xbla is for the hardcore.

I agree with you. This game is hard, but I welcome the challenge. I don't buy a game because I know I can complete it. I buy games I wanna play and if I can't get the full 200 or 1,000 that's fine. "Most" arcade games are for the hardcore gamer and this game is an example. How good of a gamer are you when you research how hard a games achievements are before playing it and if they are hard, you won't play it. That is not real gaming. Real gaming is playing for fun and getting achievements by trial and error. If I knew I could complete every game I owned, I wouldn't be gaming because there is no challenge in that.

Edited by Otis dRiftw0od

I agree with you. This game is hard, but I welcome the challenge. I don't buy a game because I know I can complete it. I buy games I wanna play and if I can't get the full 200 or 1,000 that's fine. "Most" arcade games are for the hardcore gamer and this game is an example, but people think they are good because they pre-read achievements and think to themselves "Can I get the full 200?" That's why completion percentage is nothing to me. How good are you when you research how hard a games achievements are before playing it? People are afraid of the achievements so they won't play it. That is not real gaming. Real gaming is playing for fun and getting achievements by trial and error. If I knew I could complete every game I owned, I wouldn't be gaming because there is no challenge that.

Absolutely, however I do like going for completion, and I do sometimes review a games achievements before purchasing, not because its difficulty would put me off, just so I have an idea how long I'll get out of the game. Or if its got online when the game will most likely be dead.

I look at achievements to before buying games, but if I see an achievement that will be difficult, I don't write off buying the game. Two complete the game without dying achievements and these people go ape sh**. Anymore, I think microsoft should just sell these kids achievement points without playing the games. That is essentially what they want anyway.

after having just completed the game i would have to say unless you can use the restart chapter option this achievement is impossible. theres a few select parts in particular that the timing needs to be so precise the margin on error is literally a fraction of a second. i honestly think they threw this achievement in to challenge some crazy loser with no life out there. however achievement aside the game was pretty fun, frusterating at times but with a little patience the checkpoints were enough to grant progression with enough tries. according to the leaderboards only 21 have had the patience to make it through the entire game at this time though

Well after finishing the game I think its very good its just the difficulty that makes it really annoying . Not sure how the developers could make it better.

Maybe add more checkpoints or somehow make it so there arent sections where a pixel out of place spells death for Arthur.

Beating the game with no deaths is beyond me though.

• 2 weeks later...