• Assassin's Creed III
    • I love them all.
    • I hate them all.
    • I've never played Assassin's Creed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are completely correct. But you and I are adults; we'll never be hip. So we might as well be honest. You don't think that I would have collected all those damn flags if I wasn't having fun, do you? I didn't mean to argue that the Assassin's Creed games are bad, just that they're maybe not the pinnacle of art and gaming that some make them out to be.

And you're not a bad person for liking them. I meant everything I said, but far be it from me to judge someone else because of their taste in entertainment. I'm just a little bit tired of people stumbling upon something better than the usual, and praising it too much because it's the best they've experienced. Remember The Matrix, and how everybody thought it was the most profound thing they'd ever experienced? That movie may as well have been titled "I Read a Philosophy Book Once." It seems to me that Assassin's Creed has a similar effect.

...Seiken Densetsu 4 was better though, by the way. It's old, obscure, AND Japanese. That's an unbeatable combination of hipness. So either way you have it, I win.

Because everyone knows that RPGs are totally comparable to action/platformers. ;)

There is something special with the first Assassins Creed. When I think about what was release during that time there was nothing like it, so it holds a special place in my gaming heart.

There is something special with the first Assassins Creed. When I think about what was release during that time there was nothing like it, so it holds a special place in my gaming heart.

There you go. That's exactly why I'll never say you're wrong for liking it.

I was just reading some old reviews of Seiken Densetsu 4, incidentally, and it's hardly a universally recognized masterpiece. The opinions vary wildly, but a few of the reviews really do bring up legitimate flaws that I can't ignore. Does that mean that it stops being my favorite game? No, of course not. But like you with Assassin's Creed, part of why I love it is rooted in my own, personal experience of it. I remember playing it in co-op with my then-girlfriend back in 2000 (now wife). Of course no other game can compete with that. Fable 3 isn't a good game, but I have incredibly fond memories of my wife playing it while confined to bed in anticipation of having our first baby.

And as for Assassin's Creed...that game, to me, was the first sign that the next generation of consoles had arrived. I have good memories of that game, too.

Edited by Fragarach Luin

I agree. Although I didn't get it at release, I played one and two back to back in late summer 2010. epic games at the time :D

Not to mention, after 10 billion flags, AC 2 was so much more relaxed.

I agree. Although I didn't get it at release, I played one and two back to back in late summer 2010. epic games at the time :D

Not to mention, after 10 billion flags, AC 2 was so much more relaxed.

AC1 was great but AC2 improved in every aspect. This is all subjective.

• Better story/protagonists
  • Better setting
  • More brutal combat/different weapons to use
  • Better soundtrack
  • Better cutscenes
  • Not repetitive
  • More side activities
  • More relaxed

AC1 was great but AC2 improved in every aspect. This is all subjective.

• Better story/protagonists
  • Better setting
  • More brutal combat/different weapons to use
  • Better soundtrack
  • Better cutscenes
  • Not repetitive
  • More side activities
  • More relaxed

I think a more accurate word would be "stronger" rather than "better."

Assassin's Creed 2 had a strong narrative, a beautiful and memorable setting, improved combat mechanics, and a good cast of characters. That's why it's a good game.

Brotherhood (although my favorite) and Revelations were essentially AC 2.1 and AC 2.2.

ACIII had an ambitious idea, but the ultimately failed to capture what could have been expected of them. A very strong cast...and that's about all it had. Without a doubt, the weakest narrative in an AC game, a forgettable soundtrack, little to no improvements in combat, and very repetitive missions and side quests.

ACIV looks like an "AC 3.1" which is sad. It has a new setting. That's about it.

I've only played the first two games in this series, and I found the first to be better than the second in every way. I didn't like the second game at all. I thought it was a huge step back graphically and I found the story and characters to be boring and uninteresting. I found the fistfight with the rival family near the beginning to be truly painful and the game didn't get any better IMO.

The first game was great and my only complaint is the absurd amount of flag collectibles.

I stopped after the second game because I have no interest in what i consider crappy, unnecessary multiplayer in fantastic single player franchises.

My favorite is Assassin's Creed 2 or Assassin's Creed: Revelations. What about you?

NOTE: This is a multiple choice poll so feel free to pick more than one! :)

I'm with you on this one. Big fan of the series although I thought 3 was disappointing. Looking forward to 4 I think it will be the first game I play on my shiny new X1!

AC1 was the only good AC game this generation. I did like the boats in AC3 but that's ALL I liked about that game.

Altair was cooler than Ezio and Connor combined and more interesting. The setting was much more appealing.

Heresy! Ezio was all personality, Altair was all stabby stabby and no inflection.

AC1 was the only good AC game this generation. I did like the boats in AC3 but that's ALL I liked about that game.

Altair was cooler than Ezio and Connor combined and more interesting. The setting was much more appealing.

Heresy! Ezio was all personality, Altair was all stabby stabby and no inflection.

I'm with Bloodring on this one. Ezio is 6 BILLION times a better character than Altair. His personality is unmatched between the three assassins.

I'm not a fan but I saw this on IGN and figured you folks could debate it.

The Top Six Assassin's Creed Games

Stopped watching when they rated AC 3 above the original Assassins Creed. I don't have to get into why....

That's exactly why I like him the best.

Yeah Altair was more Desmond then Ezio was. Still the story was amazing.