Mission 6 Campaign Glitch - Complete in 5-6 minutes Solo Legendary

LickableLemons7

I will never figure out how people manage to do stuff like this. Guess "Shutdown" will be the "Nightfall" of Halo 4.

Helpful to those struggling with their solo legendary playthrough. Be sure to check out some of Nak3dHalo's other campaign speedruns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uFKRjpD1Jg]Halo 4 Campaign - Glitching Shutdown on Legendary - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This video is golden. As much as I hate doing speedruns on my first run of the level on Solo Legendary...I must...do this.

Agreed. The gondola portions of my solo heroic playthrough were so frustrating. I had to do a bit of backtracking up and down the stuctures to look for a weapon that wasn't a Suppresor or Boltshot. Wasted so much time with this mission.

*Ahem* You misread my post.

I was speaking of how Bungie never patched the Nightfall skip, not that Bungie made Halo 4 and will or will not patch this one.

First of all, you said 'IS' Bungie, you didn't refer to them in the past tense. Second, if you were talking about before and not now, then that makes no sense at all. What does Bungie not patching something in the past have anything to do with 343 patching something in the future??

IDK hard to say. It may not even get patched because the Nightfall glitch never got patched and this IS Bungie we're talking about

Capped and bolded for your convenience.

Agreed. The gondola portions of my solo heroic playthrough were so frustrating. I had to do a bit of backtracking up and down the stuctures to look for a weapon that wasn't a Suppresor or Boltshot. Wasted so much time with this mission.

Same story here man :( I'm definitely doing to try this out tomorrow when I get home from work. I wanted to do Solo Legendary in order, but looks like I'll have to skip around now.

First of all, you said 'IS' Bungie, you didn't refer to them in the past tense. Second, if you were talking about before and not now, then that makes no sense at all. What does Bungie not patching something in the past have anything to do with 343 patching something in the future??

All I'm saying is if Bungie never bothered to patch something like the Nightfall skip, then why should 343 patch this one? Why would the creators of Halo not patch a skip in their game and 343 patch one in theirs.

Just seems highly unlikely to me that this would be patched considering Bungie's lack of patch.

IDK hard to say. It may not even get patched because the Nightfall glitch never got patched and this is Bungie we're talking about. :p

Uh, dude. He was referencing the fact that Bungie is known for being patch-happy and even they didn't patch Nightfall in Halo: Reach-- no where did he imply or insinuate that Bungie developed Halo 4.

I beat this game on Legendary and this was one of the hardest lvl's in the game for me, but I did it legit. I did use the banshie the same way this video did, but that's not as bad as skipping both towers.

I will admit there were a few times I got a way with running to a check point and sidestepping battles, but never as bad as this.

I am a little mad about this, but I will also admit if I found out about this while on the lvl I would have done it myself.

I am happy I ended up beating the game without glitches because it feels a lot more rewarding. Legendary was hard for me at parts of the game, so beating this game on Legendary has been one of the most rewarding video game experiences of my life.

PS

This is also the first time I played a Halo game on Legendary from the get go, without playing Heroic first.

Edited by bloodstainedwings

Whether or not this gets a patch is dependent upon how 343 output their code to content files. If files are exported "loose", then they COULD patch it (it would be relative to the number of files touched to correct it; probably an executable patch, if anything, but that's probably not something that they would be interested is messing with, post-launch), but if they are output in a large archive, they wouldn't be able to patch the SP, since, even a minor code change, would require the patch to be a download of the entire game; MS has a 5MB limit for TUs.

In all likelihood, they won't patch this.

Edited by XperimntNterror