Fan-Made Classic Map Pack

BiggD

What do you guys think? Although I would like to see fan-made Halo 2 and 3 maps, I personally thought Hang 'em High and Uncaged were neat.

Leave your thoughts below!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rlsVb0glE&feature=player_embedded]Halo 4 - Classic Map Pack 1 - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Whoever did this trailer made the maps seem more appealing than 343 did with the Crimson map pack trailer.

Kudos to them, A for effort. Ascension is looking mighty stellar. Hang 'em High is welcome too.

But Zealot and The Cage? Classics? Really? Bleh.

My ideal "throwback" map pack would include a few of the smaller maps.

-Heretic

-Warlock

-Ascension

-Backwash

-Sanctuary(I want to say this is small but I can't remember very well and I'm having trouble pulling this up on my phone at work)

And one more "large" map, but something akin to Death Island, Ice Fields, or Infinity from Combat Evolved PC. Relic would be welcome too, but that's from Halo 2.

Edited by LickableLemons7

What do you guys think?

I nearly jizzed at the pre-placed weapon spawns; something I sorely miss. It was nearly ruined when I noticed that they still had ordinance meters, though.

Although I would like to see fan-made Halo 2 and 3 maps, I personally thought Hang 'em High and Uncaged were neat.

While I wouldn't consider Uncaged a classic, I'll be hardpressed to say that it didn't look damn spectacular. It's probably due to it being a forge map to begin with, though.

My ideal "throwback" map pack would include a few of the smaller maps.

-Heretic

-Warlock

-Ascension

-Backwash

-Sanctuary(I want to say this is small but I can't remember very well and I'm having trouble pulling this up on my phone at work)

And one more "large" map, but something akin to Death Island, Ice Fields, or Infinity from Combat Evolved PC. Relic would be welcome too, but that's from Halo 2.

Doesn't have to be from CE to be a classic, friend. RELIC ALL THE WAY. I remember having to camp the bottom teleporter for those fools who thought they could sneak the flag off mah relic.

Also, Backwash scared the living jesus out of me when I was younger.

Doesn't have to be from CE to be a classic, friend.

Whoops! I should have typed that out better by pointing out my love for the PC exclusive Combat Evolved maps. I was ecstatic to see Ridgeline(Timberlands) make it into the Anniversary map pack for Reach.

When I mentioned Relic, I was just saying that it was a Halo 2 map, and distinguishing it from the CE PC maps for those who didn't know and bothered to look them up. But yeah. Relic kicks ass.

Agreed. I wouldn't bring back any of the on disc Reach maps personally. If you are going to bring over maps that were in Reach I'd say any from the Defiant and Anniversary map packs are fine.

Fo' sho'. Practically all the DLC maps for Reach were better than the on disc maps.

Whoever did this trailer made the maps seem more appealing than 343 did with the Crimson map pack trailer.

Kudos to them, A for effort. Ascension is looking mighty stellar. Hang 'em High is welcome too.

Yeah, the trailer was pretty good. I was impressed with Ascension too. But these seemed to focus around Halo Reach maps so maybe the creator will make Halo 2/3 map remakes sometime.

Never played Halo 2 on the PC unfortunately, but Warlock (one of the best), Terminal & Backwash would be perfect to remake.

I also liked the Hang 'em High remake in Halo 2 known as Tombstone. Sanctuary and Desolation were fun too.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30849970.jpg

Halo 2's MP maps were the fucking shit.

While I wouldn't consider Uncaged a classic, I'll be hardpressed to say that it didn't look damn spectacular. It's probably due to it being a forge map to begin with, though.

Also, Backwash scared the living jesus out of me when I was younger.

Not a classic at all, but they did a good job at re-creating it! That map was indeed frightening back in the day.

Agreed. I wouldn't bring back any of the on disc Reach maps personally. If you are going to bring over maps that were in Reach I'd say any from the Defiant and Anniversary map packs are fine.

Highlands from the Defiant Map Pack was one of the BEST Halo Reach maps I had played on. Oh man...that map was just awesome for CTF :D

As Lemons said, Timberlands was also such a great map in the Anniversary Pack.

Gotta love grassy, open field maps!

Edited by BiggD

Highlands from the Defiant Map Pack was one of the BEST Halo Reach maps I had played on. Oh man...that map was just awesome for CTF :D

As Lemons said, Timberlands was also such a great map in the Anniversary Pack.

Gotta love grassy, open field maps!

Agreed. Highlands is my favorite map in Reach. That is a great map! If there had been a Big Team playlist where the only maps were Highlands, Ridgeline, and Breakneck, I'd have played that whenever I got on Reach. (I'd be alright if High Noon was thrown in there as well)

If they bring back another large symmetrical map though, I'd really enjoy Halo 3's Avalanche (which I believe was a remake of CE's Sidewinder). Not too sure how the former would perform without the Hornet or Falcon, all things considered. Still can't believe there's no UNSC air vehicle in Halo 4; H3 and Reach spoiled me.

From HaloWiki: "Avalanche - A remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Sidewinder, but with features designed to speed up gameplay."

You stand correct. T'was a fun map. Imagine a Pelican Gunship to suit your UNSC air vehicle needs :p

Agreed. Highlands is my favorite map in Reach. That is a great map! If there had been a Big Team playlist where the only maps were Highlands, Ridgeline, and Breakneck, I'd have played that whenever I got on Reach. (I'd be alright if High Noon was thrown in there as well)

Of course it is! It's not too big, but it's still large enough to enjoy objective games. Breakneck has always been a fun map but I've never been able to pinpoint which playlist/gametype plays best on it.

Tempest from the Noble Map Pack was pretty solid too. And while we're at it, All 6 Mythic Maps for Halo 3 were sweet.

Anyone here remember the good ol' Legendary Map Pack on Halo 3? Ghost Town was fun as hell, Blackout was fun as hell, and Avalanche was...fun as hell too.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30849970.jpg

Definitely! I enjoyed playing just about every map from Halo to Halo 3. I wouldn't mind if every single one of those maps were remade. I enjoyed them that much! Also, the new features in Avalanche threw me off so much that I didn't properly recognize it being a Sidewinder remake. :p

Definitely! I enjoyed playing just about every map from Halo to Halo 3. I wouldn't mind if every single one of those maps were remade. I enjoyed them that much! Also, the new features in Avalanche threw me off so much that I didn't properly recognize it being a Sidewinder remake. :p

Yeah, I wasn't too sure myself until I checked on HaloWiki yesterday lol. But for real, all the maps in the first trilogy were great. If at least 10 of them were remade for use in future titles, I'd be one happy Halo fan.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure myself until I checked on HaloWiki yesterday lol. But for real, all the maps in the first trilogy were great. If at least 10 of them were remade for use in future titles, I'd be one happy Halo fan.

Screw 10, bring them all back, and bring them back now! ;P (That said, I never got to play Halo 2 online before it got shut down cause it never worked for some reason :S, but the maps weren't too bad)

Petition time anyone?

A playlist with some of the maps, maybe even cycling just 4 or 5 of the maps each week out of a random selection or chosen out of a weekly polling system on waypoint forums - to keep the playlist from getting too weighty with lots of maps - alongside random game modes would be better than most of the playlists we have just now :p

With people willing to make the maps (and from the video, exceptionally well), it couldn't be hard for them to get a good number of classic maps to make something like that happen at least.

A playlist with some of the maps, maybe even cycling just 4 or 5 of the maps each week out of a random selection or chosen out of a weekly polling system on waypoint forums - to keep the playlist from getting too weighty with lots of maps - alongside random game modes would be better than most of the playlists we have just now :p

With people willing to make the maps (and from the video, exceptionally well), it couldn't be hard for them to get a good number of classic maps to make something like that happen at least.

These look fantastic. What would be amazing (though it would never happen) is if someone made every previous Halo map, then in matchmaking you could select a Halo 1 or Halo 2 playlist and play only on those maps.

I'd love if someone were to remake all the classic maps and then 343 make a dedicated playlist for 'Classic Halo' with only these maps. Throw in some classic game modes, especially SWAT Oddball, 1 Flag, Neutral Bomb and some others, and so many fans would be pleased.

Anniversary rocked, I adore both head long and timberland (not sure the current forge maps are big enough to do either justice). Out of these its nice to see Ascension back again, always enjoyed it and pinnacle in reach.