Game of the Week: Feb.24-Mar.2 (Games with Gold)

Inebriated Jedi

Welcome to the Games With Gold Community Gaming event. This week we'll be playing two games that will be available to Gold members at no cost during the month of February (Dead Island and Toy Soldiers: Cold War). Dead Island is an action RPG set on the fictional island of Banoi, which holds an ugly secret. This once beautiful paradise is now infested with zombies and it's up to you and three other survivors to escape the island at all costs.

Our second game, Toy Soldiers: Cold War, is the sequel to the much lauded Toy Soldiers. It's a strategy game that pits the United States and the USSR against each other... in a toybox! Rally your troops and fight against one another in this unique, fun title from Signal Studios.

If you are interested in playing with XBA members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own XBA room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from XBA.

Edited by Grifter Reborn
Links

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if anyone noticed Dead Island was missing from the replay voting, but in case someone did: Yes I had removed it before posting the vote since it was selected for this month's Games with Gold.

In any case, I hope everyone enjoys our new Games with Gold event which will include the free multiplayer games from the current month as our last event each month. Did that make sense? I hope so... Going to go drink some more coffee now. :p

If anybody needs help with Dead Island (campaign or DLC), I'd be glad to help :drunk

I am pretty sure I have the DLC...I had the GOTY edition and can't remember if the DLC was on disc or if it was a DL code.

Anyways I'll have to look at what I am missing but would love to work on some achievements too.

I am pretty sure I have the DLC...I had the GOTY edition and can't remember if the DLC was on disc or if it was a DL code.

Anyways I'll have to look at what I am missing but would love to work on some achievements too.

I believe it was on the disc. Not a separate disc, but the actual game disc.

Sure, let me know what you need and let's do it :uzi:

I'm always up for some zombie kills ;)

So how is the MP in Dead Island? Is it the same story as in SP? I usually prefer to play through games in SP before playing them in online co-op, easier to keep track of the story then when its more up to oneself to determine the pacing of the game.

It's like Borderlands, pure co-op. So yes it's the same story, and I think it's more enjoyable to do it with friends.

It's like Borderlands, pure co-op. So yes it's the same story, and I think it's more enjoyable to do it with friends.

Hehe thanks for the response and I see your point of view, but to me it sounds more like a game I want to experience in SP first and then play some chaotic MP in :p But I think I'll have to make an exception now that it's the game of the week :)

So how is the MP in Dead Island? Is it the same story as in SP? I usually prefer to play through games in SP before playing them in online co-op, easier to keep track of the story then when its more up to oneself to determine the pacing of the game.

I'm with you obsolete. DI is fun coop, but, if your playing coop you have to play with people you know with the same mindset, otherwise they will run off and start things your not ready for. I'd play coop for fun, but I'd always try do it st least once in sp if your not playing with friends the whole way.

I'll be looking to play with you guys on both Dead Island and Toy Soldier up until Friday, because, well, we all know what comes out then in the UK!

What time emperor? I'll play both with you. Gimme a shout, cos I need to download them both, so give me some warning. Got full GS on both and the dlc, so I'll just do whatever you want.

I'm with you obsolete. DI is fun coop, but, if your playing coop you have to play with people you know with the same mindset, otherwise they will run off and start things your not ready for. I'd play coop for fun, but I'd always try do it st least once in sp if your not playing with friends the whole way.

Yea exactly :/ But coop is sure to be a blast, I just think I might enjoy this in SP aswell..

What time emperor? I'll play both with you. Gimme a shout, cos I need to download them both, so give me some warning. Got full GS on both and the dlc, so I'll just do whatever you want.

Awesome man. I just need the coop achievements for Toy Soldiers. I might pick up the DLC tomorrow afternoon and do that. It should be pretty quick. Hmmmm...

As for DI, if we can get a full team that would be great. Tomorrow night?

I was playing with Jard and had just finished the sewers last time we were on. I'm at 70/72 for the locations and I'm 99% certain the missing ones are in the jungle. Apart from that, the rest I need are all pretty simple.

But that's just me, I'll happily help anyone beat some zombz around!