• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Drift

1) Free Play

2) Quick Race

3) Shelby Cobra 427

4) Benchmark Test Track Speedway (1st track listed)

5) Race Difficulty - set it up like this;

ABS OFF

Steering Normal

Stability OFF

Traction OFF

Shifting AUTO

Suggested line OFF

Rewind ON

Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

Edited by Matt36

Awesome Drift

1) Free Play

2) Quick Race

3) Shelby Cobra 427

ABS OFF

Steering Normal

Stability OFF

Traction OFF

Shifting AUTO

Suggested line OFF

Rewind ON

Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

Thanks for this, it got me the achievement! Took me a few tries but I managed in the end :)

Awesome Drift

1) Free Play

2) Quick Race

3) Shelby Cobra 427

ABS OFF

Steering Normal

Stability OFF

Traction OFF

Shifting AUTO

Suggested line OFF

Rewind ON

Opponent EASY

Thanks man! Got it first try :)

Anyone else thinks it garbage that in order to 1k this game u need kinect and fora 3?

Nope, nobody in the whole wide world has a problem with these achievements but you.

At least, that's what I determined after doing no research whatsoever on the question. 5 seconds of looking at earlier posts in this thread just might prove me wrong, but, like you, I can't be bothered to look either.

Awesome Drift

1) Free Play

2) Quick Race

3) Shelby Cobra 427

ABS OFF

Steering Normal

Stability OFF

Traction OFF

Shifting AUTO

Suggested line OFF

Rewind ON

Opponent EASY

noob way to drift u need to use manual

noob way to drift u need to use manual

Calling someone a noob because of how they play doesn't make you cool. Worry about how you play and let everyone else do what they want.

I've seen dozens of people post that they got the achievement using those settings, which is a hell of a lot more than your post can claim.

No, you can only get them from FM3 import, by winning a contest of being part of a multiplayer session with the devs, or by winning a Turn 10 auction.

Or being part of the pre-order thing, but if you haven't already signed up for that it's too late.

Ok cheers, but why have Turn 10 not put any cars up in the auction house right now? I'm looking at the unicorn tab and it's empty..

Ok cheers, but why have Turn 10 not put any cars up in the auction house right now? I'm looking at the unicorn tab and it's empty..

I'd guess it's because of the issue where tons of people are randomly being given near-as-makes-no-difference a billion credits in the game. They'll probably start up the unicorn auctions once they figure out why so many people are being given free money and reset those people to what they had before.

The affinity achievement is ruining this game. I want to get all achievements without boosting any of them ie I will not hire a driver and would prefer not to boost the affinity achievement. But to play efficiently for the affinity achievement I need to drive a single make wherever possible.

The achievements are round the wrong way in my opinion. Make me go to driver level 150, 200 or even 250 I could not care but let me drive whatever car I want.

A better affinity achievement would be to get 5 manufacturers to level 25.

And yes I know I have the option to use dodgy methods to get the affinity achievement but I want to play this game to enjoy it and in my opinion achievements should be designed for enjoyment. I could not care how long they are.

My only other option I guess is to lengthen the process by driving what I like and worry about affinity after having enjoyed bucket list but the end part will be a grind.

I would have even preferred bucket list to take 200+ hours and affinity 100 hours.

The affinity achievement is ruining this game. I want to get all achievements without boosting any of them ie I will not hire a driver and would prefer not to boost the affinity achievement. But to play efficiently for the affinity achievement I need to drive a single make wherever possible.

The achievements are round the wrong way in my opinion. Make me go to driver level 150, 200 or even 250 I could not care but let me drive whatever car I want.

I agree, in fact i am going to stop going for the achievements. They may come in time but i feel like i am cheating myself from not using all the different cars by constantly racing Ferrari's.

With Forza 3 it was fun to experiement with different cars and I was saving a stockpile of money to buy all the Ferrari's but there are other cars i want to buy and race, so i have decided to enjoy the game and if i never obtain the affinity achievement, then so be it.