15/15 Daedric Artifacts no Achievement?

Aqua18

I have every one didn't miss a single one! I paid very close attention to all the guides out there the only thing I can think of would be the wolf quest theres an X next to join the hunt? I have the ring not the armor is there a way to go back and get the armor as well? Any other tips I DO NOT WANT TO RESTART this achievement anyone please help!

Edited by Aqua18

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have every one didn't miss a single one! I paid very close attention to all the guides out there the only thing I can think of would be the wolf quest theres an X next to join the hunt? I have the ring not the armor is there a way to go back and get the armor as well? Any other tips I DO NOT WANT TO RESTART this achievement anyone please help!

Can't you go and complete the hunt?

The only things I can think of are:-

1. Gather up all 15 items to make sure. (I have the 10 I have so far in a seperate chest)

2. Remember that the Skeleton Key does no count.

3. Check your Quest stats on the pause menu and check that it reads " Daedric Quests Completed .......15)

I believe that the achievement triggers upon this stat hitting 15 quests complete and not once 15 artifacts have been found.

4. Check if you used an exploit to recieve two artifacts from one quest as this may only count as one. (e.g. Savior's Hide + Ring of Hircine)

Hope this has helped.

NOTE:

This is a list of all 15 Daedric Quests and their rewards so read it through and compare the artifacts there to those in your inventory and then read over the quests and try to remember those you have done and if any of them seem new then try and initiate them and if you have no luck you may have already completed the quest but forgot. Good luck I hope your achievement is not bugged.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric

Edited by adz5000

Having read your post after your edit it seems that your "Ill Met By Moonlight" Quest may be flagged as "incomplete" and not add to your Daedric Quest stat.

So as I said in my previous post I would check your stat for Daedric Quest completion and if it is below 15 I would bet it is that quest.

The only remedy then is to search through your saves for the closest save you have prior to starting this quest and collect them all from there. I know this is hardly ideal but it is much better than starting a whole new game from scratch.

Good luck.

Having read your post after your edit it seems that your "Ill Met By Moonlight" Quest may be flagged as "incomplete" and not add to your Daedric Quest stat.

So as I said in my previous post I would check your stat for Daedric Quest completion and if it is below 15 I would bet it is that quest.

The only remedy then is to search through your saves for the closest save you have prior to starting this quest and collect them all from there. I know this is hardly ideal but it is much better than starting a whole new game from scratch.

Good luck.

WOW DID I LUCK OUT! Thanks so much for this post! I went back to that place killed the wearwolf and skinned him got rid of the ring and got the armor and achievement unlocked thank Jesus I dont have to start the game over! 1000G Unlocked!

WOW DID I LUCK OUT! Thanks so much for this post! I went back to that place killed the wearwolf and skinned him got rid of the ring and got the armor and achievement unlocked thank Jesus I dont have to start the game over! 1000G Unlocked!

Always good to help out on here.

Now that I know Skyrim better I hope to get back into helping out more on here.

Do you have to hold on to these items or just finish the quests?

Just finish the quests and get the items. So long as you had the item in your possession at some point it will count - so feel free to sell/disenchant etc :)

I can only confirm that it's the items that count, not completed Daedric quests :-)

My last Daedric quest was The Mind of Madness and without spoiling very much, I'll just say that you get Wabbajack quite early. At that time I had acquired 15 Daedric artifacts but completed 14 quests and the achievement popped up right away upon receiving Wabbajack ;-)

Hmm, doesn't the Achievement read "Collect 15..."? I would think if you sell/disenchant [you can disenchant daedric artifacts???] them then they won't be in your collection.

I also have a red X by Join the Hunt in Ill Met By Moonlight, and did not kill Sinding, I need to go back and try that!

by adz5000: I believe that the achievement triggers upon this stat hitting 15 quests complete and not once 15 artifacts have been found.

Incorrect, I have 15 quests completed but foolishly destroyed the Skull of Corruption in favor of finding my first Follower to sacrifice to Boethiah. I was misled by another site claiming there were 19 daedric artifacts, didn't think missing one would hurt. My bad for not studying the Achievo Guide here :(

EDIT: After reading the following quote, I also went back to Bloated man's Grotto and tried this. It worked! I did not give up the Ring of Hircine though, as I did not have it in my inventory, thus making my artifact count = 15! YAY!

by Aqua18: WOW DID I LUCK OUT! Thanks so much for this post! I went back to that place killed the wearwolf and skinned him got rid of the ring and got the armor and achievement unlocked thank Jesus I dont have to start the game over! 1000G Unlocked!
Edited by JimL2112

Hmm, doesn't the Achievement read "Collect 15..."? I would think if you sell/disenchant [you can disenchant daedric artifacts???] them then they won't be in your collection.

You would think so yes, is not the case though, else getting the Oghma Infinium would be totally pointless considering once you've read it it's removed from your inventory.

• 5 months later...

I have 15/15 artifacts in the settings menu

I went back over a previous save game and redid the hircine one, and also the whispering lady and the cursed tribe quest just in case.

I've been and checked my previous missions and have done every mission for all the artifacts i compared against a print out.

Anyone else been stuck iwth 15/15 and not getting the achievement? so annoying :uzi:

You would think so yes, is not the case though, else getting the Oghma Infinium would be totally pointless considering once you've read it it's removed from your inventory.

Unless you use the bookshelf glitch. In which case you can read it over and over and over again (leveling yourself all the way up) AND keep the book.

I have 15/15 artifacts in the settings menu

I went back over a previous save game and redid the hircine one, and also the whispering lady and the cursed tribe quest just in case.

I've been and checked my previous missions and have done every mission for all the artifacts i compared against a print out.

Anyone else been stuck iwth 15/15 and not getting the achievement? so annoying :uzi:

Some quests dont reward you with a daedric artifact if you dont make certain choices.

Mehrunes' Razor - Pieces of the Past - can be missed if you dont kill Silus Vesuius

Masque of Clavicus Vile - A Daedra's Best Friend - if you kill barbas you will get The Rueful Axe which is not an artifact

Skull of Corruption - Waking Nightmare - if you let erandur destroy it you wont get it

Ring of Namira - The Taste of Death - if you kill Eola in the hall of the dead you wont get the ring

Some quests dont reward you with a daedric artifact if you dont make certain choices.

Mehrunes' Razor - Pieces of the Past - can be missed if you dont kill Silus Vesuius

Masque of Clavicus Vile - A Daedra's Best Friend - if you kill barbas you will get The Rueful Axe which is not an artifact

Skull of Corruption - Waking Nightmare - if you let erandur destroy it you wont get it

Ring of Namira - The Taste of Death - if you kill Eola in the hall of the dead you wont get the ring

!WARNING! BEFORE DOING THE DAEDRIC QUESTS, KNOW THE ABOVE INFORMATION! I wish I knew these little loop holes sooner. I ended up killing the dog in "A Daedra's best friend". I figured out this was the wrong move many saves later. In my new game I'll raise my sneak to 100 and slit as many throats as I can. :uzi:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,I just wanted to state a fact considering some have said that having the 15 artifacts will trigger it and some saying having just doing the quests will.

First off I must point out that there is 16 quests & 16 artifacts not counting the skeleton key because it is considered a quest item. That also means there is some room for error.

If you miss one its ok because you can get the 2 artifacts from the Hircine quest. Another thing to point out is if you want the follower instead of the item...do the Waking Nightmare quest last out of all the Daedric quests & just make a save before killing Erandur...after you get the artifact you should get the achievement. Than just reload and do the opposite to get the follower.

Logically,if you do all the quests for the achievement there will be a choice for either one extra artifact or you can gain a follower if done properly.

My resource: CLICK HERE

• 1 month later...