Original Gamer Achievement Guide (Fanorona, Morris + Bowls)

Pavonis

You can switch to a better view with the left bumper, which I did when the angles weren't helping me out. I found that trying to knock the opponent's balls away was usually a good strategy. Sometimes knocking the red ball around works, too. Learn how the balls bounce when they hit the ground and see if you can block the opponent's balls' "line of sight."

Yeah, tried that.My balls either miss outright or bounce over them.

Doesn't help that Terry throws perfect every single damn time.

---

Wow, give me the retard award. I just learned how to tighten up the throw radius. Durr....

Edited by Archer0T8

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, give me the retard award. I just learned how to tighten up the throw radius. Durr....

That's like one of the guys from Rooster Teeth playing nearly the entirety of Crackdown before being finding out that you could TARGET your guns instead of manually aiming...

I might stop laughing in 5 or 6 minutes... :)

The issue with the AI in Morris is that it has to allow you to win.

The sole objective of the AI is to not let you win. It does this either by beating you outright, or playing for a draw. It does this in all games... including Checkers and Fanorona.

The problem is that Morris is the only game where the AI can force you to accept a draw or lose, by circle-jerking his pieces around the board or back and forth, waiting for you to make the move that it won't make, because it's programmed not to lose.

This is because the rules in Morris are too fair. A draw can be considered a perfect game, as both players end up being in a position where they can only make one or two moves without ending the game in their opponent's favor. This means that if both players are equally skilled and playing carefully, the game will always end in a draw. Unlike Checkers or Fanorona where you can "force" your opponent into making bad moves.

Unless you have the foresight to see multiple moves forward in Morris, you're doomed to fail. Like me.

Edited by Skillet

Mini games, large frustration!!! :uzi:

Even can't beat Bowls, shots looks so random, can't understand how to aim...

Make sure to switch to the tactical angle and move left or right to knock the opponents ball away. When you press to shoot the circle should go small and then big again. Press the shoot button again when the circle is at its smallest to produce the most accurate shot. The rest is just tactic, watch the video and see what I did! :)

I've been playing Fornona for at least two hours. The only good part is that I still have over 14K, which means at least 1400 more tries against motherfucker Achilles. He NEVER follows the video. I still don't full understand this game, and how I can go from 5 and 2 chips left to 1 vs 1. Even the Java AI link doesn't work cause I can't figure out how to make multiple moves in the same turn and get the same board.

More than the eye-gougingly annoying kids or endless glitches, this proves nobody actually play-tested the game. Who else besides the 10 programmers would WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT??!!!!!!!!

I Even the Java AI link doesn't work cause I can't figure out how to make multiple moves in the same turn and get the same board.

More than the eye-gougingly annoying kids or endless glitches, this proves nobody actually play-tested the game. Who else besides the 10 programmers would WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT??!!!!!!!!

You just need to remember the moves, after that you must clic on any spot in the same order.

PS if you're planning to go for "Completist", bid 100$ cause one of the Thieves tasks requires you to win 500$ in total, and the less you play, the best for your mental sanity (went through this... never more) :p

Yes, the smaller it is the more precise the shot is.

Thanks ! :) Also a guy on one of the other pages suggested downloading 9 men morris game, I'd highly recommend it. After some tedious moves where the game makes real dick moves across the board to stop you the computer(on my laptop) from winning but eventually got one over on it!

Thanks! Hopefully it helps some people out :)

I tried to follow it and it helped at least get me halfway through a game. I had to win them on my own afterwards but it worked out. He kept picking random stuff after like 6 moves. It is extremely hard and in my opinion the hardest achievement in the game (specifically if no outside help).

Fanora is impossible to win. Haven't beaten it in over an hour. It's just such a stupid fucking minigame/achievement.

EDIT: After about 1.2 hours of fucking up, my game finally synced up perfectly to this video and I was able to mimic the video to win. As annoying as it was, thank you for the video man.

Edited by BiggD