People still playing Team Fortress 2 ?

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying the Orange Box. Just wanted to know if there's still people playing Team Fortress 2 online or are the servers completely empty ? Online play is a major factor for me when I buy a game, so this is important for me.

People still play it online on Xbox Live, but I don't think it's a terribly popular game for the online play on the console version anymore.

I have it for PC and thousands of people still play it to this day, myself included. I find the PC communities are much better for Valve games than their console-counterparts, simply because their games have always put specific emphasis on PC gamers over console owners.

If you're only looking to get it for achievements and maybe a few playthroughs of the other games included (HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal), then it's still a worthwhile buy. But if you're serious about the online multiplayer aspect and have the means to do so, I'd highly recommend getting it for PC instead as it's much more popular. I myself usually play it a few times a week if not everyday, while I haven't touched my console version of the Orange Box in ages.

In conclusion, the Orange Box is still a game worth having, simply because the five games it includes are all phenomenal. But like I said, if you're looking at getting it specifically for TF2 and online play, I'd definitely suggest checking into the PC version (it's dirt cheap on Steam these days as well; it's $19 retail, but it usually comes on sale for about 50% off every few weeks).

If you are thinking of buying the Orange Box on xbox.......DON'T. PC or go home. First of all TF2 on Xbox is shit. Not only is it a desert, it is stripped compared to the PC version. I could not get in to Half-life at all. I just didn't see the appeal. Last, there is the salvation. Portal is one of the best games I have played. However, do not buy the game JUST for Portal.

I bought TF2 on Steam for $20 and got Portal for free during some special promo. The Orange Box was one of the worst game-buying decisions I have ever made.

Sorry to rain on your parade man :D

People still play it online on Xbox Live, but I don't think it's a terribly popular game for the online play on the console version anymore.

I have it for PC and thousands of people still play it to this day, myself included. I find the PC communities are much better for Valve games than their console-counterparts, simply because their games have always put specific emphasis on PC gamers over console owners.

If you're only looking to get it for achievements and maybe a few playthroughs of the other games included (HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal), then it's still a worthwhile buy. But if you're serious about the online multiplayer aspect and have the means to do so, I'd highly recommend getting it for PC instead as it's much more popular. I myself usually play it a few times a week if not everyday, while I haven't touched my console version of the Orange Box in ages.

In conclusion, the Orange Box is still a game worth having, simply because the five games it includes are all phenomenal. But like I said, if you're looking at getting it specifically for TF2 and online play, I'd definitely suggest checking into the PC version (it's dirt cheap on Steam these days as well; it's $19 retail, but it usually comes on sale for about 50% off every few weeks).

Take her opinion over mine. I forgot that it is $20 now. When I bought it, it was $60.

Icono, we should play PC TF2 sometime.

It is true that the PC version of tf2 is far superior, luckily i got it for like 3 bucks also

anyways, yes people still play, not anything amazing numbers wise...but yes they do

I myself am paying and it is destroying my soul trying to get 1000 kills knowing that I could be playing the pc version instead...its my last achievement though so i got to stick it out

This.

It really is dirt cheap on Steam, i brought it a couple weeks ago for £5 (because of 50% off due to the release of cross-platform)

You can also get it bundled with another game for a little bit extra.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Half-Life on consoles is garbage, buy it for PC or don't.

This couldn't be more wrong to be honest.

Its the same game on pc vs. xbox, the only difference is if your video card isn't a gaming one like my situation. Although, TF2 is fun on PC even if your like me and your graphic's card isn't awesome :D:Bounce:

I still play the game and on most days you can find a lot of people playing, and the people who say its laggy, thats either your crummy connection or the hosts even shittier connection. Most games you will probably find a homo host glitching or turning off certain classes to his or hers advantage...but most of the time that just means there terrible at the game so its pretty easy to dominate them and watch them rage quit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...