Lost Episode 1 - 10/10 Difficulty

It was a little off putting at first, but if you zone correctly and wait for him to try and throw out a random focus attack you should be able to beat him. Make him use that tatsu, counter and move in for the ultra. He loves to wake up ultra and mash out dragon punches after dive kicks, hell caught quite a few after his focus attack. I'd say 6-10 for everyday fighting game players and 8-10 for anyone new to this kinda setup. Liked the DLC though, but I am worried it could get much tougher with Akuma.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS since when do you press A to juuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmp!! Mortal kombat-like with the guard button.

No. I am not talking about that. That doesn't annoy me. It is the fact of if you HAVE played SF then you would know that there is six different attack buttons and the fact that you can do special moves beside just the heavy attack, light attack and shooting.

Congratz, how do u perform a 17 hit combo?

Start off with an air fireball right before you land do your combo by mashing B on the last hit hold b you'll fly into the air jump up and follow him and continue to hit b on the last hit do another fireball and then do a heavy attack

No. I am not talking about that. That doesn't annoy me. It is the fact of if you HAVE played SF then you would know that there is six different attack buttons and the fact that you can do special moves beside just the heavy attack, light attack and shooting.

But this isn't Street Fighter, it's an Asura's Wrath/Street Fighter crossover level done in a different style to make it fun and unique. If it was SF and had Asura as a playable character but he had the same control style as this, then I would understand why you would be upset with the control scheme. But as it stands it's the same way we have been playing the rest of the game, to change it would be like changing which buttons you would use to shoot a gun and duck in Modern Warfare halfway through a level.

Wasn't that bad imo. On the 5th mission, just jump back and forth with the air projectile, and if you see it connect when jumping forward, do this combo: B chain (wait until the hit after the series of three quick punches), hold B, jump, BBB, hold B, Y. This should do around 40-45%. In the corner, I think you can do this after the hold B: jump, B, Hold B, B chain, Y. Those two together should be sufficient to kill him. If he has like 5% left, try to kill him with air projectiles, and pray to god that he does't do a well-timed EX Hadoken.

Took me maybe 15 tries.

For the 40-second one, try not to counter his tatsu, not worth the time. Try to use a similar strategy to the one mentioned above to kill him as fast as possible. If you have him in a combo and time is about to run out, just let him fall and do your Special Attack and, if you're lucky, that's enough.

This wasn't bad at all using these methods. Thanks man you rock:rock

just got the achievement and i have to say coming from someone who really doesnt play fighting games..not to hard at all. what i did was spam the X attach from a distant. then i would trick ryu..i would stand in the corner and jump after every 2 or 3 X attacks either causing him to A. jump(which you can hit him with a X attack when he is on his way down. or B. he would do that charge block attack thing sorry really dont know what its called when he goes all black and white around him..just wait for when he is about to punch then spam X attack..big tips.. be careful when spamming x as when he gets 1 bar fill he shoots a fire ball which goes threw yours, just jump and press b to avoid. and if he gets close to you just simply press y . took me about 10 trys. hope this helps

just got the achievement and i have to say coming from someone who really doesnt play fighting games..not to hard at all. what i did was spam the X attach from a distant. then i would trick ryu..i would stand in the corner and jump after every 2 or 3 X attacks either causing him to A. jump(which you can hit him with a X attack when he is on his way down. or B. he would do that charge block attack thing sorry really dont know what its called when he goes all black and white around him..just wait for when he is about to punch then spam X attack..big tips.. be careful when spamming x as when he gets 1 bar fill he shoots a fire ball which goes threw yours, just jump and press b to avoid. and if he gets close to you just simply press y . took me about 10 trys. hope this helps

Ex fireball. Its easy to spot it comes out red as opposed to a blue normal fireball which his fist projectile will stop.

Yes, surprisingly the DLC that has just one achievement, is really that bad.

Clearing all the missions is not done simply by clearing story episodes, but an actual fighting game style mission mode that will aggravate you to no end.

Easy difficulty proves to be of no difference and the Obliterator gauge, that we've been so overly dependent on, is useless.

The DLC starts out as a story chapter.

After you clear that, you can choose mission mode.

They are, ranked by my estimated difficulty:

-Get a K.O. with a special attack!

5/10 difficulty

-Get a K.O. with health 50% gone!

3/10 difficulty

-Perform a 15-hit combo!

NA/10 difficulty

Jump, hit with air attacks, followed by the standard ground attacks, and follow that into the Y button prompt that appears once he's grounded.

-Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

6-7/10 difficulty

Good luck with this one. If he hits you with his special, the cut scene will take like 10 seconds.

-Get a perfect K.O!

9-10/10 difficulty

That's right! 1 hit and you lose!

The most frustrating thing is that when you get tapped just once, you are punished by the unnecessary 20+ seconds of time it takes to try again. Expect to lose hundreds of times and also expect to die within the first damn second of the fight. The opponent has total priority when attacking, the charge move has 100% priority. There's nothing you can do but stay out of his range for that.

Be prepared to game over hundreds of times as this is heavily luck based and absurdly cheap. This DLC pack is by far harder than anything in Asura's Wrath or even Street Fighter x Tekken. This was only an informative post to tell you how cheap this is. I suggest backing off from it and save your money

You sir are a fool this is not that hard 7-8 tops, your turning ppl off buying it cause you suck at the game.

Trust me ppl this is fantastic dlc and its only 160msp, this guy is a fool, if you own the game this is a must buy!!

I wouldn't go that far and call somebody a fool but I agree with CrazydoginOZ concerning the difficulty. It isn't really that hard 5/10 tops I would say. The last two challenges might give you some troubles but both are very doable. I loved the DLC and can't wait to beat Akuma's ass in Episode 2.

Edited by HanzoHasashi

wow, i was awaiting the worst after reading the posts here but the DLC wasn´t hard at all. the whole DLC took me like 1 hour to finish. i would give it 4/10.

it was great though, i am always surprised how detailed asuras wrath is. like augus sword in the moon or the references from asura to ryus EX DP from SFxT or his super from 3rd strike with 3 hits.

truly one of the best games i have ever played.

can´t wait for may 16th when part 2 comes out.

Start off with an air fireball right before you land do your combo by mashing B on the last hit hold b you'll fly into the air jump up and follow him and continue to hit b on the last hit do another fireball and then do a heavy attack

A little confusing to understand at first, but I managed to clear the mission with this method after a few tries to get the timing and positioning right. Good find.

---

As for the OP, hogwash. I'd give it 7/10, 8 tops if you're unfamiliar with Super Street Fighter IV, and maybe a 9 if you're completely unfamiliar with fighting games in general since a few of those same concepts apply here (hit-confirmation, hit-stun, and recovery to name few). The last was only a challenge because I'm so out of practice with the current-gen SF games that I forgot where what could be done by Ryu and when. It might have taken me about 15 tries max.

Use the same combo you used for the 15-hit mission and for fuck's sake don't be too aggressive! Keep your cool and gauge your attacks (and stop attacking if Ryu blocks or focuses) and you'll be just fine.

All in all, outside of Street Fighter 3 (my favorite SF of all time), smacking Ryu sideways has never been so satisfying.

A little confusing to understand at first, but I managed to clear the mission with this method after a few tries to get the timing and positioning right. Good find.

Well to make it easier you could have just mashed b knocked him into the air do a combo and just finish him with Y -- super. Wanted to try to do without using a super

Sorry to sound really dumb, but what's the deal when all the different buttons flash up on screen all at once? I have no clue what to do. Tried mashing them, tried pressing one at a time, tried pressing nothing, but every time Game Over. Help!

Sorry to sound really dumb, but what's the deal when all the different buttons flash up on screen all at once? I have no clue what to do. Tried mashing them, tried pressing one at a time, tried pressing nothing, but every time Game Over. Help!

Just mash all the buttons (ABXY only) as fast as you possibly can. I did it on my first try without preparation, so I'm sure you can do it while fully prepared. Use your index and middle fingers if necessarly, one on each button.

I just got this achievement in literally 3 tries on the last mission. Granted I am a huge fighter fan this was nothing when you do the combo as mentioned above. Get the DLC it is cool and I found it fun to do the missions. None were frustrating.

TIP - Practice your 15 combo on the mission that has you do it. He just sits there and doesn't fight back.

Personally, it took me something lile 10 attempts to do the perfect K.O (but I'm a SSFIV player so I know Ryu's moves, especially when he'll launch the ultra and how to avoid it).

Instead, the 40s one took me more time (often lose because of one-two seconds missing), something like 20-30 attempts.

So I would say the timed one is far harder than the perfect K.O which give you plenty of time, two "bigs" combos and Ryu loose 90% of his health.

Edit : I finished Akuma's ones.

The 40s is more/less the same difficulty than Ryu's one, but the "Perfect K.O." is far harder, it took me a little more than one hour (Jump and throw a fireball, if Akuma is hit by the fireball, you can safely do your combo. He never used his focus when I started a combo with an air fireball).

The 10 wins in a row aren't really hard, I lost at 8 wins the first time (and not even because of a KO but becase of the time limit), and managed to do it the second time I tried (Akuma seems pretty weak in this mission compared to the "Perfect K.O." one). When Akuma choose his first ultra (every two rounds) and when the jauge is filled, back jump and throw some fireballs because he'll likely use it and this method (the fireballs) break the ultra if you back jump when throwing them.

Just need to finish the download of the PART IV then finish it to see the true ending and doing the last achievements after, then this game will be 100% finished for me :)

Edited by davhuit