Xbox 360 slim fan replacement

Zeph0r

Thanks for the reply. I'm 95% sure it's just my fan that went bad so I'm looking towards alternatives to fixing the brick. I already invested a little time and money to learning how to take everything apart, so I figure I might as well figure out how to fix it if it happens again. It costs around $30 bucks for another power brick that might die at the same time or faster than my current one. If I can't find a replacement fan, I might just get a dremel and put a computer fan on the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...
It's never a good idea to mess with power supplies. I know that's a fact with PC's and I'm sure its the same with any electronic. Only trained professionals should be messing with power supplies. It's usually alot easier just to get a new power supply.

This. Even after being unplugged, I don't think the capacitors in a 360 power supply are to the level where they could store lethal amounts of charge; but why tempt fate?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_a_power_supply_dangerous_even_after_the_power_is_disconnected

Find another one, don't smoke around it, keep it away from dust, don't nestle it in your entertainment center without ventilation and occasionally take a can of compressed air to it.