Easy Grim Reaper achievement with Mage

Saev

I had some trouble with this one, read some of the posts here about how to do it, but i wanted to add a few pointers, that made the difference for me. I used I think like 3 health pots and 3 mana pots. You can get this achievement by going trough the area on casual or whatever, and change the difficulty to hard or nighmare before you start the final cut scene. This makes it a bit easier atleast :)

Setup: Arcane Warrior, Spirit Healer and Battle Mage

Stats:

40 dex

25 con

60 magic

rest in willpower (for me that gave me 55, i know i didn't have that many points)

Skills:

4 points in Clarity

4 points in Vitality

4 points in Combat Training

Rest in Combat Tacs

Spells:

FadeShield (passive)

Attunment (passive)

Cleansing Aura (substained) (you also get group heal and revival)

Fade Shroud (passive) (also gets shimmering shield for better survival)

Stoic(passive) (draining aura is included)

Spellbloom(activated) use this for mana regen

DeathSyphon(substained)

DeathHex and MisdirectionHex (activated) (also get affliction and vulnerbility hex)

Walking Nighmare(activated)

Curse of Mortality(activated)

You could include Mass Rejuvination, but i only used it once in the battle.

Predefined Tactics:

Set each of you party member to attack only the boss, ignore the minions.

You do this by entering the Select Tactis section and on each of the skills, where it says enemy:... or surrounded by.. i changed to:

Enemy-> Rank -> Target Rank is Boss

I also removed some of the surrounded by, cause them seemed more useless when only one target.

I but Jerrik to be an Aggressive Scrapper, and i removed Quack and Hurl from the Golem.

This sets my party members to focus only on the boss, and you dont wast time on the minions, this can you handle with the switch or walking nightmare. You can also try sleep, horror or hand of winter to crowd controll them.

Fight:

I activated Cleansing Aura and Death Syphon. This gived my teammates health, and i get some mana, that i need to keep my mana pool from running dry.

I charged in and threw on Death Hex and Misdirectional Hex, which i belive was another key factor in this fight. Then i go to the switch and turn it off. (If you don't know how, use either the :dup: infront of the switch and click :abut:, or :ltbut:, look at the switch and click :abut:)

Keep casting some hexes, especialy Death Hex and Misdirectional Hex. Don't let your team mates die, and revive if possible, and always try to keep their health at atleast 75%. Remmeber if you got the revival scroll for the golem, he can revive aswell. Don't run out of mana, then your substained skills will deactivate, if you do, reactivate them asap. Use Shimmering Shroud if nessecary. Use spellbloom when to regen better.(not sure if it's important)

Use walking nightmare on the skellies, unless the red mist jsut came, then go use the switch, and the skellies will die.

Soon stage 2, where the head of the Reaper jumps down starts. Now there will be no more switch to focus on, so just keep doing what you where. Remember to crowd controll with walking nightmare etc. Remember to always use Death Hex and Misdirectional Hex, and also Curse of Mortality. Few seconds after you kill him, the achievement will pop.

Those hexes made the difference for me, and also i belive the tactics where i focused on attacking only Boss. Another important thing is the mana regen, that i suffered b4. I always went out of mana, and my substained spell deactivated, makeing everything **** up. Atleast this was my way of doing it, and I hope it can be helpfull for atleast one soul out there!

Good luck and have fun ;)

Edited by Saev

• 2 weeks later...

Solid strategy dude. I tried combining it with another poster's strategy to use the Golem and just heal, but with limited success. Once I made sure I was buffed out, and using the hexes and spells you suggested I got the achievement pretty fast.

I appreciated your character stats info too, I re-did my mage to match it, with a few minor modifications and it worked great!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank God I had the tome to reset all points n stuff.

This def helped with stage 1, then I ran outta mana potions and everyone died.

So I switched to sword and shield (after trying to kill with a staff. bad idea. lol) and was doing hella damage. Just keep running away from the bastards and walking dead helped a lot.

Got it. Thanks OP! :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot, i just got it and can say that 'Walking Nightmare' worked a charm for me on the 2nd stage, but unfortunately my Sword and Shield 'Missed!' constantly on the boss, but i had my Golem survive and i distracted the boss whilst he smashed him in the back.

Glad to wrap this game up before the new year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scotty
Can I also do this by starting a new GoA game and creating a new character?

I've only got my level 32 Warrior and level 9 :D Rogue available

yes, although i wouldnt reccomend it as the new character will start at level 20 and won't really be built properly. i'd use your veteran character that you are familier with as that harvester will knock seven shades of shit out of a low level 20.

yes, although i wouldnt reccomend it as the new character will start at level 20 and won't really be built properly. i'd use your veteran character that you are familier with as that harvester will knock seven shades of shit out of a low level 20.

I've tried it with my level 32 warrior a dozen times.

Didn't come through the first stage first 4 times and when I finally did, I got slaughtered immediately

Guest Scotty
I've tried it with my level 32 warrior a dozen times.

Didn't come through the first stage first 4 times and when I finally did, I got slaughtered immediately

id try it with the dupe glitch if i were you. it can take ages if you've used one/both of the tome of the mortal vessels as you'll have to start a new game and complete three of the main quest alliances but is totally worth it. i beat him in less than two mins just stood infront of him swinging my sword. none of his attacks did visible damge to my hp meter. the glitch is in a thread about two or three down from this one and goes to great detail to explain it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Saev, i got my ass kicked so many times, and would have kept on getting my ass kicked if i had not followed your guide. It worked the first time but, when he went into his second form he glitched into a wall and i could not kill him. Can you believe that?! Then it took another 5 tries after that, because i kept getting him in second form and only having 2 companions alive and not 3. When everybody was their and i controlled the crowd, I kicked his ass!

Very nice job!

• 4 weeks later...