Achievement Discussion

jgahagan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a little more challenging in my opinion. Also more time consuming, having to deal out 10,000 damage for a variety of weapons. But then again, 10,000 might not be as much as it sounds if you're dealing out a few hundred to kill someone.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is an "unarmed weapon"? I mean they have energy weapons, guns, explosives, melee weapons, etc. But this is another category we need to deal out 10,000 damage points for. I'm unclear what they are.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-new-vegas/achievements/

The link for anyone that wants the list.

I just read through.

they seem pretty annoying. I was fine with the Fallout3 acheivments. But with these the do 10k points of damage, Or healing with X item sounds a bitch. I went through fallout3 without even eating any food! Hopfully it carries over to your other playthrough's. Hopfully 10k points of damage isnt as much as it seems.

Edit:

Bfrittsox it sounds like they made a mistake and maybe Mean Unarmed? So just with your fists.

Edited by True I Skill

This list is similar to Fallout 3. It may not seem like it, but I think it will require at least 2 or 3 playthroughs - I'm talking about 'Deal 10000 damage with'. It will be impossible to max out one character, so I will probably be doing 2 playthroughs: evil, long range weapon, Rambo-type character and good, unarmed, sneaky one.

Hardcore achievement is great, I can't wait.

I wonder about snowglobes. What are they? Are they like bobbleheads in F3? How many of them are in the game?

There is achievement for recruiting all companions - does this mean there is no karma requirement for recruiting them, or maybe it means that we will have to go from bad karma to good?

There are few achievements for playing games - high luck will come in handy.

There are 20 achievements for completing quests - I wonder how many main quests and how many side quests are there. I hope there are many side quests, I loved side quests in F3.

EDIT

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is an "unarmed weapon"? I mean they have energy weapons, guns, explosives, melee weapons, etc. But this is another category we need to deal out 10,000 damage points for. I'm unclear what they are.
In Fallout 3 unarmed weapons are: your fists, Brass Knuckles, Spiked Knuckles, Deathclaw Gauntlet and Power Fist (and unique versions of them).

I went through fallout3 without even eating any food!
I'm not sure, but I think Hardcore mode requires you to eat and drink. Edited by esio gk

Looks a little more challenging in my opinion. Also more time consuming, having to deal out 10,000 damage for a variety of weapons. But then again, 10,000 might not be as much as it sounds if you're dealing out a few hundred to kill someone.

An unarmed weapon is your 'fists'

Looks like a good list. Only one i dont like is the Hardcore acheev. I like the idea of Hardcore mode for the diehard fans. but there shouldnt be an acheev for it IMO

There is achievement for recruiting all companions - does this mean there is no karma requirement for recruiting them, or maybe it means that we will have to go from bad karma to good?

I would have thought that it will count across multiple playthroughs but I swear I remember reading somewhere that Karma isn't going to be in New Vegas so it wouldn't matter? Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

I would have thought that it will count across multiple playthroughs but I swear I remember reading somewhere that Karma isn't going to be in New Vegas so it wouldn't matter? Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
There is Karma system and there is Reputation system in New Vegas. Reputation Affects how towns and factions react to you. Karma affects how people react, but it has much smaller effect than it had in F3. At least so I've read in one of the previews.

There is Karma system and there is Reputation system in New Vegas. Reputation Affects how towns and factions react to you. Karma affects how people react, but it has much smaller effect than it had in F3. At least so I've read in one of the previews.

Ah, that was probably what I read then, that it didn't play a bigger part. Just got a tad mixed up, 'tis all.

the only one i'm worried about is Recruit all companions as i never even found the dog in fallout 3. For hardcore i will just create a second game so i wont have to worry about the other achievements and try to get through the game as quickly as possible

"The Globe Trotter" achievement sounds like the "Vault-Tec C.E.O." achievement where you collect all of the bobbleheads, I wonder if the snow globes serve the same purpose as the bobbleheads.

It was confirmed a few months ago that Snowglobes are the collectibles instead of Bobbleheads this time around :)

I don't think these achievements where you have to deal 10k damage will be a hassle. I can easily spend 50+ hours on a single save in Fallout 3 and not get bored, and I'm pretty sure I'll be dealing out well over 10k damage while doing that. Melee might be a bit harder, but that could always be fun as well.

Also, gambling! YAY! =3

I don't think these achievements where you have to deal 10k damage will be a hassle. I can easily spend 50+ hours on a single save in Fallout 3 and not get bored, and I'm pretty sure I'll be dealing out well over 10k damage while doing that. Melee might be a bit harder, but that could always be fun as well.

Also, gambling! YAY! =3

Agree with you, for me 10k is not that much considering the size of this game and all hours you can spend on it.

An unarmed weapon is your 'fists'

Only one i dont like is the Hardcore acheev. I like the idea of Hardcore mode for the diehard fans. but there shouldnt be an acheev for it IMO

lol.

I'm the exact opposite. The Hardcore one is the only one that i think they HAD to include.

They are called achievements after all. So it should really require skill and effort to get them.

These look about right, i actually enjoyed going out and exploring everything in F3, so "Master of the Mojave" seems like good fun. "The boss" really dosen't worry me, since Fallout is such a big game and it gives you xp for just about everything you do, i don't see it as something that someone needs to grind viciously for. As for 10k weapon damage..well now i have a reason to pick up unarmed weapons. Good times.

the achievemnts are nice but who cares if they are good or bad because either way new vegas will be amazing!!!

I agree with that, honestly I could care less for achievements. To me they're just a bonus, I only care about playing this amazing orgasmic game!

FO:NV FTW!!! :woop:

Indeed, that achievement is ultra dumb. I think I used my fists like 5 times in Fallout 3, if not less.

I really like achievements that take a long time to get, but only those that come naturally during the course of the game. Everyone will use guns, energy weapons, computers, lockpicks, and even melee weapons are often useful when we're sneaking.

I hope there'll be the Chinese Stealth Suit in the game, bcause that's the only way this achievement might get easier. Maybe we'll get a power fist or something too.

Hardcore will be very interesing, because it doesn't affect AI difficulty. I'll save that for my second playthrough once I know every main quest, so that I don't have to be annoyed that much by this mode.