100 Point Video Walkthroughs [no longer available]

ZoopSoul

YES. These are very helpful, both for finding good starting spots, as well as getting a basic path to follow.

Especially helpful with Roller Roaster. Though I have yet to attempt it, I have a feeling you've cut my time to get 100pts down drastically, and possibly saved me a destroyed controller.

Thank you, mister Zoop. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome, guys. :)

Anybody good with video editing software? I'm wondering if it's possible to do the presents/cousins all in one run each... If not, it'll take a lot of practice and I might put music over it.

The presents pop up even after you get them? I suppose you could always start a new game... I know the cousins are always there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zoop - do happen to have a video for the Chateau level? I've managed to score in the high 80s in the two attempts I've made, but I don't exactly get how that level works...

If anyone has any tips even, that would be great. Thanks all, and especially Zoop for his awesome guides.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that this was my first Katamari game, and I found the walkthroughs helpful. Commentary is good, too. This isn't a slight against Zoop's abilities, but I found that, in my experience, it isn't as imperative to follow the exact routes that Zoop takes as to know where the big piles of items are -- and how big you have to be to get them -- so that you can grab them as quickly as possible with minimal backtracking.

I also used Zoop's videos to help me. Before watching them, I was getting between 50-70 points per game. I couldn't unlock an eternal mode to save my life. The videos were really good at showing the large pockets of items you could grab at any given size. In addition, it hit home the concept of not necessarily immediately rushing off to the next larger area. After watching the videos, I was able to eternal the levels after 1-3 tries. I thanked Zoop through You-Tube, but I'm more than happy to do it again here. THANKS!!!

Just another grateful roller chiming in to say Thanks, Zoop! I finally got Eternal unlocked on Roller Roaster (my least favorite level ever!!) and am hoping that I can get Fancy & Schmancy's soon. I appreciate that you never make us feel dumb for not seeing the solution, that you admit some of the levels are insanely hard. Even as a seasoned vet of Katamari, I found myself feeling inadequate pretty often!

You Rock!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These guides are excellent. A+.

I really enjoy watching all of them, even if I don't need help on that level. Your narration is really great. =)

If you don't mind me asking, when are you typically on XBL if I was thinking about sending you a chat invite?

Bumping this for my PAL friend who I believe recently got the game. Thanks for all the kind words.

Note that I'm doing some funny N+ stuff now, so you'll have to swim around my vids to find what you're looking for. I WILL correct this soon with playlists on my page for better organization, but please bear with it until I figure out how to do that. =)

As for chat invites, I rarely accept them because I generally check my messages once or two a week, much less per playing time. ;) I tend to get a lot between the Katamari fans, IGN groupies and now the N+ people. I always respond to messages, though (even if dinosaurs may come and pass by the time you get said reply), so feel free to send them my way.