Scariest moments

MR MACLAINE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm i think fear 2 and dead space were very hard to compare... that's a different "style of horror" in dead space the game suggests a constant haunted feeling, everywhere you hear these sound, the aliens screamed the hell out of the ship and you had more "stress" while playing. in fear 2 you are afflicted with these scary mind visions and very, very subtle horror, sometimes alma just walkes a few feet and disappeares... for me both games were absolutly great - in their own special way!

You kidding me.....Dead Space was absolutely not scary. Cool game, but not scary at all. Nothing haunting about it. Its just aliens!!! Cool game, but far from scary

Different people find different things scary. For me Dead Space was probably the scariest game I've ever played, so much so I'm thinking twice about a second playthrough. Like I said this game didn't really do it for me.

i was looking around in some offices early on in the game i think and i turned round and the child version of alma was standing right in my face, i jumped out of my friggin skin and made a rather random noise at the tv, also fired a solitary bullet of panic into her face before she dissapeared lol.

its certainly a lot scarier when ure playing it at night, through surround with the volume and a bit of weed in your system lol.

the first one was in mission 1 or 2, when I just turned around and there was alma staring at me, gave me the creeps.

that happened to me on my hard playthrough man i was scared lol.

On level 2 you can go inside one of the womens bathrooms and when you go in the end cubicle thing opens up theres a surprise in there ;).

i haven't been scared, tense a few times but usually i had an idea of when something was gunna pop out so i could prepare for it lol... only game that actually scared me or disturbed me with lack of sleep was silent hill 2.

I had a few good jumps and even a few screams haha. Me and some friends were all playling it and even turned it into a drinking game (drink everytime you jump)

1. This was in the demo, we turned around at some point before the movie theater and Alma was CRAWLING behind us. Sadly though I never saw this in the real game.

2. On the first level on my second playthrough i was rushing and turned around right into little Alma. I didn't rememebr that so it made me jump.

3. The Elementary school, particularly when you're in the dark hallway and Alma is appearing everywhere (recommend running through, makes you jump more as you are most likely to have her appear in your face)

4. When Fox grabs you right before he's killed. My friend was playing and he literally threw the controller at the tv and screamed. He refused to play after that haha:p

5. Being ambushed by an abomination when you least expect it

i haven't been scared, tense a few times but usually i had an idea of when something was gunna pop out so i could prepare for it lol... only game that actually scared me or disturbed me with lack of sleep was silent hill 2.

Silent Hill 2 was an under rated masterpiece. The story was phenomenal, the gameplay was great, and the detail of character lives was impressive. I salute you for having played that game.

Personally, I thought the part where you look through that window and the abomination grabs you and tosses you into the room below was scary, I freaking flipped out and had to turn my light on. XD

Also, near that pool area, if you walk towards the window on the right side then when you get to it, look left, young Alma will be walking towards you. That spooked me.

and for some very odd reason, when she touched your hand to her pregnant stomach, that fuckin creeped me out. I guess that means either, DLC, F.E.A.R. 3 or an expansion. lol

You kidding me.....Dead Space was absolutely not scary. Cool game, but not scary at all. Nothing haunting about it. Its just aliens!!! Cool game, but far from scary

Are you trying to tell that on the level where you walked into a room and the big snake/slug monster grabbed you by the foot and started dragging you away that you weren't scared?

• 4 weeks later...

The part where you find the swimming pool in the penthouse. When you step outside onto the balcony to discover that there is nothing outside, like literally nothing...no sky, no world outside...thats far more scary to comprehend than the other cheap thrills the game throws at you!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the game wasn't scary to me. Whenever something "scary" was to happen, I knew at that point I wasn't able to be injured and should run towards it to further progress the game.

I think Condemned was a scarier game due to multiple jump scenes of angry people yelling at you and running from the shadows at you.

It was an underaverage FPS, not horrible but not good. I hate the level designers and their freaking pipes

• 3 months later...

I think the problem with the game was simple. They didn't show off Alma's power like in the first game. She really just appeared, stared at you and left - you knew hat she wouldn't attack you and was therefore not a threat.

I also think theres something wrong with having a powerful gun in a horror game - the fact you can kill everything and your given the perfect tools for the job really takes away from the atmosphere - you, or at least I, didn't feel as though I was being hunted by Alma - add to the fact that half the missions seemed like filler (there was no real purpose) and you've got a poor atmosphere. Its a shame because the graphics and sound are superb but it falls back on cliches way to often for its own good.

The graphics were decent but the blood effect went incredibly over-the-top. It just broke the immersion. Finally, to top it all off - the demo ruined nearly all the potentially scary parts of the game anyway...

I don't remember even jumping...

Edited by FaTaL EFX

• 9 months later...

A rly creepy part for me was in the elementary school. It was the part when you were with your girl teammate (forgot her name) then you have a hallucination and appear seperated from her in alma's old classroom (speculation), or at least a different classroom then you were previously in. And on one of the walls you see a drawing alma made (still speculation) of herself and some other stuff. I know for a fact though that that is alma in the drawing though.

The game wasn't scary at all really. only when the one test subject thing jumps at you for the first time. Nothing compared to some games. including the first. anyway I loved it when the test subject dragged that one guy away and then you turn the corner to see his head going around in the dryer :p