Disarm 100 enemies with the whip

Darktower

I did this one outside the burning bar on 'Into the Mountains. I used a second controller to push my AI parter out of the way,putting him over near the doorway of the bar and kept whipping the 4 guys that keep respawning down the alley through the snow piles just left of the burning bar. I would whip and take the gun... turn around and fire away from the guys until the gun was empty then kill the disarmed guy and repeat on the next armed guy. I also used the Invincibility parcel for this.

I did this one outside the burning bar on 'Into the Mountains. I used a second controller to push my AI parter out of the way,putting him over near the doorway of the bar and kept whipping the 4 guys that keep respawning down the alley through the snow piles just left of the burning bar. I would whip and take the gun... turn around and fire away from the guys until the gun was empty then kill the disarmed guy and repeat on the next armed guy. I also used the Invincibility parcel for this.
inside the bar's good for It breaks The Heart too...and Lego Alcholic Beverages (L.A.B.)

it's probably better to do this on 'city of danger' (raiders) that way, if you have build-its and repair abilities left to do (aswell as accessing enemy controlled areas you can do it all in one on this level relatively quick...just keep quitting and saving that's how i got it

This has to be the single most frustrating achievement in the game. I'm 49/50 and 980/1000. I cannot get this one to work. I tried the above suggestions but for some reason I can't disarm. It just whips em and they fall apart. (btw, i only have invincibility turned on and I even tried w/o that too!)

Oh well. Have the rental for another day. I'll check back here to see if someone has any other suggestions. Otherwise, 980 it is....

Edited by mailmanchris
sp

This was my last achievement as well. I picked the very last level on the Last Crusade to get it. At the very beginning guys will infinitely spawn out of the trucks as long as you don't knock the stick out that is holding up the door.

It is best to have another controller to get the AI character out of the way because they just go punching everybody stunning them. All I did was push forward and B to disarm the enemy. It didn't work every time, but most of the time it did. I would turn around and shoot out the bullets from the gun to empty. Rinse and repeat.

I did use the Invincibility parcel for this, as well as Disarm enemies. That way you don't get hurt and they don't shoot. Although it doesn't really matter, it just makes things less confusing. It takes a good while so keep at it. Hope that helps.

Got it. I chose Motorcycle Escape since the guards all have guns and infinitely respawn until the gated are opened. I did the trick with the 2nd controller.

I think the best way to get this is to stand level with the enemy you are going for. If you are higher or lower than them, it seems to wrap the whip around their feet and pull them over.

It took awhile so I had my kid use the 2nd controller. Once I got it, I dropped out and had him save and exit. It gave him the 240g for the top 5 big (100%) achievements.

Worth his time to just sit there I guess. :Bounce:

1000/1000 = w00t!

I just got this in Last Crusade: Temple of the Grail the very first area. Being the programmer that I am I figured the count is based on the number of times a gun is picked up by the whip, it doesn't matter if it is out of a characters hand or off of the ground. So let me know if this theory works for you. It seemed to work but I couldn't tell what my last action was because the camera was far away from Indy. I can say with confidence I probably only took the gun out of a characters hand about 15 times. The other 35 times the camera was too far away or I couldn't tell for sure.

Oh yeah it took me about 25 minutes of whipping. I fired a a total of 3 bullets, so don't worry about getting the gun and emptying it, just get another gun to replace the one you've got and the old one will drop to the ground and disappear.

Help i just cant do this about 90% og the time i just trip them up, at this rate its gonna take forever, any tips?

Edit nevermind i just got it, turned out swords are a hell of a lot easier to disarm, well for me anyway, with them i could do it almost everytime so i just played the first bit of city of danger a few times. Thank god thats done!!!

Edited by Jedi Kayben

the trick is you need to be holding forward (running forward) as your wipping. Doing this will get you a disarm 100% of the time. If your standing still or stop to whip, you only disarm 10% of the time. If you goto motorcycle city, and reach the open area witht he postbox, 4 enemies keep coming and 3 more come out of some hut which you can keep opening. Have disarm enemies on and you can get 150 disarms in under 5 minutes.

Hardest achievemnt in the game for me was that access 50 areas one. I had to redo motorcylce city like 20 times and that took and hour+

for the 50 enemies area try the ancient city or the submarine level

the enemy areas are right there and you dont have to kill anyone or solve any puzzles to get there

i agree that this one is the hardest of them all

there is no place to just go in and out of enemy areas

all the others have levels that you can play once or get a bunch very quickly

• 4 months later...

With all do respect this isnt a thread about accessing enemy controlled areas or is it a thread about builld its repair abilities. This is a thread about how to disarm 100 enemies. This thread is labeled "Disarm 100 enemies with the whip".

not "build its repair or accessing enemy controlled areas. go post that somewhere else. thank you

it's probably better to do this on 'city of danger' (raiders) that way, if you have build-its and repair abilities left to do (aswell as accessing enemy controlled areas you can do it all in one on this level relatively quick...just keep quitting and saving that's how i got it
Edited by Paid In Full707

This is probably the best way to unlock this achievement. Thanks to 007 Craft for telling us. This was my last achievement and was have trouble with it. after I used this method it unlocked in 5 minutes. 1000/1000

the trick is you need to be holding forward (running forward) as your wipping. Doing this will get you a disarm 100% of the time. If your standing still or stop to whip, you only disarm 10% of the time. If you goto motorcycle city, and reach the open area witht he postbox, 4 enemies keep coming and 3 more come out of some hut which you can keep opening. Have disarm enemies on and you can get 150 disarms in under 5 minutes.

Hardest achievemnt in the game for me was that access 50 areas one. I had to redo motorcylce city like 20 times and that took and hour+

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Swaggart was spot on with this 1...

Anyone having problems should go to indys office which is 2nd door on the right in corridor and whip the guy with the sword then stand next to the door and wait for him to come in again. Rinse and repeat, i had about 90 to get and did it in a matter of minutes. :)

• 2 weeks later...