Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

How exactly do you get all the bottle caps in the shooting gallery? I'm a huge fan of the game, played through it many times but never really bothered with the range that much.

EDIT: Found a guide. I have the first 3 rows now. I didn't know you got pestas! I feel like a dunce now hoving never bothered with it in 20+ playthroughs!

Edited by Robioto

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this in here too, just in case:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The code for the "3 family insignias of the dead ringers" behind the church in chapter 1-3 is:

[spoiler=Code]3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3.

Reward is a Green Catseye which can be combined with a Beerstein.

2. The solution for the "insignia symbol in the church" in chapter 2-2 (before rescuing Ashley) is:

[spoiler=Church]Rotate/Turn the red light 2x, the green light 3x and the blue light 1 time. Then combine it.

3. The solution for the "portrait puzzle" in the castle in chapter 3-2 is:

[spoiler=Castle]1,3,2,4. Then choose OK.

4. Solution for the "tablet puzzle" in the knights room while playing with Ashley in chapter 3-4:

| 1 | 2 | 3 |

|--------- |

| 4 | 5 | 6 |

|--------- |

| 7 | 8 | 9 |

|--------- |

[spoiler=Ashley]

Sorry, I know I could've done it better but here is the solution:

6,3,2,5,4,7,9,6,5,2,1,7,8,5,6,9 + insert the Stone Tablet.

5. Solution for the "colored light puzzle" in the autopsy room in chapter 5-1:

[spoiler=Cryo]

Turn the color panels: Blue 1x, Green 2x, Red 3x.

SEPERATE WAYS

6. Solution for the "family insiginia puzzle" behind the church in chapter 1:

[spoiler=Ada]3,4,3,3,3,4,4. Take the Round Insignia and put in the Green Catseye to re-open the gate and leave the area.

7. The solution for the "colored insignia symbol in the church" in chapter 1 is:

[spoiler=Seperate Ways]Rotate/Turn the red light 3x, the green light 1x and the blue light 2 times. Then combine it.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe
To help others!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking about picking it up. Would you say the cheebs are pretty easy? By that I mean none are insanely difficult? Maybe, a little time consuming but nothing impossible?

It's quite doable. You will knock most of them off in a weekend if you have the time. Even easier/better if you've played it before on the older systems.

The only frustrating ones could be the PRO mode and the BOTTLE CAPS. That's it.

So I have about a week to kill and after seeing my buddy play and enjoying the game, I'm thinking about picking it up. Would you say the cheebs are pretty easy? By that I mean none are insanely difficult? Maybe, a little time consuming but nothing impossible?

Nope, nothing impossible.

The only frustrating ones could be the PRO mode and the BOTTLE CAPS. That's it.

Agreed.

No idea why so many people have problems with the bottlecaps.

Pro isn't that hard. Just memorize the harder parts on your normal run and you should do it with ease. You can even skip big parts of the game or make it easy, like:

SPOILER - ONLY READ IF YOU FINISHED 1-1 :p

The easiest method to do the village fight and still get loot (not running away for 6 minutes) is to enter the house on the right after the fireplace. Close the door, shoot it once, so you can see the enemies and start knifing through the hole. You only need one bullet and won't get hit at all

why did they change the way you trigger bosses, normally on the gc version it all just happened as progression, seems a bit odd to change stuff like that and not the gameplay to actually make it more playable...

What exactly do you mean by TRIGGER BOSSES. Seems to me the same as in the PS2/NGC version, no difference!?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I understand the bottlecaps. I've never played RE4 before, only watched it being played when I was a kid.

So I don't have to visit all of the shooting galleries to get them all? I can just go to the last one and get the right scores to get all 24 bottle caps? If that's the case I'll do them on my Normal mode run through.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...