Dead space One Gun and Impossible difficulty

Durrsaster

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with Habs ^. I'm going threw on impossible right now and I've only been using the plasma cutter. So long as you aim for limbs it works wonders. It'll work even better for you if you aim for the same side of the body (Example: Take off both the arm and leg on the left side of the body and they will die).

Do you guys recommend getting the two achievements stated in the title at the same time or doing two separate play throughs? I heard that ammo conservation is a big thing and thus would it not be better to only use the plasma cutter?

Knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. The Plasma Cutter's the best gun in the game by far. Especially if you can get it upgraded. Also take advantage of some exploits such as the Peng duplication and infinite credits glitch.

I loved the game, so I made it last as long as I could, and I did them on separate runs. I also wanted to enjoy Impossible Mode with all the arsenal at my disposal, and I really did. It wasn't easy, nor desperating.

I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.

I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.

Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party. :D

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time. :)

Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party. :D

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time. :)

As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!

As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!

Dead Space 2 was fine, but I didn't enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed Dead Space. And yes, that's the achievement. Sure it's challenging, but I found it absurd and desperating rather than funny. It's the only achievement I didn't get, I believe.

As I said, it depends on how much time you want to spend. Well, and as for the "hard" option, it also depends a bit on your own skills. So Durrsaster, it's up to you. Both ways are completely doable.

• 1 month later...

Depends on if you have already played the game.

First time playing go through on normal upgrading your suit and weapons especially the plasma cutter ad get one gun on a normal difficulty. next play through use plasma cutter and another weapon of your choice to do impossible on.

Or to make it easier do both at the same time the plasma cutter is the best weapon in the game anyway.

I found this game very hard, but maybe I gave up too soon. But the bit I got to was I was in a room, like a laboratory or something and then I was sealed in and had to fight and kill a certain number before the door opened. Well my problem was that I had so little ammo that I didn't have enough to really do anything.

Only option I had was to keep going and get annoyed not getting anywhere, start again or give up. It's only one of two games i've ever given up on.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very late to this thread, but I'm running through the game for my last achievement -- Impossible Difficulty. The first time I played through the game on easy, I only used the plasma cutter, and as of writing this, I'm about 66% done with the game on Impossible only using the plasma cutter.

Now, I do have the Tank Suit and the Heavy Damage Plasma Cutter fully maxed out, so that probably helps things.

• 4 months later...

Doing Impossible with just the plasma cutter is actually my favorite way to play. It simplifies things and makes it easier than upgrading multiple things, in my opinion. The only guns I would otherwise recommend are the line gun, and the force gun. Honestly, the force gun makes the game far too easy, in my opinion. And it's Dead Space! Gotta do it hardcore with the iconic weapon.

• 1 month later...
I agree with the others, safer bet and less stressed out just going for one achievement at a time! save time in the long run!

If you really think that the game is so hard on Impossible that using more than one gun will potentially save you as much time as an entire extra playthrough, maybe you should consider playing an easier game. Besides, the Plasma Cutter is pretty much the best gun in the game. What other gun is going to increase your chances of beating the game?