Game Info

Shaaady Souljah

While it was originally spotted on the Entertainment Software Rating Board earlier this year, Microsoft kept mum on its Xbox Live Arcade game Aegis Wing until today, when it dropped a couple of smart bombs about the side-scrolling shooter.

First of all, Microsoft said the game would be free to download for all Live Silver and Gold users for a limited time. Second, it's going to be released this Wednesday at 2 a.m. Pacific time. Finally, the game is the product of a trio of students, conceived during a summer internship with Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade division and developed in conjunction with Carbonated Games (makers of Uno for Live Arcade).

Aegis Wing is a cooperative shooter where four players can take on an alien menace in experimental starships online or offline. During battle, players can join their ships together, letting one handle the piloting while the others fire away with superweapons accessible by attaching ships.

Aegis Wing is rated E for Everyone.

My take: Galaga on Steroids. There ya go. ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
Lol, not used to old school gameplay, this games so hard...

It's really not... get a few friends to join up with you and it's a blast.

I played through it 4 times in one night... once with my brother in-law, then my niece joined in, and finally my sister. It's great if you're bored with friends/family visiting.