Chopper Gunner vs AC130

Which do you get more kills with?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you get more kills with?

• Chopper Gunner
    • AC130

I have gotten plenty of nukes with both, but you have to look at two things when maing the choice. The first thing is you need to see if people in the lobby are shooting down air support. If they arent then i would go with the chopper gunner. If they are I would go with the Ac 130 because you get 3 flares. The ac 130 is out for only 45 seconds so chances are the 3 stingers/javelins wont even be fired in that time period.

The second part to take into consideration is that map. Getting a nuke on skidrow is hard with an ac130. The ac 130 flies too high so its hard to shoot into windows and openings. On the other hand the chopper gunner will fly low enough to kill people in covered areas. The only two maps i would recommend an ac 130 over a chopper gunner would afghan, rust, and wasteland. However sometimes an ac130 is terrible on wasteland. Severral times i got an ac 130 on wasteland but didnt get a single kill because of the gun. The gun doesnt turn 360 degrees so if you are flying in the wrong area, you may not be able to spawn kill the enemy. Keep in mind the key to nukes is getting your chopper gunner/ac 130 and spawn trapping the enemy.

I would say the Chopper is the best (as long as you dont have people shooting it down)

Ive had nukes using both, ive listed what I think is the best for each map.

Afghan - Both

Derail - AC 130

Estate - Chopper (Make sure your team has the main house though)

Favela - Both

Highrise - Chopper Only!! the AC-130 is pretty much useless unless they spawn outside

Invasion - As long as your team are holding the back house by the "C" Flag, then both are pretty good

Karachi - Chopper

Quarry - AC 130

Rundown - Both do extreme damage on this map

Scrapyard -as above, but I seem to do slighlty better with the Chopper

Skidrow - Chopper Only (This cans still kill people at the "B" flag)

Subbase - Both

Terminal - Both

Underpass - I prefer the AC130 here, sometimes my chopper would fly away from their spawn and just hover somewhere else so I cant get any kills

Wasteland - Both do extreme damage, the only problem is your AC-130 might spawn the wrong side of the enemy making it impossible to kill anyone for a good few seconds.

I would say the Chopper is the best (as long as you dont have people shooting it down)

Afghan - Both

Derail - AC 130

Favela - Both

Highrise - Chopper Only!! the AC-130 is pretty much useless unless they spawn outside

Invasion - As long as your team are holding the back house by the "C" Flag, then both are pretty good

Karachi - Chopper

Quarry - AC 130

Subbase - Both

Terminal - Both

Underpass - I prefer the AC130 here, sometimes my chopper would fly away from their spawn and just hover somewhere else so I cant get any kills

Wasteland - Both do extreme damage, the only problem is your AC-130 might spawn the wrong side of the enemy making it impossible to kill anyone for a good few seconds.

I agree with 99% of that. On estate i like the AC-130 because you can kill people in the buildings (assuming they arent in the house). You can also easily kill the people hiding under the boathouse. Again it all comes down to if the enemy is shooting down air support. If they have somebody always equipped with a stinger than the ac-130 will normally be better. If the enemy isnt shooting down air support than the chopper gunner will be better 9 out of 10 times.

Afghan - Both

Derail - AC 130

Favela - Both

Karachi - Chopper

Quarry - AC 130

Subbase - Both

Terminal - Both

Got 3 or 4 multi-kills in a row with the AC-130 on this map a few days back, Groundwar TDM, they just kept spawning outside by the elevator things.

Chopper Gunner ALL. THE. WAY.

Ac130 is the last Killstreak I ever unlocked for my entire 10 Prestiges. They're appauling. Know how I know this? Because I'm killed a lot more frequently by Chopper Gunners than Ac130.

Ac130s: Throw Cold Blooded on and sit in a building. Nine times out of ten you render an Ac130 useless.

Chopper Gunner: Even with Cold Blooded on, there's a chance Chopper Gunners can hit you inside buildings.

Let me give you an example. I played Ground War. 8v8. I got myself an Ac130, and landed myself 14 kills. Before I'd even got a decent amount of kills under my belt they had Cold Blooded and stingers. I couldn't place them and I was gone in seconds due to my weapons needing to reload.

I got a Chopper Gunner on Team Tactical, that's half what you get on Ground War. 4v4. I got *36* kills. I was cutting them down as soon as they were respawning and as soon as I had one locking on to me with a stinger, I'd cut him down and he was respawning again.

Also, this has nothing really to do with the topic, but when you're using your Ac130 or Chopper Gunner, make sure you hide somewhere safe and put claymores down. Whenever I get an AC/CG, I put an OMA+DC class on and throw two claymores down. The reason for this, and I don't know if you knew this, but when you kill someone with an AC or CG, if they watch the killcam, they can actually see where YOU are on the map. Many people use this to hunt you down. So make sure you're safe if you're going for a nuke.

I hope this helps, bro. Good luck with your nuke-hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...