Achievement Discussion

Ravens516

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok how do you get the payoff pitch achievement I just got the 15 strikeout acievement but no Payoff achievement. I am playing on Pro

I am not here to help only to sympathize as I too am having trouble with this one. I also struck out 15 batters in one game but did not get this achievement...all I know is that you have to hit the catchers "spot" when it is a payoff pitch...this is the rectangular shaped area that shows up vertically when you are lining up your "payoff" pitch...the problem is that even just throwing a fastball there doesn't work as the pitcher's accuracy is tough to get down as you can only control where the ball is going to break...this one is killing :uzi:me

How are the achievements?

The game looks/plays great and the achievements are also a good time. The controls are descent and it only takes a little while to get the hang of normal play. Harder things like payoff pitches and robbing home runs will take a while but it will all come in good time as I am still working on these myself.

Being a novice to baseball games I have only played a few days and have a lot of the harder achievements to get, so they are possible and only some of the other hard ones will take some time...you will get frustrated with stealing and throwing wild pitches as I have but eventually you will be able to play without too much trouble and only the occasional slip-up.

Hitting is by far the easiest thing to do as pitching is much harder to get the hang of but I would recommend starting out using either the Custom or Rookie difficulty setting and work your way up to Pro where you can then get the Pro achievements...I kind of jumped into the fire but that is just me and you should be able to play almost right from the start!

Highly Recommended :woop:

MVP Note: This will unlock after the World Series if playing in the Season mode, so if you think that your player has a chance to get it, this is when it will come, so don't look for it until then...just an FYI!

Just letting you guys know that the world series achievement took me 3 tries before I got the achievement.

If you guys ever run into any problems with this one it may take a few times before you get credit.

The payoff pitches took me a while. Just keep at it, it's one of those things you will eventually get.

How the hell do you get the strike out achievement? (strikeout leader) I had most SO's 2 times now in season and franchise but no achievement.

This one gave me trouble also. The achievement description is inaccurate. You need to lead the MAJORS in K's, not just your League (AL or NL). I led the AL and did not get it, but got it when I led all of baseball.

My suggestion is as follows:

Start a 10 game season and then max at least 3 of your pitcher's stats, especially stamina and all of ther pitch stats.

Go to your first game and MANAGE it. Keep the pitcher in the whole game (winning or losing does not matter) and he should get at least 8 or 9 Ks. Go to the next game on your schedule and MANAGE again. Check the stamina of your first pitcher and if he is back at 100%, use him again. Otherwise start your 2nd stud and do it again. Go to game 3 and once again if your first pitcher is at 100%, use him...

Doing this for all 10 games will give your top 2 or 3 pitchers at least one extra start over the rest of the majors, who will be on the standard 5 game rotation. This should give you the achievement no problem. Oh, and simulate through the entire playoffs and world series for it to finally count and unlock. I did this and Johan Santana had 40ish Ks, Boof Bonser had 30ish and Matt Garza had 30ish. The next closest had like 15...

Hope that helps you all out who are seeking that achievement.

mine is somewhat similer. but jsut put 10 game season and when it says hitter stanima or something like that and turn it off. and manage six game you want the pitcher to pitch in. i did it with santana and got 56 strike outs(next closest was 21)

but i need help with no hitter and the cycle. like any tips someone can give for them? then all i have is feilding and online.

mine is somewhat similer. but jsut put 10 game season and when it says hitter stanima or something like that and turn it off. and manage six game you want the pitcher to pitch in. i did it with santana and got 56 strike outs(next closest was 21)

but i need help with no hitter and the cycle. like any tips someone can give for them? then all i have is feilding and online.

For the no-hitter, use Cooperstown 2, I believe which has Nolan Ryan pitching and make sure you turn Ejections off and set the game to 6 innings, which is the lowest amt. you can use to qualify as a no-hitter. You will need to hit every single pitch, esp. the Payoff ones...but you will have to make any plays in the field as well, so be ready...

Side note: I had a no-hitter on my 1st try through 4 innings but had ejections on when I hit a batter and he got ejected...I had Rollie Fingers come in to preserve the no-hitter but it didn't count, so it has to be done with the starting pitcher...

With Ryan, you should have no problem striking anyone out most of the time but if you are having trouble, try using the cheat that sets strikeouts to 2 strikes instead of 3...

For the no-hitter, I did it with Jason Giambi, so you can imagine how unlikely that was to begin with but obviously, go for the triple whenever you can, since it is the hardest to get but not impossible and even if you don't make it you get the double automatically. Just make sure you swing for power on every at bat which should help with all types of hits and if somehow you need only a single at the end just make sure you stop @ 1st :)

I actually did this without trying as I had already hit a HR, single and triple without really paying attention and then got thrown out going for 3rd which gave me the double, so if they didn't throw me out @ 3rd, I would still need it myself ;)

If you are having trouble hitting you can always adjust the sliders, use cheats accordingly...this goes without saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just letting you guys know that the world series achievement took me 3 tries before I got the achievement.

If you guys ever run into any problems with this one it may take a few times before you get credit.

The payoff pitches took me a while. Just keep at it, it's one of those things you will eventually get.

for the world series achievement i heard u can just sim through it and get the achievement...i already did that but i did not get any achievement...are you trying to say that i have to do it a few times until it finally gives it to me???

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"When my situation ain't improvin', I'm out ta murder everything movin', " so Jay-Z obviously was trying to get the damn 'Organized Crime' achievement on this game to unlock. I give up--go back to GameFly, 95% easy/5% glitched game. I think the only fun I had getting this bitch done was getting the pitcher ejected for an achievement.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I tweaked the sliders to "realistic" settings, and played an entire season. The result was very few achievements after hundreds of hours of gameplay. The 2008 game needs to come with the realistic settings out of the box, and no sliders. Then the achievements would be realistic and hard to obtain. No Hitters are 100 points because they should happen rarely, if at all.

I found a cheap way to get some achievements. Mess with your sliders a bit and get a guy on base anyway you can ie walks, single, double (you get the point) and switch to him and let the cpu bat for you if you have a superstar ie A-Rod, Howard etc and 85% of the time you will get some of the hardest achievements. I got the Moonshot achievement for nothing.

My "unhittable" and 20+ runs are glitched anybody know how to get them? I am playing it on custom diffucluty, could that be a reason why?

• 2 weeks later...