Ultimate Guide To Halo Wars

FaW II HaVoK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robeyone, does the game automatically make you play on Easy the first playthrough?

I'm on like the 5th Mission and I couldn't figure out how to change the difficulty, even starting a new campaign wouldn't allow me to.

Choose Campain >> Difficulty! easy :woop: (or that's how it works in DEMO :p )

I dont understand why Havok felt the need to write this guide, his anticipation got the better of him and the guide shouldnt have even been considered until either he owned the game or it was released. Thats just my personal opinion and for me this just seems like a waste of time, original descripitions were going to obviously be poor and useless so in all it was just wasting forum space and time.

If a guide was to be done that early before a game was released then it should have been done by someone such as Tinboy, Robeyone or TG Maduin as all have played sufficient time on the game, and have all contributed to this guide anyway.

Well, thats just my personal opinion so don't flame me.

Where is the last blackbox on level 15!! thats the only one I need! DAMMIT!

You also did not state how you got Level 4 to Save Adam. I did all side missions etc. But Cargo 1 is the only one that gets killed, yet I put all my units there and a cutscene shows that it still gets killed

Edited by Crank That Crank

Where is the last blackbox on level 15!! thats the only one I need! DAMMIT!

You also did not state how you got Level 4 to Save Adam. I did all side missions etc. But Cargo 1 is the only one that gets killed, yet I put all my units there and a cutscene shows that it still gets killed

You can't save Cargo 1, it's scripted. As for Adam he is right next to the blackbox location in that level. There is a console there that you open and it lets him out. Just keep him alive as he walks to Cargo 2.

Any hints for the Everything's Better with Bacon Achivement ?

I played the first Mission 10 times and killed ALL enemys on the Map with One Warthog and attacked only with the "Y" Button when the Special Attack was ready.

So why the hell i don´t get it !?

Big Al's Scooter 10G

Win a Heroic Skirmish Game against the AI in under 10 minutes

Use Forge and rush to Max Warthogs, I did that and beat the Heroic AI with under 10 units in the same achievement.

Build Strategy (This will take a couple of tries)

1. You use Forge, let the covenant use the Arbiter.

2. Build all Supply Pads

3. Upgrade your Base

4. Build another supply pad and then two reactors

5. Upgrade both reactors

6. Upgrade Warthogs to full

7. Build 9 Warthogs

I did this on the Bloodgulch Map and used my 1 warthog to also collect supplies which is VERY KEY. Look all around your area, there are supply boxes everywhere.

I tried that strategy several times now and it never worked. The Arbiter always would wipe me out with little effort.

I found a much better strategy myself, which I used to get this achievement and the 10 unit achievement. It worked first try.

Don't use standard mode as game type, use deathmatch. This way your units are already fully upgraded. The only thing you need to build is a vehicle depot. Now build 4 Grizzlies and 2 Warthogs. With this plus the Warthog you start with I crushed the AI in about 6 minutes and didn't loose a single unit.

lets see what you will say when the game is in stores

lol, go and cry somewhere else thx.

BTW: THE GAME IS IN STORES

Back to Topic:

Big Al's Scooter 10G Achievement is easy, just start a Skirmish with a friend on your side against the AI and let your friend leave the game and BÄM the Achievement is your´s.

I found that out by an accident :)

Edited by Doom Eye

I tried that strategy several times now and it never worked. The Arbiter always would wipe me out with little effort.

I found a much better strategy myself, which I used to get this achievement and the 10 unit achievement. It worked first try.

Don't use standard mode as game type, use deathmatch. This way your units are already fully upgraded. The only thing you need to build is a vehicle depot. Now build 4 Grizzlies and 2 Warthogs. With this plus the Warthog you start with I crushed the AI in about 6 minutes and didn't loose a single unit.

The key to the first method is NOT upgrading both reactors, that will leave you an extra 1200 points to play with, and I can confirm that with that in mind its easily doable with pumped up warthogs.

What happened to this guide anyway? People have posterd dribs and drabs but nothing in full! Sort it arrrrt!

I dont believe the OP will carry on with this guide as it hasn't been touched basically since it was first written. I believe someone else needs to take all the good infomation from here and create a complete guide as this is a shame really...