Assassin's Creed 3 Clubs Challenge Guide

Tyger7

CLUBS

What are clubs? They are exactly what they sound like except they are clubs you really don't want to be in! Why is this? Because they have challenges for you to complete. They want you to get into fist fights, steal, run for hours uncovering maps, and hunting animals until the blood won't wash off your hands. Welcome to Hell, hopefully you brought some patience and have no life.

How Tiers work: There are 3 tiers per club. Once you have the challenges open, fear not. All tier 2 and tier 3 challenges are counted even if you have not yet completed the first tier. This means if you complete 3 challenges from tier 2 without knowing it or trying, once you gain that tier they will show as complete. This is why it is a good idea to look ahead at the challenges to see what else you should be trying to accomplish.

Memories: Memories are decent place to get some of these done. This is because you can reload checkpoints over and over an whatever you do keeps counting. If you find a good spot for a challenge within a memory, just keep reloading!

On to the guide. Share your input/experiences in this thread to help other people struggling. I did my best to compile the descriptions from memory, so there is a chance something in here might not be quite right. If it's not, let me know.

The Hunting Society

How do you get invited? Just hunt some animals. To actually do the missions, you must visit a cabin.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/HuntingClub.jpg

Hunting Challenges Tier 1

Kill 5 Deer: You will find plenty of these. Kill them when you see them.

Kill a Wolf: They attack you randomly and you will see plenty of them. They are even required to kill in a certain mission.

Skin 10 animals: When you kill an animal, skin it by pressing :bbut: next to the body.

Sell Hunting Spoils worth 500 pounds: Find the general stores (or peddlers) and sell things you got from hunting until you reach 500 pounds.

Use bait with a snare to capture 5 animals: You must buy bait from a store (it's under consumable items). You also must buy snares. Go near a bush and place a snare, then throw bait down on it. Hide in a bush and wait for a small animal to get caught.

Kill a bear with the Hidden Blade: Just make sure the hidden blade his equipped, and when a bear attacks, press the button prompts.

Hunting Challenges Tier 2:

Stealth kill 5 animals using bait: Place bait down and when an animal is eating, run up or drop down on it and kill it before it runs.

Skin 25 animals: You will get this fairly quickly. Anytime you kill an animal, skin it.

Kill 10 animals with the Hidden Blade: Make sure your hidden blade is equipped when you make kills. This makes it so the pelts are undamaged.

Capture 20 animals with the snare: Just keep placing snares and bait on them and hide until you get this amount.

Kill 15 animals with the bow: The bow is useful for long range. You will have to buy arrows from the general store. It's easy to get kills with it even if an animal is running.

Hunting Challenges Tier 3

Skin every species of animal: There are a total of 9 species. Hare, fox, beaver, deer, elk, wolf, bear, bobcat, and cougar.

Kill 5 animals from horseback: While on horseback, you must kill the animals by melee (dropping down on them from horseback). Other kills will not count (like poison darts and bow will not work).

Trade Hunting Spoils worth a total of 2,000 pounds: Easily obtained with all of the hunting you will be doing!

Kill 10 animals in close combat: Close combat meaning by button prompts. As you hunt to reveal the full map you will get this.

Complete the hunting map: Check out THIS THREAD for discussion. Thanks to Ceromorth for the below information.

Black Creek: Beaver / Bobcat / Elk / Hare

Concord: Beaver / Deer / Hare / Raccoon

Diamond Basin: Beaver / Cougar / Deer / Wolf

Great Piece Hills: Bobcat / Elk / Hare / Wolf

John's Town: Bear / Elk / Fox / Hare

Kanien keh: Cougar / Deer / Fox / Hare

Lexington: Deer / Fox / Hare / Raccoon

Monmouth: Elk / Fox / Hare / Raccoon

Packanack: Bear / Beaver / Bobcat / Hare

Scotch Plains: Cougar / Deer / Hare / Raccoon

Troy's Wood: Deer / Elk / Hare / Wolf

Valley Forge: Beaver / Elk / Hare / Raccoon

Homestead: Beaver / Deer / Elk / Fox / Hare / Racoon / Wolf

If you still need extra help, watch

for each section.

Collect 50 undamaged pelts: With all of the hunting you will do, you will surely collect enough. Remember, use your hidden blade to get these kills easily.

The Thieves Club

How do you get invited? Keep pickpockets until you get approached.

Thieves Club Challenges Tier 1

Kill 25 enemies from hiding places: The best hiding place is a haystack or leaves. You can keep reloading your checkpoint if you want this faster while in a mission (one of the later missions you start in a well with a guard above, you can keep reloading checkpoint).

Catch a courier: One of the most difficult annoying of any of the challenges. You may not even have known these existing and had completed the game. Go HERE for a good video location. Basically wait around near the harbors or near markets. After a while they show up. You must chase them down and tackle them using :bbut: and having your bare hands equipped just to be safe. You can poison dart them and tackle them quickly or use rope dart to stop/delay them. They are extremely fast.

Loot 10 bodies: After killing an enemy, just hold :bbut: near the body.

Perform 25 air assassinations: Anything from the air usually counts. From trees, roofs, etc.

Pickpocket 200£: Easily done, just pickpocket anyone using :bbut:. Quickly obtained.

Thieves Club Challenges Tier 2

Escape from open conflict by using escape or hiding 10 times:

Lure away a guard dog using bait 3 times: These dogs are usually guarding chests or near some enemies. They can be somewhat hard to find when you really want them. You can lure the same dog all 3 times for this. You must use bait away from their post.

Perform 30 stealth kills without being detected: Easily obtained as you play the story.

Steal everything a guard has 3 times: Go to a guard and pickpocket him using :bbut: Just keep holding it down and you should steal from him a few times until you can't anymore.

Steal everything a rich citizen has without being detected: Rich citizens dress nicer is all I can really imagine. Keep stealing and try not to get to the side or in front of them while doing so.

Thieves Club Challenges Tier 3

Find and empty 10 chests in New York: You will need to open 10 total chests which is easy considering you can buy the maps at a general store.

Pickpocket 1500£: Walk around and steal from people. Easy to do. To pickpocket, hold :bbut: while behind them.

Poison 5 enemies: You must buy poison darts from the general stores under the consumables tab. Use :rbbut: to change to the darts and :ybut: to kill the highlighted enemy in range.

Successfully attack and loot a convoy three times: While in the frontier, you will be notified if a convoy is around. Kill the enemies around it and loot the convoys. There is an achievement related to doing it without actually killing guards (use bare hands).

Win 500£ by playing minigames: You must play any of the 3 mini games and bet money to win money. Whatever you bet is what you earn if you win. Always bet 100 and likely you will be playing Bowls. You can do this in the Homestead area. It can take many rounds to actually win. You may also choose to try a New York tavern that has the Morris game in it, as the AI is intermediate.

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston Brawlers

How do you get invited? Use your bare hands and knock someone out.

Boston Brawlers Tier 1

Disarm 5 enemies: Have your bare hands equipped. When you get the counter indicator, choose the prompt that says "disarm".

Kill 5 enemies affected by a Smoke Bomb within 10 seconds: This can be a bit more difficult. Find some marching enemies and while not detected, throw the bomb at them. Kill 2 then drop another one on the ground. Kill 2 more, then drop another to kill the last (to be safe). You can string the bombs to keep them coughing. Just remember, you cannot get instant kills if they know you are around!

Stealth Kill 10 enemies: This will happen often in this game. Kill an enemy not aware of you.

Kill 25 enemies with the hidden blade: Have your hidden blade equipped for your kills. Easy enough.

Kill 10 Officers: These enemies are more difficult and can counter you. You will kill more than enough in your missions.

Achieve a 5-enemy Kill Streak: To achieve this you must link together kills. Once you have obtained a kill, highlight another enemy and just press :xbut: to one shot them. You should do this against regular enemies and not anything that counters you.

Boston Brawlers Tier 2

Fight and kill 10 Grenadiers: These guys normally have axes and kilts. Press :abut: to throw them then attack them. Straight on attacks and counters will not work.

Kill an enemy with every type of weapon: Hidden Blade, Small, Normal, Blunt, Pistol, Musket, Poison Dart, Bow, Rope Dart, Trip Mine.

Perform 5 Double Assassinations: A double assassination happens when you kill 2 enemies at at a time. Dropping down on two close to each other is the easiest way.

Have your Recruits assist Connor in combat 10 times: Once you gain assassin help, just pres :lbbut: to have them help you. There is a timer before you can use them again.

Liberate 3 Forts: You will find these forts as you explore the maps. They all must be liberated anyways for your DNA tracker. They are red. Sneak into one and it will explain what to do from there.

Boston Brawlers Tier 3

Achieve a 7 Enemy Kill Streak: This can be somewhat difficult, but you will battle a lot of enemies at once quite frequently. It's the same as the 5 streak, except 2 more enemies.

Use the Rope Dart to perform a predator move 5 times: To perform a predator move, you must be on a tree branch. When the enemy is below you, use the rope dart but hold :ybut:. Once the enemy is hanging, go ahead and move your control stick to jump off the tree, hanging him.

Own every weapon available in the stores: You will need a lot of money for this. Buy every weapon from all weapon categories.

Disarm and kill 10 Jagers with their own weapons: There is an achievement related to doing this ten times. Must have your bare hands and disarm them when prompted, then kill them with the weapon you have taken. Easiest place to find them is Sequence 5 Memory 3.

Defend yourself from a firing line 10 times with a human shield: Whenever enemies are about to fire on you, you can press :abut: on a highlighted nearby enemy to use them as a shield. This happens randomly as well as in missions. In fact, one of the early missions give you a tutorial on it, so just restart your checkpoint after each success.

Frontiersman

How do you get invited? Reveal a large amount of area on maps.

Frontiersman Tier 1

Perform 10 Leaps of Faith: A leap of faith is when you are high up, and leap into a dive and fall into leaves or hay. You will likely do this on accident up to 10 times anyways. You can get them easily at viewpoints.

Reach 5 Viewpoints: These are the bird looking icons you get to and climb up. Once at the top you can sync and reveal areas of the map.

Discover 5 Underground Network Entrances: You must gain all of these anyways. The icon that has a arrow going down is part of the network. They are your fast travels. Go underground and run around to find the doors leading out. Finding them all can take a long time.

Discover the locations of all the forts: As you reveal more and more of the map, you will find all of the forts which are red icons that look like towers.

Explore the canopy by traveling 100 meters: You will get this without trying, this game loves having you run aimlessly around.

Collect 5 feathers: You can buy a map for the feathers in a general store. You must obtain them all for 100% DNA tracker.

Frontiersman Tier 2

Dive into the water from a height of 50 meters: In the Frontier, at Diamond Basin area, there is a very large mass of water. On the East Side, you can jump from the top to get this.

Complete an Almanac: There are flying pages around the cities you must collect. You must collect them all anyways and can buy a map to find them at the general store.

Climb a total of 1,500 meters: Like this is a challenge, specifically when the game makes you do this over and over. If you aren't running, you're climbing!

Discover the location of every Trading Post: These are the general stores. There are 3 per area (Boston, New York, Frontier). You have to get close enough to the door to discover them and place them on your map.

Boston Stores

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/BostonGeneralStores.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/NewYorkGeneralStores.jpg

New York Stores

Frontier Stores

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/FrontierGeneralStores.jpg

Listen to all of Washington's conversation: This one is extremely frustrating but doable. On Sequence 9 Mission 1, you can speak with him. Listen to the whole conversation. Keep talking to him over and over if you can. After you complete the main story, you can find him in New York (his icon is shown and easily found). Listen to him there too. If he wants to play the Bowls game, then you have done enough here. If you still have not met the needs of challenge, replay the sequence mentioned and keep listening.

Frontiersman Tier 3

Reveal all of Boston's Map: You only have to reveal about 90% of the map. Just run around until you meet the challenge. Can take some time here.

Reveal all of the New York's Map: You only have to reveal about 90% of the map. Just run around until you meet the challenge. Can take some time here.

Reveal the whole Frontier Map: You only have to reveal about 90% of the map. Just run around until you meet the challenge. Can take some time here.

Reach all the Viewpoints: Find all of these. Luckily they are marked on your map. Unluckily some are extremely annoying to get to and you may jump to your death because of the poor game mechanics.

Discover all of the Underground Network Entrance in New York and Boston: These are obtained underground at the fast travels that have an arrow pointing down. You must travel through dark corridors with a lantern. Once you get to the doors, you must either pick the lock, turn a set of 4 locks, or solve a puzzle involving a projector. All very easy, it's getting to them that's the problem. This will take you hours!

Boston Underground

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/BostonUnderground.jpg

New York Underground

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/NewYorkUnderground.jpg

Visit every tavern in the Frontier, New York and Boston: These taverns are not on the map but at the same time, they are. Whenever you see the dice icon, the icon for your liberation contact, or even some club missions, then you will go inside the tavern. You should get this without trying as long as you are doing all of the missions.

Edited by Tyger7

Why couldn't you have made this guide a bit sooner! This would have came in handy a day or two ago, argh. Anyway, very nice guide.A few things:

Skin 10 animals: When you kill an animal, skin it by holding :xbut: next to the body.

It's the :bbut: button to skin and you simply press it not hold it.

Complete the hunting map: Check out THIS THREAD for discussion. Thanks to Ceromorth for the below information.

This playlist is amazing for completing the hunting map:

Lure away a guard dog using bait 3 times: These dogs are usually guarding chests or near some enemies. They can be somewhat hard to find when you really want them. You can lure the same dog all 3 times for this. You must use bait away from their post.

THE absolute best place to do this is the frontier in Monmouth, near the general store. There is always a captain class enemy walking a dog.

Win 500£ by playing minigames: You must play any of the 3 mini games and bet money to win money. Whatever you bet is what you earn if you win. Always bet 100 and likely you will be playing Bowls. You can do this in the Homestead area. It can take many rounds to actually win.

By far the easiest method would be to play 9 Men's Morris in a New York tavern (since the A.I. there is intermediate rather than expert) with this program:

http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

Made the corrections, thank you.

I am still looking for where I had found the dog because it is in the city next to a fast travel. It was always there and no one is around it (it's by itself). If I can't find it again I will use the spot you mentioned (I have heard the spot before in another forum so must be good).

Made the corrections, thank you.

I am still looking for where I had found the dog because it is in the city next to a fast travel. It was always there and no one is around it (it's by itself). If I can't find it again I will use the spot you mentioned (I have heard the spot before in another forum so must be good).

A lone dog sounds so much better I may have to look for that spot myself.

A lone dog sounds so much better I may have to look for that spot myself.

Yeah, it was in front of an area that looked like a chest would be there (kind of hard to explain but you would know what it was if you saw it). After you lure the dog, it will return to it's spot. Then you just use bait again to lure it and it will keep counting. Extremely easy.

I finished the second set of Thieves Guild Challenges, and the third set isn't showing up! The Thieves Guild has just disappeared completely from my logbook. Has this bug happened to anyone else?

I thought so too, until all of a sudden some kid dropped off the third set to me. Which was weird considering all other club lists just appeared without anyone delivering them to me.

Maybe try fast traveling and then waiting a bit so the kid can spawn and find you?

Maybe try fast traveling and then waiting a bit so the kid can spawn and find you?

This seems to have done it, sort of. After at least 3 more hours of gameplay, I fast traveled to New York, and the words that the kid says immediately appeared on my screen (I play with subtitles on). Didn't see him or hear him. Then the third set of challenges appeared. Weird bug.

This seems to have done it, sort of. After at least 3 more hours of gameplay, I fast traveled to New York, and the words that the kid says immediately appeared on my screen (I play with subtitles on). Didn't see him or hear him. Then the third set of challenges appeared. Weird bug.

Got the same!! After today all that i tought i had left to do to get 100% was the hunting challenges and just needed to complete the hunting map basicly means hunting specific animals in specific regions, done then i noticed after i did all this i just had to do the last thiefs challenges 3 after finaly stumbled upon a messenger as it was the last thing i needed for the thiefs challange set 2, done! All the sudden i noticed when i went into logbook the new set 3 wasn,t there! I already went mental because i already had the famous common men glitch! Now i,m reading this i know i might still be able to do this last set 3 for the thiefs :) Any idea what the best minigame is to earn 300$ quik ? Because i kinda hate them all lol.

Is the "Brawlers' Den" or whatever somewhere in southwest Boston? I've finished all the challenges but there's nothing on my map, and I've visited the three taverns I know of there....

its telling me to meet harold in the brewery but its not on any of my maps..... something about the tournament and me beatin' all their asses now i gotta fight some Champ doucher who isn't showing up on my maps...

for the thieves club level 3 challenge where you have to pickpocket 1500 are there any people who have a lot of money to steal from? I get less than 20 pounds per person so it's going to take me a long time to do it otherwise.

If you're concerned about that taking a lot of time, then you haven't done some of the other challenges which take a lot more time.

It also counts, I think, if you loot dead bodies.