Achievement Guide

RegentEagle

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I make another suggestion...You should combine the weapon award achievements with the Get a Life achievement. Since you play to 20, 10 times for each weapon, do one weapon each day which totals 200 kills and with a number of weapons, it would reduce the number of days by that many weapons making it easier to finish off the remaining days

Seeing Red 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg Have over 20 minutes of "Berserk Time".

Find the Berserk power up on a map in multiplayer and wait for it to respawn and then rinse and repeat. It takes super powerups around 90 seconds to respawn. You could get this more easily with another controller as you don't have to be worried about getting attacked. Setting to game to 1 hour will help.

All I did was set the contestants to 1 (Me) and just sat on the item spawn. Walked away, watched SpongeBob, came back and had the achievement.

I also wanted to point out, the Have a Nice Day achievement doesn't require you to get both kill awards in the same match. You can do the 15 flak kills, and 15 rocket kills, as different matches. That way you can focus on one weapon at a time and not have to worry about picking up different kinds of ammo or finding the other weapon. This is just as quick, because score is set to 15 meaning it is still the same amount of kills. Again, do this on the Morbias Arena, and bots will spawn in either side of the little room (there are two different rooms at each end of the hall, either will work). VERY EASY TO DO!!!

Also to note, in capture the flag, when time runs out it goes to overtime meaning someone has to score. This was hard in the VCTF because of the size of the levels and how many bots are in map shooting at you when you get the flag.

And in duel, I had to do splitscreen with another profile. It was not letting me face a bot for some odd reason. If somoene figures it out please note it!

For the "play 100 games" and whatnot, with minimum requirements and such....you can simply go to sleep. The game auto launches by itself a litte after every match. So these are a piece of cake. Just start a match with requirements the achievement wants, and leave or sleep. Not sure if that was stated yet sorry if it was!

Couple more suggestions. 1 Check your damn PM's Regent-Eagle. 2. Hat Trick is 5x faster on facing worlds. With 2 bots in multiplayer always use your translocator to get to the flag, you cant use it when you have the flag otherwise you drop it.[/quote

10x faster when you put the no gravity mutator in, and play it splitscreen :) too easy!

EASY ARMADILLO ACHIEVEMENT!

Level: Suspense

VCTF set to 1 capture

Play against a split screen controller

With this setup my fastest time was 1 minute and a half for 4 hit and runs, which is what the Road Rage award is.

When you spawn, run or hoverboard (hit X to get board) and run to the little hovercraft which is on the top same floor (2nd floor if you spawn here) right outside around the corner, or you may have to run up the ramp passing by two other vehicles to get to this 2nd floor...anyways, jump in this craft, and race to the other side. This is the fastest thing i had found and i tried every vehicle. Spawn your second controller and run outside to the road. Hold left trigger to lower your craft, and run the guy over. SPawn again and run right out to the same spot, and do this all 4 times. Once you hit four (a guy yells "road rage" and it is displayed on screen for a second), exit the hover craft, and hoverboard to the flag located in the last building on your right. Then hover back to your flag (exact opposite side, and still on the right) and return it.

I averaged 3 mins usually, but when trying, got it in a minute and a half...This unlocked after 5 times of doing it, so either I was lucky or it is glitched. Maybe it counted my second controller as well? Or maybe it's really the manslaughter award which is two hit and runs?

Hope it unlocks that fast for you guys, and I hope this helps!

Edited by Tyger7
Entered wrong level

my suggestion to get 3 achs playing 1 map is to set the map Sandstorm with a friend (or simply connecting another controller). you can get easily in 20 matches: Top gun, Bullseye and Armadillo (after 10)... and you can also boost for the 100 matches complete ach...

by the way: anyone knows if for the 500 ranked wins count only win in single deathmatch/duel or also if you with your team win the other modes??? :confused:

Thanks for the suggestions people they have been noted and credited the best I could (for room sake).

@Toasty.

I had read your message yesterday and did not reply because I had added it from the other 3 or so people that had suggested the same thing hours before you. I do try to answer people and update the thread as much as I can.

Edited by RegentEagle

I haven't read through all the pages here, but there are a few things I want to add:

1. To a certain extent (I know not how far), campaign matches count for some of these achievements. My brother and I were doing online, XBL private match through the campaign. I got the "Serial Killer" achievement during a campaign level, and my brother got "Killjoy"

2. Killing yourself to end your killing spree does count. My bro was on a spree and accidentally suicided with a rocket. It said he ended his own spree, and the achievement popped. I was sitting next to him and watched it happen. This happened during an online campaign.

Edit: Sorry just noticed self kills count is already in the guide...

I don't know if any other achievements can be unlocked during the campaign, or if our online play through the campaign enabled this, but we definately got those points in campaign.

Edited by ThrawnOmega

Ok i just spent 3 hours trying to go for the weapon achievements on instant action deathmatch with 10 bots matches. And still no weapon achievement. WTF, I kept count and every thing. Please state in the guide that you cant get them with bots in instant action.

if you read the achievements it says multiplayer not instant action and another suggestion for monster kills if you just go to morbias arena deathmatch with max bots its almost an automatic monster kill.

I have a correction that should be made on the "Have A Nice Day" achievement. I had previously tallied 10 "Rocket Scientist" awards and had about 5 of the "Flak Master" awards when I noticed that your guide explained you can't do them seperately, that they have to be in the same game. Well I was doing them in games to 20 seperately :(. After I read this I started doing the technique that you had come up with, and after about 5 complete matches, I got the achievement (after I killed the last person with the flak cannon.) Thus concludes that this achievement can be earned by doing the "Flak Master" and "Rocket Scientist" awards seperately.

Theres one MAJOR flaw with this guide. For all the weapon achievements, it tells you to set the kill limit to 15, when you NEED to set it to 20. You're wasting your time, and screwing people out of an achievement when they do it to 15. To do all the weapon achievements, it will take you about 80-100 matches. If you set it to 20, these matches count towards "Paint the Town Red" or whatever it is called (deathmatches to 20 x 100). And if you don't you end up doing two times the required work!!!

And for "Have a nice day" you don't need both awards in the same game. I did them ALL seperately in different matches and unlocked them normally. 20 matches, 20 awards, 1 achievement for me.

EDIT: Even though you can boost it while doing something else, I don't think it's worth missing out on those initial games...

Edited by Maka