Achievement Guide

Dstrukt

Rush Coil is still weapon energy and if you jump into the beam and get knocked back you'll have to use Rush Coil again to get over the platform, which would void the achievement. One shot with the Concrete Shot is much easier and safer.

You only use it once. Use the rush coil, then jump inot the laser without rush. Then, while invincible, jump on your rush coil to pass the laser. I think it's a much easier and less risky way to pass the beam. If you shoot the concrete block too high, you can't get to your block, and you void the achievement. If you shoot it too low, you can't make the jump, and you void the achievement. The rush coil will work 100% of the time. It would suck to get that far and screw up the concrete shot and have to start over.

I strongly advise that everyone stay away from the concrete shot method. Be safe and use the Rush Coil method. You'll take a hit, but there is a helath pickup and plenty of easy bosses to fight to get your little scrap of health back.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few questions, hope you guys can answer swiftly for me. :)

For Conservationalist:

In Wily 1, I usually do Coil over the 3 beam, climb up to the next screen and drop down on the ledge, then Rush Jet across. Can I still do this? I'm confused on how to get across here WITHOUT doing that.

Also in Wily 1, in the room above the portal room, how do I get across those spikes? I usually Rush Jet across... What am I to do here?

Few questions, hope you guys can answer swiftly for me. :)

For Conservationalist:

In Wily 1, I usually do Coil over the 3 beam, climb up to the next screen and drop down on the ledge, then Rush Jet across. Can I still do this? I'm confused on how to get across here WITHOUT doing that.

Also in Wily 1, in the room above the portal room, how do I get across those spikes? I usually Rush Jet across... What am I to do here?

Here is my breakdown on Wily stage 1:

The first lift you will need to use Tornado.

The next screen directly above the first lift, you will have 2 lifts. Use Tornado again.

The next screen will be the one where there are several lifts, a bed of spikes, a free man, and some weapon energy refillers. Use the refiller on the left for your Tornado. Then, use Rush Jet to continue across. Crash your rush jet into the wall above the extra life pickup an hold to the right. This will stop the rush jet and land you on the free man pickup. From this ledge, walk off onto the lift to the right, and jump to the ladder.

When you get to the room with 1 horizontal laser, time a rush coil to jump to the ladder. Once you grab it, keep your rush coil equipped.

While entering the next room via a ladder (3 horiziontal lasers), immediately shoot a rush coil to your right wile climbing the ladder - you will have to be pretty quick. Then, once you get to the top of the ladder, jump onto your rush coil beating the laser fire, and hold to the right. The goal here is to grab the second ladder (middle ladder) on this jump. If you successfully grab it, continue to the next screen. When you reach this next screen, there will be a final horizontal laser waiting to blast you. Don't worry about it because you can beat this with speed. Simply finish climbing your ladder non-stop from the time yo enter the screen, and when it gets to the point where you are standing on the ladder and have to make a jump, jump to the ladder at the right, not the one above you, and thenn immediately jump straight up and grab that ladder. If done correctly, the laser fire will completely miss you.

Then, the last energy usage will be above the jump portals across the pit of spikes - use your rush jet. If you have spike boots, you can take the hits, but I suggest you save those for the underwater section on the next level. I used the rush jet on this part and still got the achievement. Not using it is foolish.

Hope that helps.

So awesome. Thanks a million, I'm 2 achievements from 200... Beat the game 1 minute over the 60 min mark, figured I'd get it eventually but it seems I'll have to make a specific run at that. Gonna try to perfect it tonight! Yay!

Too bad MS only allows 200 points for arcade titles... This game would be righteous with like 50 achievements.

So awesome. Thanks a million, I'm 2 achievements from 200... Beat the game 1 minute over the 60 min mark, figured I'd get it eventually but it seems I'll have to make a specific run at that. Gonna try to perfect it tonight! Yay!

Too bad MS only allows 200 points for arcade titles... This game would be righteous with like 50 achievements.

Yeah, you'll get it if you're going for it. I beat the game in 42 minutes without even trying. I have beat the game about 10 times now, though. So, I know where every little baddie and trick will try to kill me. just make sure thast you play plug man's stage and completely stock up on E-tanks, M-Tank, 1/2 damage, spike boots, and Beats before you attempt Wily's castle. Use your 1/2 damage on Wily's last stage, and this achievement will be cake if you have 1 or 2 E-tanks left at this point. I finished with 7 left, but stock up just in case.

Yeah, you'll get it if you're going for it. I beat the game in 42 minutes without even trying. I have beat the game about 10 times now, though. So, I know where every little baddie and trick will try to kill me. just make sure thast you play plug man's stage and completely stock up on E-tanks, M-Tank, 1/2 damage, spike boots, and Beats before you attempt Wily's castle. Use your 1/2 damage on Wily's last stage, and this achievement will be cake if you have 1 or 2 E-tanks left at this point. I finished with 7 left, but stock up just in case.

Yep, already did. I went through the 8 robots without firing a shot of anything except the Buster at the bosses/minibosses on one file with everything maxed out (full Beats, full Guards, full Tanks, etc), so I'm all good. Keep dying on the 3 beams though...

Also, it is not based on the number of shots you use throughout the game. It is situation specific. For example, if you do not shoot concrete blocks on the lasers on Wily's last level, you can not use those elsewhere - it will void the achievement.

What do you mean by situation specific? In the Wily 2 area where you're supposed to jump through a phantom block I actually used two concrete shots because I fucked up the first time. I got the achievement on that run though. I was thinking maybe it's because I used spike guards to get across the section in Wily 1 where you're supposed to use Rush Jet, so it made up for my mistake.

What do you mean by situation specific? In the Wily 2 area where you're supposed to jump through a phantom block I actually used two concrete shots because I fucked up the first time. I got the achievement on that run though. I was thinking maybe it's because I used spike guards to get across the section in Wily 1 where you're supposed to use Rush Jet, so it made up for my mistake.

It's hard to describe. I'll put it this way, if you save 10 concrete shots by not using them on Wily 4, you can't use that same amount or even less somewhere else - it will void the achievement. This happened to me on Wily stage 2 where I died and had to re-use the laser trident to destroy a block underwater. It voided my achievement and I had to play again.

However, on the same part you are talking about with the phantom blocks, I screwed up a rush coil, and re-used it. I made it the second time, and I got the achievement on that play through. So, it may just be that you can't die and re-use something. The laser trident voided the achievement, the rush coil did not. this may also mean that Rush energy does not count as weapon energy, but I am not sure.

Quick urgent question: I had to use Trident underwater in Wily 2 four times, once on each block as opposed to taking two out in one blast. Am I boned?

Start over.

You should never even think about having to blast the one with the health refiller after it. Forget it, and aim solely for the one block. Make the jump to the bottom where you don't need to shoot another trident. If you hit the spikes, that's why you have spike boots - no big deal. But, using an extra trident did screw me over on one play through.

Start over.

You should never even think about having to blast the one with the health refiller after it. Forget it, and aim solely for the one block. Make the jump to the bottom where you don't need to shoot another trident. If you hit the spikes, that's why you have spike boots - no big deal. But, using an extra trident did screw me over on one play through.

Sooo lame, gah.

It's hard to describe. I'll put it this way, if you save 10 concrete shots by not using them on Wily 4, you can't use that same amount or even less somewhere else - it will void the achievement. This happened to me on Wily stage 2 where I died and had to re-use the laser trident to destroy a block underwater. It voided my achievement and I had to play again.

However, on the same part you are talking about with the phantom blocks, I screwed up a rush coil, and re-used it. I made it the second time, and I got the achievement on that play through. So, it may just be that you can't die and re-use something. The laser trident voided the achievement, the rush coil did not. this may also mean that Rush energy does not count as weapon energy, but I am not sure.

Rush energy does count as weapon energy. I had the same issue durying my runthrough for Conservationist. I used 2x Concrete Shot in the room where you first encounter the projectors much like how you used RC 2x. My achievement still unlocked.

It could be that the room allows for one mistake. I don't know. it'd be pretty hard to confirm it.

I feel like an idiot, but, World Warrior is the only achievement I don't have. I did all the tips that the OP gave, but, it won't unlock. Do I have to do it all in one playthrough or what? Is there some commonly missed enemy I'm not getting? Do I have to use Black Hole Bomb to "kill" what Wily shoots at me in phase 2/3?

Yes you have to do it all in one playthrough. That is not to say, you can't save, quit and come back to the same save later. It just means you can't kill a combination of enemies from 2 seperate saves for the achievement.

All the commonly missed enemies are listed on the first page. However, I did remember something that may be worth noting. Did you kill the balloons in Tornado Man's stage by shooting the face or by shooting the balloon itself, causing them to zip around the screen? If you did the latter, then you didn't actually 'kill' the enemy. You must shoot the face.

I've added the balloon enemy to the list of enemies in the guide now.

Edited by Dstrukt

To be on the safe side, I made sure to get all the variations of the enemies. So I made the balloon zip around and I defeated it without that happening. For the scissor enemy in Hornet Man's stage I killed the top, bottom, and put together scissors.

I'm pretty pissed, I spent all that time finishing the game without killing anything except the mini-bosses and bosses, and yet no achievement and i've tried 3 times. Oh well, guess i'm gonna have to start another file as I guess I killed something in one of the 8 boss stages before my Wily Castle save.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can get world warrior on another playthrough as long as its on the same save file. I finished my first run and didn't get it, then saved, then loaded the finished save up and beat the game again and got it. and I'm almost certain that I didn't kill everything on my second playthrough either.

• 3 months later...

I did and got the "World Warrior" achievement today and I can confirm the ennemies displayed during the ending are not enough to get the achievement, those ennemies are just the ennemies of the first eight stages (so the boss stages)

I can also confirm that you can save (so, yeah, you don't need to do in straight, but you have to do it on the same save).

Here's how I did :

I started a "New game", and started with "Galaxy Man" stage. Every ennemy in this stage can be killed with the Mega Buster, and even the boss is really easy with it, then you gain the "Black Hole Bomb", so with that you'll be able to kill near all ennemies in the other stages.

Then, you can take the order you want, as the Black Hole Bomb will help you kill ennemies you wouldn't be able to kill without some other weapons.

About the boss fight, like explained in the thread, I assured myself to kill at least one ennemy for each (fish, hornet), and I even used the Black Hole Bomb on "Plug Man's shots" but I don't think it's required (I just wanted to be sure, and so to not have to do it again just because of that).

I killed the most ennemies I could anyway (and when I was losing a life, I killed the ennemies in front of me again, even if I had killed them before).

About the ballon, I just killed them by shooting the face.

In "Hornet Man", I destroyed at least one shot of each flower pots and killed each flower pot.

In Wily Stages, same, killed one ennemi of each.

The only ennemy which can't be killed is the big green thing which shoot when you shoot him.

I wouldn't advice people to use Tornado Blow because I don't see it kill the ennemies.

When ennemies are killed, you sometimes get a item (that's the case with the Black Hole Bomb but not with the Tornado Blow). You can use it when needed, but not to kill ennemies I think.

Another thing, last form of Wily shots are not needed (so no need to "Black Hole Bomb" them).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe you guys can help me.

I'm having trouble unlocking the Blue Bomber and I have absolutely no idea why. I did indeed fulfill the requirements of defeating a boss without getting hit, but I didn't receive the Achievement.

This has happened to me three times, so far. On my first go today, I beat Galaxy Man at Wily's Castle without getting hit. No Achievement. I figured it probably didn't apply to the castle.

So once I beat the game, I went back and beat Splash Woman, got her Trident and went up against Concrete Man, using the Trident on him and whatever cement blocks he attempted to form. Again, I beat him without getting hit (not even by the cement or him hitting the floor) and no Achievement.

Out of frustration, I tried Galaxy Man again on the save made after completing the game. Had previously beaten Concrete Man, so I took Galaxy Man out without any hassle. Didn't take any damage. STILL NO ACHIEVEMENT!

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. Solved the problem. Had to delete my save data for the game on my 360 and reattempt it. Unlocked it.

Edited by Tsukento

• 1 month later...

Why does Eddie hate me so much? I've gotten to Wily twice now without E-tanks and this is what he gave me on his last form.

First time: A life, one small screw and 2 big screws

Second time: Big weapon powerup (Which I was thankful for, I needed plug balls), 2 small screws and one big screw

Is Eddie this much of a bastard for anyone else?

• 9 months later...
Why does Eddie hate me so much? I've gotten to Wily twice now without E-tanks and this is what he gave me on his last form.

First time: A life, one small screw and 2 big screws

Second time: Big weapon powerup (Which I was thankful for, I needed plug balls), 2 small screws and one big screw

Is Eddie this much of a bastard for anyone else?

Yes. He never gives me the right stuff, when I need it the most. :(