Glitch for the 60 point loopnastics achievement

xIx EDGE xIx

Actually it does work with the Xbox Arcade Unplugged disc (as that's what I was using when I did it).

The glitch is that after playing a round of loopnastics, you watch the tutorial and it will unlock. However, the exact cause is a bit unclear, so sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.

In addition, this glitch has been fixed in the more recent patches for the game. If you want to do this now, you will have to clear all patches for the game and try it (I will explain how in a sec).

And for the record, as mentioned I did this using the version on the Arcade Unplugged disc.

To start with, we need to play the game without any patches. To do this:

1. Turn on your 360 & sign in
  2. Unplug your network cable (if it's plugged in)
  3. Go to the system blade and select memory
  4. On the Hard Drive, hit Y
  5. Now press X-X-RB-LB-X-X, and you will be asked if you want to do maintenance. Select yes, and all patches will be removed from the hard drive. THIS WILL IN NO WAY HARM ANY GAMESAVES OR ACHIEVEMENTS IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE. The only downside is that patches for all other games will have to be redownloaded the next time you play them.

Now, don't plug in your network cable, but start up Wik. Now to do the achievement (this is exactly what I did, but as mentioned earlier the glitch seems somewhat unpredictable):

1. Go to Single Player, Bonus Levels, Loopnastics.
  2. Start a game, and do your best but fall short of the 60 needed (score at enough points to avoid the "You seem to be having problems with Loopnastics screen")
  3. Now on the leaderboard screen, hit "B" to go to the bonus menu
  4. Select Loopnastics
  5. Watch the last demo (Aerial Bonus - 4 Points) by selecting it and pressing X
  6. Press A to replay the level again.
  7. At the leaderboard, hit B for bonus menu again and this time watch the Top Ring Bonus - 3 Points tutorial
  8. Press A to replay the level.
  9. Press A to replay the level again (that is DO NOT watch a tutorial after this match)
  10. Press A to replay the level one last time
  11. Hit B for bonus menu, and watch the Stutter Bonus - 2 Point tutorial

After the demo completes you should get the achievement (or at least I did).

Credit goes out to DatWunDude on the xbox.com forums for pointing out the order of playing matches.

Hope this helps.

i cant beleive it but it worked thanks mate top notch guide:woop::woop::woop:

i also used the arcade uplugged disc and just naturally didnt ever download the patch so i didnt have to delete

im so glad i got this cause i know i can beat the story/challenges and i already fluked the other tough loop one so 200g here i come

also just out of interest here was my leaderboard at the time after more than 20 attempts

- thank god for this glitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just did this and it popped

1. Start a game, and do your best but fall short of the 60 needed (score at enough points to avoid the "You seem to be having problems with Loopnastics screen")

2. Now on the leaderboard screen, hit "B" to go to the bonus menu

3. Select Loopnastics

4. Watch the last demo (Aerial Bonus - 4 Points) by selecting it and pressing X

5. Press A to replay the level again.

6. and again

7. At the leaderboard, hit B for bonus menu again and this time watch the Top Ring Bonus - 3 Points tutorial

and it popped right here and I didn't get 60 combined points though with the tutorials it would've been around 50-55 if the game was combining them (which I think it does).

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

For those curious, this still works. I'm in the process of mopping up some old unfinished achievements and hadn't even been aware of this glitch when I first played this game a few years ago. I just tried it (having to refuse the game update of course). Performed the steps just as described, achievement popped no problem.