Warning! Achievements glitched at this time.

T0b3

Just got the Mk2 achievement. What i did was after the 2nd playthrough (Which i passed and achievement still didn't unlock) i deleted the game and re installed it and in the 3rd playthrough it unlocked. I don't know if this is a coincidance but someone said it worked in a post so i gave it a shot and worked wonders for me. Also i passed it on very easy :p

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thought processes that I can rule out.

I wondered if unlocking achvs earlier in the same session had an effect as my first MK1 playthrough didn't end with an achv but my second, fresh from the dashboard, did.

Well, I got the UMK3 achv despite starting as Sektor, getting the animality achv, switching to scorpion when I died on the next round, sticking with him all the way up to the final round, dying, switching to Kano and beating Shao Kahn with him. Achv unlocked.

So difficulty (very easy) isn't a factor, character selection isn't a factor and earning achvs in that session isn't a factor.

I'm scared to try MK2.

MK1 and MK2 go no problem, but i have now beaten MK3 4 times and no achievement!!

this glitch seems to be just random.....

all i can say is what a let down this has been.. i was looking forward to this for a long time.... online sucks and achievements are glitched....

EDIT: just got them to unlock...

i used scorpion at the beginning and then defeated shao khan with him, the otherr times i mixed my characters up.. for explame i used liu kang to defeat shao khan (not using him once during the ladder stages) same as sub zero and kitana (MK3)

and i do recall using kitana in MK2 at the beginning and finshing with her and also sub zero in MK1

may this has something to do with the glitch??

Edited by SevenJesterHats

yesterday after my post i redid MK1 and FINALLY my achievement for beating all 3 games pop... i was so relief i just had to redo MK1(the easiest) as i didn't knew what was the problem... it may be a first to have the 3 previous achievements yet not the final one for all games unlocked...

But problem solve.... i wonder if they did it on purpose to make it harder to get the 200... The rest is pretty simple really... I just have to do an animality now and thats it, all that would be left is the 200 wins... wich is at least FUN to do... well when it dosent lag cause yesterday.... arg

I've completed all three games, but only unlocked the achievement for beating Mortal Kombat 2.

I mixed up my characters for MK1 and UMK3 but stuck with just one character for MK2 and that's the only one that popped, so I'm wondering if that might be the problem.

i do think it's random. I switch characters with all of the games and each one unlocked just fine although the chosen one unlocked before the beat MK3 one did.

i do think it's random. I switch characters with all of the games and each one unlocked just fine although the chosen one unlocked before the beat MK3 one did.

You're probably right. After looking around here everyone seems to have different reasons for the achievements not unlocking.

They really need to patch this sooner than later though. The overall opinion of this game seems to be disappointment because of lag and glitches, which is a shame as it's a great trilogy of games at it's core.

I spent 4 hours on MK 2.....And no Achievement. I loss good sleep over this....

Damn, me and you both man. Just pumped a good three hours into MKII and about cried when I didn't hear the bleep, blop from the achievement pop.

What are the odds that this gets a fix that just give the achievement to those who previously beat it (without having to play through again)?

I just played through all three games and got all the achievements on my first time completing them, and I also got the achievement at the same time for completing all three.

I changed the difficulty to very easy before starting any of the games, then I played through each game, continuing several times in some cases, but I finished the game with the same character I started each one with, and only defeated any opponents with that one character.

I may just be one of the lucky ones but thats what worked for me.

I didn't win diamond test your might since I wasn't paying attention.

Hope this helps some people out before the patch finally gets released.

I got the achievement for 2, but not for 1 or 3, so I deleted the game from my hd, redownloaded it from my history and played 1 than 3 and got the achievements as well A's the complete all games one. I'm not saying it's the full proof way to do it, it's just something I tried. Hope it works for all of you.

Someone on page 3 of this post already posted this, and it worked for that person as well. Didn't mean to steal any thunder.

Edited by Richjn
Correction

• 3 months later...

First a beat MK1 and MK2 5 times and got no achievement so I disconnected from XBL to check if it would work and it did. I beat MK1 and MK2 and got the achievements in first try. I got The Chosen One as well.

So all of you who can't get the achi try to disconnect from XBL, beat the game one more time and let us know if it works.