pinnacle station dont work????

DJHirst

A bit random but mjc0961 im lovin your pic lol.

All my m8s can play P.S but me, i hate bioware at the mo, they should of tested it, who doesnt test there product b4 release?

Thats like releasing a game console n not testin it 4 all the bugs...... ooh the ps3 lmao but really, why bioware, why screw us ova, make a mental note "TEST YOUR DLC BEFOR RELEASE."

Any news on a fix yet? I looked it up but can't find any recent updates.

I really wanna play this even just for the achievs. How long does it take to test this, put in the Classic edition and see if it works. Maybe 1 minute :mad: If they don't even do this they're really ****ing it up.

If you read this ( http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=691851&forum=104&sp=120 ) topic on the Bioware forum, you can see there is a sollution. The only problem is they need to 'certificate' it. I guess the problem lies with Microsoft then and not Bioware.
No, that's the same garbage that that idiot Jack was spewing last week. "Oh there is a quick fix lol but apparently MS's people don't realize it yet lol and there's also a patch in certification lol."

He's giving everyone the run-around. All that says to me is "We've made absolutely no progress whatsoever in fixing this, but thanks for the five bucks!"

by the time this is fix well wod all of moved on 2 newer games and DLC that works

looks like mass effect will be collecting sum more dust n by the look of things so will mass effect 2........in a shop, on the shelve, by it self lol

how come PC has got a "fix" but 360 doesnt????? they shod send out codes 4 the ppl who r affected by is, 2 get BDTS of the marketplace 4 free.

by the time this is fix well wod all of moved on 2 newer games and DLC that works

looks like mass effect will be collecting sum more dust n by the look of things so will mass effect 2........in a shop, on the shelve, by it self lol

Too true. I've already moved on to Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I'm really hoping that the Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3 comes out today for PS3. I already put my copy of Mass Effect away.

Finally some progress: apparently the fix has finally passed certification and will be made available next Monday, the 21st.

http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=691851&forum=104&sp=165 (look for that Jack guy again)

But to be honest, the only reason I care again is that my PS3's BRD drive broke and I had to sent it in, meaning no Batman and no Fallout 3 DLC (also no RA3 Commanders Challenges that I'm looking forward to), meaning that I'm bored.

Also, BobFromGeorgia on that same page makes a good point (while mistaking the price of the DLC for 800 MSP instead of 400): What the fuck was Microsoft thinking with keeping this on the Marketplace broken for so long? Bioware knew it was broken, they knew it was broken, lots of us knew it was broken... Why leave it there? All they did was piss more customers off who bought it and then learned that it didn't work.

So two thumbs down to MS for their piss-poor handling of this situation as well.

And that Jack fellow makes a good point as well: Everyone and their mom would be trying to get something certified now for the upcoming holiday rush. Had I thought of that before, I wouldn't have been quite so pissed at the slow speed things were getting done. You think MS could have expedited it though if they insisted on leaving the DLC on the Marketplace.

Edited by mjc0961

Yeah, I also just heard that the update is actually for the bonus disc. I popped that in and got an update, so we'll see what happens.

EDIT: FINALLY. It works. I can see both BDtS and PS on the DLC section under extras. A few more days and I'd have given up on this again (a replacement PS3 was shipped yesterday, should have it by Saturday if all goes well).

EDIT 2: Just wanted to mention that you do have to delete your BDtS DLC and then re-install it from the Bonus Content Disc for this to work. Apparently the problem was where the DLC installed from the disc was saved. You can read this as I don't feel like paraphrasing:

The issue we know about that was fixed was as follows (this is going to be long)

The DLC for mass effect is placed into a different folder if it is downloaded than it is if it was installed off of a disk. Mass Effect searches for the DLC on the Xbox and then looks for anything else in that folder, if it doesn't find anything else in the folder it will assume there is no more DLC, so it stops looking.

This resulted in people who had Bring Down the Sky installed from a disk, as well as Pinnacle Station installed from Xbox live, both in different locations, and the game was unable to detect them both at the same time.

So this fix was to move the BDtS content (from a disk) to the same folder the Pinnacle Station content is located.

So obviously, you need to delete BDtS from its old location, and then reinstall it from the Bonus Disc, with the new update for the Bonus Disc telling it to install it in the same folder as Pinnacle Station. So yeah.

1. Delete current BDtS DLC from your HDD.
  2. Pop in the Bonus Content Disc again.
  3. Get the title update for said disc.
  4. Reinstall BDtS from the disc.
  5. Put in the Mass Effect disc and start the game.
  6. Finally go to Pinnacle Station with your LV60 Shepard and own the life out of that place.

Edited by mjc0961

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me here? I don't have the platinum hits version of the game, bought this game at launched. I downloaded Pinnacle Station and then BDTS in this order yesterday and still can't find pinnacle station anywhere. Do I have to do something specific in order to access it on the map? Do I need to talk to someone on the Citadel or something? I've seen one video on youtube and it seems to be in the same system as Citadel, yet I can't find it. I am a spectre so I should be able to see it right?