Vigils Guide

L0cke89

Sure thing, bud. Might want to start a new game and test that theory. Everyone else didn't get it with full health, and you're not even addressing that some of us got it when the enemy's health was full. Worth double checking on your end.

I've gone back and done it again and again got it with full health and the enemy's health very low, maybe there's some exception with a one-shot somewhere.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone double confirm which vigils carry over to New Game + ive heard the narrator after bringing Zia back that there was no return, so i did all the 1's I could get only 1 im missing is the "The Triggers" with the Army Carbine, ive done all area's and couldnt get it in WKW so was hoping i can get it in New Game + incl. whatever doesnt carry over

Could anyone double confirm which vigils carry over to New Game + ive heard the narrator after bringing Zia back that there was no return, so i did all the 1's I could get only 1 im missing is the "The Triggers" with the Army Carbine, ive done all area's and couldnt get it in WKW so was hoping i can get it in New Game + incl. whatever doesnt carry over

The only vigils that don't carry over, are the Bastion building ones, and the artifact collection one. All the weapon ones carry over, along with the few miscellaneous ones.

7. The Masons

(Cael Hammer) Deal 70 damage with one blow to a single foe.

I got this very easily after a few upgrades for the hammer.

On the second upgrade tier is a skill where you hold LT for a while and then you can fire off a powerful swing. I did this to an enemy and did 120 damage. That was with two of the +50% damage upgrades as well, so you can probably do this with only two upgrades on your hammer.

I had the same issue, so for the cinders vigil, head into the pipe who knows where, then when you have around 8 or 9 waves left 3 carts spewing out squirts will spawn, let the squirts gather and let them have it with the bellows.

I had the same issue, so for the cinders vigil, head into the pipe who knows where, then when you have around 8 or 9 waves left 3 carts spewing out squirts will spawn, let the squirts gather and let them have it with the bellows.

Thank you very much!

Help me for "The Masons" (Cael Hammer) Deal 70 damage with one blow to a single foe. I do -125 with my hammer 4/5 updated and nothing ! How do you do ? I don't understand why ? Please :'

EDIT : It's good i find ! You can do this this 3/5 update and Whiskey-Wolf bottle. Put 2x50% more damage and LT aptitude. Go to the Pipe, make your life down to that the Whiskey bottle is activated. On any wave keep just an enemy, hold LT to that the charge is maximum and kill him. And it's good !

Edited by Imp3RiuM

If you have the abilities that allow you to continue 3 times, that return health when you kill an enemy, and that cause you to emit damage upon death, the Pike proving ground is obscenely easy. Do one slow runthrough to get a feel of where the switches are. When necessary, just let yourself die chasing a switch. Time pauses while you decide to keep going, and all the enemies inthe area are obliterated, so all obstacles are gone. Was about to do it in about 50 seconds with almost no effort.

Another Proving Ground that's obscenely easy with the right stuff; if you upgrade the Calamity Cannon fully and set it so that it seeks out enemies, you basically just need to fire the cannon in the general direction of the windbags until they're dead. They won't respawn until you stop, but you can kill them all long before they get remotely close to the pillar things you're protecting. It costs a lot to upgrade the weapon fully, though, so I can see why some people might want to avoid doing that. I didn't bother trying to finish all of these until new game+, so I had more money than I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what's up with "The Menders", it seems everyone says something different... I know for a fact I tried for like 1 1/2 hours doing it with the enemy at 20% on all different types, melee and ranged and it DID NOT UNLOCK. I decided it must mean the player's health has to be at 20%, tried it ONCE, and got the vigil... The enemy was at 100% health too btw.

Vigils that don't carry over to New Game Plus:

(assuming you completed 100% of them in the first playthrough)

1. The Valediction

Construct a Memorial to Caelondia.

2. The Dynasty

Earn First Prize in seven Proving Grounds.

3. The Culture

Discover at least 15 mementos.

22. The Sanctuary

Build and upgrade all 6 buildings.

I completed all of them the first playthrough and these are the only ones that "reset" in New Game Plus, in case anyone wanted to know.

Edited by em0rox

• 2 weeks later...
which is a good idol to activate for the Faith Vigil?

I used the idol that was recommended in the guide: Roathus. Adding to what em0rox said, you should wait until your second playthrough to complete this achievement. It's MUCH easier to get all the Vigils done the second time around, and all of the trips to Who Knows Where become much easier when you're a higher level with all the weapons maxed out.