Tooled Up glitched??? Look here

Chaos MAN

I've been reading some of the threads about people complaining about not getting this achievement, so I'm making this thread to explain what causes some of the bugs and how to fix them. First up if you've reached level 45 and have all the weapons unlocked and no achievement, don't worry just reach level 50 and reboot the character and it will unlock.:) To reboot the character just click on multiplayer from the main menu and on the next screen it should be the bottom option. ( remember it only shows up when your at level 50 ) Now if you've reached level 45 and do not have all the weapon unlocks you will have to reach level 50, reboot your character, and get to level 45 again. What causes this bug to happen is in the collector edition you were given a code to skip to level 5. DON'T USE THE CODE CAUSE IT SKIPS OVER ONE OF THE WEAPON UNLOCKS. I've had about 6 friends who have used it and they were all hit with this problem. If the above that I written doesn't work then I don't know what to say but sorry.:( Hope this helps people.:) If anyone has a question you can message me over xbl. P.S. if you don't find this helpful don't flame me cause I'm just trying to help out thanks.

Edit- Using the code doesn't always cause the weapon upgrade to glitch on you. I've talked to a lot of people online in crysis about this, and read some of the post here, and it seems about 50/50. I personally wouldn't try it just in case. Plus it only takes about 1-2 hours to get to level 5 online anyway.

Edited by Chaos MAN

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong in some way.

I have the LE when I brought it. Skipped the first 5 levels automatically and between the levels of 45/50 (I can't remember when) I unlocked all the weapons and the achievement unlocked no problem!

Along the way of levelling/boosting I brought about 4 things (Flash, Grendal, Feline and the 1st sniper) and then I brought the rest right at the end!

The fact that some people who put the code in got the achievement and some didnt means that the code is not the cause of the glitch, also, there are several people on this forum who HAVE rebooted and still didnt get the achievement. Whilst I agree that for now the best solution is to risk rebooting, you shouldnt offer it up as a dead cert way to unlock the glitched achievement since the results are clearly not guaranteed. Im only lvl 36 right now but I fully expect the glitch to effect me, Im gonna wait for a patch rather than risk rebooting. If a patch doesnt arrive then Ill consider taking my chances with reboot.

Thats probably what Ill end up doing... get to level 50 and then wait for news of a patch.

I just finished playing with a friend who had his tooled up glitch on him, tonight he maxed level 50, rebooted, and guess what, no achievement :eek: It takes the piss even more because he played legit from start to finish, the best part of 80hrs and then he doesnt get his rightful reward.

So please anyone who is going to reboot to unlock tooled up, just make sure your prepared to get to lvl 45 again because there is no guarantee itll work. Theres also no guarantee of a patch and no guarantee that if/when a patch is released itll unlock the achievement for those who have already rebooted, without them having to get to level 45 again. So as far as Im concerned the only sensible option is to wait, hope this info saves someone from becoming incredibly pissed off!

Are you sure thats right Maka, I was planning on unlocking the K volt last because Id heard that it was this weapon causing the issue, the game supposedly forgets you unlocked it or something along those lines. I dont think its a level 39 weapon, but Im not sure. Im lvl 40 and all I have to unlock is the K volt and the X43 Mike, now I dont know which one to leave until last!!! Have you got anymore details about your theory or can you point me in the direction of the thread you found this info in, cheers mate

Seriously now people, please do not reboot! Its a huge risk and I cant imagine many people wanting to get to lvl 45 again. Give it a few weeks and play something else until you hear about a patch, if the issue doesnt get fixed then by all means try rebooting. I only say this that in the event of a patch being released, I have a horrible feeling that unless you have all the weapons unlocked you wont get the achievement and will have to level up again.

On a side issue does anyone know whether there is a connection with the private game glitch that wiped other progress, it would be interesting to find out whether those with a glitched tooled up played in private games.

@Masterfuljk, read the other posts mate, whether or not you used the code is completely irrelevant.

Edited by o D M C o

The code thing isn't true. I used my code and still unlocked it fine.

Same as, i used the code to get to level 5 straight away and got my last unlock at ank 45, c4 was my last weapon i used the token on that and the achievement unlocked straight away. Strange how so many people arer having trouble with this achievement. I know about 3 or 4 people who have had the achievement unlock as soon as they used the last unlock at 45, myself included.

Can I just ask, those of you who this glitched for, did supersoldier also glitch for? And is there anybody who unlocked supersoldier with no problem, but had a glitch for tooled up?

I ask because Supersoldier did not glitch for me at all, none of the achivements have, so Im wondering if that means this one wont. Im currently level 37, done no boosting at all, and just slowly working my way towards 45. 4 weapons left to unlock...at what point do you get weapon unlocks now?