Dog Face

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got Platinum on everything, taken me about 1 day per track, done 11 out of 15, but I'm throwing the towel in on Backwaters, I just cannot get a good consistant driving line or stay stable, I know I'm reasonable at the game being able to Plat the other 11 tracks, but Backwaters I just seem to bounce around all over the place, doing it 0 faults is easy, but in the time needed for Plat? Impossible. Ironic seen as everyone says Backwaters has a fantastic driving line, IMO it's a mess.

The only way to Plat it going off videos is to do massive bunny hops skipping sections, but I can never do them like the Pro's....time to move on, Trials Evo has beaten me. I'll not be buying another Trials game now, It would be silly to invest in a game that's beyond my skill level!

• 2 months later...

I finally got 600/600 on Evo last month after spending hours and hours on Riders of Doom.

I struggled greatly with the 15 round mini game achievement, as a lot of luck was required (unless you have mastered the game). My nerves went crazy when I got near 15, so I was stuck at 15 for about 3 or 4 months. I wasn't playing it 24/7, but I probably invested over 12 hours into this achievement alone.

The platinum achievement bugged me for awhile, especially on the Egyptian themed track with the crafty ramp at the end. The ramp the end relies on you getting up on it with the back wheel (kind of like a wheelie) and thrusting your character forward at the top of the ramp. Usually I tried to do a full front flip. That one track screwed me up for a long time.. Once I mastered that map, I simply kept replaying the tournament over and over again.. After a couple weeks of constant effort, I managed to zero fault the track.

I'd say this DLC was one of the most stressful/amazing experiences of my gaming life. It'll take hours and hours of effort to complete, but it is by no means impossible. I was god awful at Trials when I first began, but I enjoyed the game, and that propelled me to get better. Experience, experience, experience. Practice makes perfect in trials.

Be ready for one hell of an experience if you want to 600/600 Evolution. HD and Fusion are easy (achievement wise) compared to it. The Marathon achievement will seem like a cakewalk after completing most of Evo, and Fusion is difficult if you want to complete it legitimately.

If anyone needs any tips for the Riders of Doom maps or wants to talk about them on Xbox, send me a message on here. I'll be glad to talk you through maps, as sometimes, just watching someone complete it isn't enough.