Veteran Gear Achievement Unlocks All Gold Skins

Lord Montymort

Rod has just confirmed on Twitch.TV that the unlocks for getting Veteran Gear is that you will get all the Gold Weapons for Gears 3, each will also have a second way of unlocking it also.

Lancer - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear

Hammerburst - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear

Retro Lancer - Unlock in Gears 3 Beta or Veteran Gear

Gnasher - Play the first week of Gears 3 or Veteran Gear

Sawn-Off - Commando Achievement in Gears 1 or Veteran Gear.

The Veteran Gears also get the Old Guard medal and title for Gears 3 as well.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah! I'm stoked for getting all gold weapons. We also get the Retro Lancer from the beta? Awesome, that's all I missed out on. Well, that and the flaming Hammerburst from Week 1 of the Gears 3 beta because I didn't get Bulletstorm. But looks like I get everything except that. Thanks for the info, good to know! :woop:

Edited by Coadster1

Sorry, what do you mean by having the Lancer in Gears 2 for the requirement for the golden lancer?

You could get the gold lancer/hammerburst in gow 3 by having getting them in gears 2; the gold lancer from the limited edition of gow 2 and the gold hammie from the gow 2 midnight release and other giveaways.

Great news . . . because I won't be getting my wings. :D

Everything on that list that I care about, I've already earned or will earn.

everything on the list i have too except the gold HB. but i got the lancer, retro lancer, sawed-off, will have the gnasher. so ye, gold HB is my only gain. atleast i dont have to buy a gold HB code tho =)

btw rod said the LE controller comes with all 5 infected omen weapons, not just the lancer. but if ur really fussed about showing off that u bought the EE/LE console, u can still use the adam fenix MP skin along with an infected omen skin, unless u bought the controller and the LE, either way it adds up to roughly the same price as the EE so who cares? XD

Wow that's so weak. Really sucks that the reward isn't exclusive in the slightest. Was hoping for something that actually showed you earned Veteran Gear (edit: a medal/title isn't satisfactory); now if you see a Gold weapon it could mean they have Veteran Gear, or you know they just met the other condition.

To use myself as an example, I have Veteran Gear but I've also met the other prerequisite for every weapon except the Lancer. So, to use an unnecessarily long example of how worthless this is:

• If I happen to be rocking a Golden Sawn-Off, it could represent that I have the achievement, but most people will think I beat Gears 1 on Insane (which I did).
  • If I'm using the Golden Hammerburst, it could represent the achievement, but I had it in Gears 2 and people will probably see it as an import.
  • If I'm using the Golden Lancer, it would be because of Veteran Gear (in my case), but...people will assume I had it in Gears 2.

And while it's true that this will give those not lucky enough to have the other unlock conditions fulfilled, the problem is nobody is going to associate the weapon with Veteran Gear. I want a reward that immediately expresses "Hey I have a lot of Gears experience, better watch your step." Such a kick in the face, Veteran Gear takes some serious dedication to earn and it's not even worthwhile in the end.

But what irks me even more is the condition for the Gold Gnasher. Everybody will be rocking it, it's going to get so old so ridiculously fast.

Edited by Veedrock

This has annoyed me abit tbh its like why use gold skins ? We already have requirements for getting gold skins its like they have been lazy, I mean I was looking forward to seeing the gold HB now and again cause of how rare it would be as to get it u had to be at the right place at the right time, made it rare but now with the XP events it means everyone will have the option to use it :/, same with the retro lancer why put the work into unlocking it in the beta if u can just get it a different way, might as well make it a starter skin pack for all lol

Was just hoping they would of gave a new skin noone knew about to show who put the time into getting vet gear :/ not just give out the same reward seems really lazy on thier part :|

P.S I don't have vet gear so im in no way one of them people who moan about getting vet gear legit etc :p

P.S.S basicly the same views as veedrock lol just saw his post after I finally posted mine lol (Took ages to write on my phone lol)

Edited by M1keX

Well that sucks. I already have the gold skins for ALL the weapons listed. So the only thing I will unlock when I hit level 100 is the old Guard medal. I was really hoping for something exclusive and bigger than just a plain weapons skin. Oh well, its not really that big deal anyway. I still care more about missing out on several character skins linked to pre-ordering at specific retailers.