Sam Guevenne

Shred Asics 13

I understand the requirements to find this guy for a particular Daedra quest is that you must be level 14 and his location is randomized at various taverns.

After looking at all of the possible locations and being level 25 I cannot for the life of me find this guy. Do I need some sort of story progression? I usually save the main quest for last and I'm wondering if that's part of my problem?

Yeah, I mean, it can't be a tavern that I hadn't visited then right? I guess I will just go down the list again. Time of a day doesn't matter either right?

Hmmm... not sure. The game might spawn him in a tavern you haven't visited at level 14, but don't think that's the case... and the time of day could matter. People are generally awake from 8am to about 12 am.

Hmmm... not sure. The game might spawn him in a tavern you haven't visited at level 14, but don't think that's the case... and the time of day could matter. People are generally awake from 8am to about 12 am.

Well I could have missed one then even though I was almost sure I followed the list properly. I will print it and check them off as I go but I didn't expect so much trouble with this!

He always appears at the first tavern you visit after you meet the level requirements, from what I've seen, after about 5 separate characters. Since you're already level 25, that's 11 levels since you've reached 14, so you probably did a lot since then and can't remember which tavern you visited. Perhaps make a mental checklist of which taverns you might have visited during that level?

Also, check the Misc. quests to see if you already have the objective. He automatically engages conversation with you (as passing dialogue, you might not even hear it if you are focusing on something else) and it adds the misc. objective to your quest log.

Once he spawns, he doesn't move inns, he almost always stays in the one you first see him at.

Also, check the Misc. quests to see if you already have the objective. He automatically engages conversation with you (as passing dialogue, you might not even hear it if you are focusing on something else) and it adds the misc. objective to your quest log.

Once he spawns, he doesn't move inns, he almost always stays in the one you first see him at.

I'm going to feel REALLY stupid when I go home and check and realize that the quest is already in my log :p Either way, thanks for pointing that out it seems like that's what happened.

• 4 months later...

I've been looking for the guy all afternoon and finally found the son of a b*tch after doublechecking every single darn inn. I went to the skyrim wikia page, looked up the "Inns" entry and fasttravelled to every single location. after a few attempts the guy was in Dragon Brigde. No one from any of the forums I looked had found him there...

also, note that he isn't one of the characters that will come to you and start talking to you. you have to approach him and start the conversation, which makes it even more annoying

Braidwood Inn - Kynesgrove

Candlehearth Hall - Windhelm

New Gnisis Cornerclub - Windhelm

Dead Man's Drink - Falkreath

Four Shields Tavern - Dragon Bridge

The Winking Skeever - Solitude

Moorside Inn - Morthal

Nightgate Inn - The Pale

The Stumbling Sabrecat - Fort Dunstad Parade Grounds (The Pale) (Probably not here, depending on how far you advanced the Civil War questline)

Windpeak Inn - Dawnstar

Silver-Blood Inn - Markarth

Old Hroldan Inn - SW of Rorikstead

The Bee and Barb - Riften

Vilemyr Inn - Ivarstead

Frostfruit Inn - Rorikstead

Sleeping Giant Inn - Riverwood

The Bannered Mare - Whiterun

The Frozen Hearth - Winterhold

This is the list I used last night when I FINALLY found Sam. I am level 50 and it took me this long to find him. I just went down the line and of course, found him in Winterhold. From what I've read online, Sam cannot die and does not disappear until after the quest has been started. Even if you ignore him the first time, which I'm almost certain I did, he will remain in the tavern where he spawned.

• 2 weeks later...
Braidwood Inn - Kynesgrove

Candlehearth Hall - Windhelm

New Gnisis Cornerclub - Windhelm

Dead Man's Drink - Falkreath

Four Shields Tavern - Dragon Bridge

The Winking Skeever - Solitude

Moorside Inn - Morthal

Nightgate Inn - The Pale

The Stumbling Sabrecat - Fort Dunstad Parade Grounds (The Pale) (Probably not here, depending on how far you advanced the Civil War questline)

Windpeak Inn - Dawnstar

Silver-Blood Inn - Markarth

Old Hroldan Inn - SW of Rorikstead

The Bee and Barb - Riften

Vilemyr Inn - Ivarstead

Frostfruit Inn - Rorikstead

Sleeping Giant Inn - Riverwood

The Bannered Mare - Whiterun

The Frozen Hearth - Winterhold

This is the list I used last night when I FINALLY found Sam. I am level 50 and it took me this long to find him. I just went down the line and of course, found him in Winterhold. From what I've read online, Sam cannot die and does not disappear until after the quest has been started. Even if you ignore him the first time, which I'm almost certain I did, he will remain in the tavern where he spawned.

I have this as my last item to find - if this list proves to be useful - i shall have to phyisically marry you!!! this game is sooooo freeking annoying!!!

• 10 months later...