Precious Medal Guide

agentnnc

It's 495,000.

Nah. I was recording the song for the hell of it, and you can see pretty clearly that I get the gold at about 489k. Skip to 6:05 since you can't use timestamps when embedding on this site.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldKFqClraRk]Rock Band Blitz - Shout Gold Star - YouTube[/ame]

Regardless, it's not like there's a world of difference with 5k points in a song that takes almost 500k to get gold on.

Wow the video looks awful too. I guess I should encode the videos and not be lazy?

Edited by Ty-Rex

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this sounds stupid but I am missing a few thousands per song for gold so at the last checkpoint is it better to just stick to the busiest lane that you can safely blitz and apply the super on that lane irrespective of the last 3/4 checkpoints and use jackpot?

So if the guitar track has the most notes after the last checkpoint despite not being relatively busy before that point then I can use a full jackpot as well?

Depends on the song. In most cases you can purely stick to your super instrument, as you've identified that one to be the busiest. Sometimes you might want to move to hit a blast note or the final sustain on an instrument. Experiment and see what works for you. With practice you can jump back and forth without missing anything.

Ah, well the OP says 394k, so I thought maybe I stumbled upon something odd. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: To contribute to the cutoffs list, here are some lower gold stars I got:

Jungle Boogie - 162,983

One Week - 116,119

These Days - 331,070

That was a typo. My bad. Also thanks for upating the cutoffs.

Just curious, when you guys use Jackpot, do you fill it before using it so that it goes higher, or do you use it as soon as you can? I have a few songs I'm struggling on, and they're not supposed to be the hard ones (other than Shout);

Bang Your Head

Diamond Eyes

Shout

So Far Away

I've only tried the last 2 a few times, but the first 2 have been killing me. The recommended method for all 4 that I can find is Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar, but I'm just not getting there. Any tips for tracks to prioritize, etc? How much do you worry about keeping Blitz mode going vs. getting power ups and blast notes? Thanks for any help.

Edit: just noticed now, you don't get any of the points if you screw up during the Jackpots? That will make a difference. Better to make sure I don't mess it up than worry about jumping over a few tracks for multpliers if it's too risky.

Edited by Buckswana

Just curious, when you guys use Jackpot, do you fill it before using it so that it goes higher, or do you use it as soon as you can? I have a few songs I'm struggling on, and they're not supposed to be the hard ones (other than Shout);

Bang Your Head

Diamond Eyes

Shout

So Far Away

I've only tried the last 2 a few times, but the first 2 have been killing me. The recommended method for all 4 that I can find is Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar, but I'm just not getting there. Any tips for tracks to prioritize, etc? How much do you worry about keeping Blitz mode going vs. getting power ups and blast notes? Thanks for any help.

Edit: just noticed now, you don't get any of the points if you screw up during the Jackpots? That will make a difference. Better to make sure I don't mess it up than worry about jumping over a few tracks for multpliers if it's too risky.

I just got gold on Diamond Eyes and updated to guide to help max out points. I haven't gold starred the rest but go up a few posts and you'll find a video of someone GSing shout.

Yeah, feel stupid now. Never noticed that if you flub a jackpot, you get nil. Thought you just got as many points as you got up to, but there was a bonus at the end if you completed it. Just got 557k on Shout as soon as I realized it and started making sure not to flub any. On to the others now. 8)

Edited by Buckswana

Yeah, feel stupid now. Never noticed that if you flub a jackpot, you get nil. Thought you just got as many points as you got up too, but there was a bonus at the end if you completed it. Just got 557k on Shout as soon as I realized it and started making sure not to flub any. On to the others now. 8)

Care to share how you got it? The current strategy isn't working for me. I managed 440 but that's still pretty far off.

For Shout, I used the video strategy, trying to get lots of power ups and blast notes, maxing what I could. Used the Jackpot on the long sustains as much as possible, and switched tracks only if completely safe to do so while using it. You'll probably miss maxing out a couple of tracks doing it this way, but you get so many points from the sustains it makes up for it. The last chorus in particular you can use it for a few long holds on guitar, switch to bass for some quick powerup notes so it'll keep going longer, then switch back. It's really about maximizing your Jackpots and not screwing them up, like I was constantly doing.

Cult of Personality I actually did with either Road Rage or Bottle Rockets (sorry, don't remember which)/Blast Notes/Super Guitar. It wasn't too hard with that set up.

Sing - My Chemical Romance

Cutoff: 294,000

Power ups: Bottle Rocket - Blast Notes - Super Guitar

Stay with bass/keyboard as much as possible, as they both tend to get breaks before chorus sections.

At the end, head for the drums, keep playing and make sure you know when to head straight to keyboard to hit the sustain note at the end.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj521/A_Catshovel/IMG_1184.jpg

Godammit.

Also, I have a few nitpicks:

The name of the Queen song is "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)," not just "Death on Two Legs."

The name of the Kelly Clarkson song is "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," not just "Stronger."

"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" is alphabetized starting with "Little," so it should be between "Kids in the Street" and "Moves Like Jagger."

"The Wicker Man" is alphabetized starting with "Wicker," so it should be the last song on the list, after "We Are Young."

Any tips I can add to the guide? It seems quite a few people are struggling with it.

For Sing, specifically? I got ~147,000 point with Jackpot instead of using Bottle Rockets. I still used Blast Notes and Super Guitar, though.

For the most part, I would say that Jackpot, Blast Notes, and Super Guitar can handle most songs.

Edited by A CATSHOVEL

Also, I have a few nitpicks:

The name of the Queen song is "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)," not just "Death on Two Legs."

The name of the Kelly Clarkson song is "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," not just "Stronger."

"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" is alphabetized starting with "Little," so it should be between "Kids in the Street" and "Moves Like Jagger."

"The Wicker Man" is alphabetized starting with "Wicker," so it should be the last song on the list, after "We Are Young."

I made the changes in my notepad document. Next time I update the guide they'll be in the right order and have the full names.

I've updated the guide with all of the suggestions. I also included the video of Shout as I found it to be a great model for beating it. I got gold on my second try after watching the video (so 4 tries total). I also added in strategies for moves like jagger (I forgot to write them in when I originally gold starred the song). I also did some cleaning to make alternate strategies easier to see.

Also, how is this guide not stickied when the achievement guide is?

I got my last gold stars on so far away. I don't think there's anything more to add unless someone finds more accurate point cutoffs (which these are pretty close). If anyone else wants to add information post away and I'll add it next time I log in, but I feel the guide is complete.

Can someone let me know what the average multiplier you gotten on each song so i know when to stop hopping channels and get jackpot and super instrument concentrated on?

Generally speaking on the songs in the guide that use jackpot you use it when it's safe but mainly aim for max multipliers and then pretty much disregard all else during the final few checkpoints.

Yeah, i think this is one achievement I won't be getting anytime soon. I think it took me about 4 or 5 tries to just get 5 stars on Shout.

Generally speaking Shout is the hardest one but it varies from person to person. I suggest saving it for last because you really do need experience on managing the lanes before tackling it.