Thermos Rant

Molly

After going through the entire game yet again with a video guide... I am still missing ONE thermos. I feel like I'm missing one in the woods part but for some reason I'm having trouble getting there and go the wrong way. Is there one on the plane? Sadly, this is starting to ruin the game for me. Ugh... any suggestions?

Copy the guide into a word document and check off the ones that you know FOR ABSOLUTELY SURE you got. That is what I am doing as I am going through and I already know exactly which one I missed in chapter 1 so I can just go back after the game and get it. So for you, it obviously wouldn't be quite that easy, but I am sure you know which ones you got, at least some of them. So just eliminate those and then work your way down the list. Or up it. Whichever works for you.. ;)

I used the Offical Guide and got all the Collectables on my first (Normal) Playthrough. I have just finished The Signal and found all the Collectables within it. I guess now I go back and try to play Nightmare just to get the Nightmare-Only Manuscript Pages. Hope you find the Coffee Thermos you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I am missing one thermo too but I think I know which one it is. But Im in the middle of my nightmare run (completede episode 1-3), and the thermo I may be missing is in the end of episode 1.

My question is then if I can go back and check for the thermo in episode 1 and continue my nightmare run through the episode menu after that by starting up episode 4 or if I will lose my track, and have to start over again?

RoosterTeeth has a great video guide on youtube and it covers all the collectibles ie; thermoses, manuscript pages(normal only), can pyramids, signs, chests, and they have the dlc on a separate video covering the alarm clocks and cardboard cutouts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNoOC7wjkk&feature=fvst]YouTube- Alan Wake: 100% Collectible Guide - Episode One[/ame]

^^This helped me find everything on my first play through hope it helps you just as much.

You have to go to youtube to get the other episodes obviously :D

Edited by XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX
common mistake

RoosterTeeth has a great video guide on youtube and it covers all the collectibles ie; thermoses, manuscript pages(normal only), can pyramids, signs, chests, and they have the dlc on a separate video covering the alarm clocks and cardboard cutouts.

^^This helped me find everything on my first play through hope it helps you just as much.

You have to go to youtube to get the other episodes obviously :D

THANK YOU!!!!!! I finally found my one remaining Thermos! I never saw the Thermos in the window of ruined two story building with the generator. Too focused on the nasties I guess! The video was a huge help!

Yes this one was really frustrating after my first play through I has 4 left, I went through again and was left with 1, then finally on the nightmare play through (which was a lot easier then I thought it would be), it was sitting there in plain site next to the search light you use in the “Fugitive in the Forest” of Episode 3.

I'm on the same problem and went through the game at least 3 times, if you die does the thermos reset itself? I'm thinking that may be my problem as I'm ignoring the ones I'm sure I've got.

I believe it does, until you get to the next checkpoint that is. Then of course it saves. But in between checkpoints you need to get them over again if you die.

If you collect an item and then die before the next checkpoint, that item (well, specifically, a thermos) will remain in game until you collect it again and then succeed in reaching the next checkpoint.

That said, I did not check the in game statistics to verify that the item was not noted as collected. I will check this when I do the next episode.

By the way, walkthroughs are nice but for a game that, for the most part, is played in darkness and sometimes fog, it is a challenge to follow even a video walkthrough. Thermos number eleven in episode one gave me the most problems. Probably because I missed the nearby safe haven (which requires user action to enable). Oh, well, play and learn.

i sugest youtube type in "alan wake 100% completion guide" and you will beable to pick any chapter i used these and got em all.

it may help to clear your cache so you will not miss any you think you already have.1240g all i needed was put the lime in the coconut, i ran through the game and the achievment didnt appear trying again

After going through the entire game yet again with a video guide... I am still missing ONE thermos. I feel like I'm missing one in the woods part but for some reason I'm having trouble getting there and go the wrong way. Is there one on the plane? Sadly, this is starting to ruin the game for me. Ugh... any suggestions?

did you use the achievementhunter.com video guide? cuz that was really helpful for me with all the collectibles, i didnt run into any problems. except i was missing like 4 thermoses after the last episode but then remembered i started collecting on episode 2. lol.

After reading this at the start of my Nightmare playthrough, I was worried the entire time that I'd miss one... And I did. Pissed me off no-end.

Still, I'll get it at some point.